XLVII.

Russian Roulette

That day, the policemen finally got hold of a recording, of the speeding car that got SeoHyun. The camera had a clear shot of the plate number, and quickly had it searched all over Korea. In just a day, one of their spies, had it found in an old warehouse, found in the slums. 

Later that evening, they've all gathered in JaeJoong's living room. Him, Yunho, Changmin and some of the police sat there quietly, until Officer Byun came inside the room. 

"So here's the plan," he said, directly getting into the details. The plan will be executed on the day JaeJoong will meet with the kidnappers to give the ransom. On the negotiation team, will be him, Yunho and JaeJoong. Officer Byun is confident enough to place the three at that position, unarmed, since their hand combat skills were even deadlier than a gun. The officer remembered the painful scene they've put his team through, seeing how they;ve managed to make them look like measly looking mall cops. Some of his team, will be scattered, hiding behind the old warehouse near the main one. They'll be holding snipers with them. While the other ones will be on the ground, protecting the three if ever they will be ambush. A few will also be disguised as civilians, spying if some of the kidnappers will be escaping during the negotiation. 

By morning came, the parameter was already checked and cleared. The officer have already given them their positions. His team was ready, and the other three were focused. Later that afternoon they've already went to the warehouse, praying to God their plan will work. 

At 9:00 in the evening, their black car was already park in front of the warehouse. They got of the car, with JaeJoong leading them in the middle, the three of them approached the three men, who were indentically wearing the same tuxs. JaeJoong and his friends, exactly put a metre distance, between them and the kidnappers. 

Taking notice of the one in the middle, JaeJoong knew he was familiar. After a few seconds he remembered that he was the same guy he saw in the video, who took SeoHyun. He gritted his teeth, and his fists clenched tighter. 

Ignoring the man's sudden aggressiveness, the one in the middle spoke, "Have you brought it?" 

JaeJoong nodded, as he tried to calm himself down. Yunho handed him the case, and he showed it to them. 

"Where is she?" Jae asked. 

The man, nodded and pointed the van near the warehouse. It was obviously opened, but JaeJoong couldn't see if it was clearly SeoHyun who was the one inside. Though he saw a silhouette he still wasn't sure if it was her. 

Not wanting to waste anytime, he looked at the man, eye-to-eye and took a deep breath. "We meet in the middle then?" 

The man nodded and signaled for the van to come closer to the group. They've met in the middle, and after that, everything happened so fast. Jae didn't know how his friends handled their enemies, since his eyes only wanted to break that man's neck. As soon as he handed him the suitcase, he swiftly grabbed hold of his hand, and kicked him in the chest. Their fight only lasted for like 30 seconds. The man's biceps didn't have a say to JaeJoong's skills, when he ended their fight, when his hands locked on his neck, and cracked it. As soon as his fight ended he saw his two friends standing, and panting, but with no scratch at either of them. 

Along with the fight the place immediately rained with bullets. Gunfire filled the air, and along with the three bodies in the middle, some men were lying bleeding in some places they've hidden. 

JaeJoong immediately instructed his friends, "Yunho go inside with the other, look if there are still some men left behind. Don't kill, we might use them during the investigation." Yunho nodded and signaled some of the police to follow him. JaeJoong faced Changmin, "Go outside, see if there are still men within the parameter that are still hiding." Changmin nodded and left JaeJoong. 

Jae immediately rushed to the van. At last he saw the woman he had been longing for. SeoHyun was unconscious, as she was lying across the chair. Though it brought him so much joy to finally hold her close, it pained him to see scars covering her body. Open large wounds on her arms and legs. Her dress blood stained. Even her face wasn't left unscathed. She was very much tortured and JaeJoong couldn't help but feel furious towards whoever did this to her. 

He carefully held her, and was about to get out when someone closed the van. Jae saw a man already running as far awar as possible from them. He tried to open the door, but it was broken. Then a ticking sound echoed inside the room. He searched for the sound, and what he found made him panic. It was a bomb and it was giving him 40 seconds to escape before it detonates. 

He quickly scan the area and planned his escape. He thought of the windows, but like the door it won't open. Second he looked up and see if the car has a sunroof, but unfortunately it hadn't. He was losing time, when finally he saw the windshield. He swiftly jumped in front and gave the glass a powerful kick. With three blows the glass broke and fell down. JaeJoong got out and rushed to the door to open it. He cautiously grabbed SeoHyun and ran. With just a few feet away, the van exploded. Flames and thick black smoke was found in the air. 

JaeJoong was still holding SeoHyun close, protecting her, covering her from the explosion. Policemen rushed to them, and so was the medical team. JaeJoong never left her. He held her close, even when they came. 

"You're safe jagi, I'm finally here," JaeJoong whispered lovingly. He kissed her forehead, hoping that when tomorrow comes, her smile would be the first one he'll see.

---

Okay.... wait for the next update ;)