IV.

Russian Roulette

Dear Readers/Subscribers,

Forgive me if I haven't been updating that much.

School became hectic so I needed to focus my time to up my grades. 

I'm really sorry, 

so as a treat I've written a long update.

I'll try to update more often

Choesonghamnida :(

------

At half past 10, JaeJoong was starting to get ready. Thirty minutes after that he went out of bath. Feeling slightly relaxed from the water's warmth, he immediately dried his hair. He opened the door to his walk in closet and there he started to change. The closet was so organized that the clothes were arranged depending on the color. The drawers were filled with his undershirts neatly folded and his underwears in place. The watches and accesories he had were place in the middle, on a drawer with a glass lid. The farthest wall was where his shoe closet was. There his designer shoes were put into place, organized depending on the material used. 

At 11:15, he checked his image through the mirror. He was wearing his Calvin Klein straight cut black jeans, his plain grey Salavatore Ferragamo shirt and lastly he put on his sleek grey Armani blazer jacket. He put on his black Salvatore Ferragamo leather shoes. A silver necklace and a long black chain adorned his pale milky neck. He also put the black earring, which was a gift from YooChun, on his right piercing. Contented with his own reflection, he immediately went downstairs and hopped on his silver luxury car and drove straight to the place that Changmin texted earlier. 

It was a fifteen minute drive between his home and the hotel, upon reaching he gave the valet his car keys. Asking the connoisseur for directions, he gave him a quick bow and followed his instructions. He didn't give much thought to the people, or rather women, who were looking at him with lustful eyes. For JaeJoong it was an everyday thing already that it was getting old by the day. 

Flo Rida's song greeted him as soon as he opened the door. He searched the dancefloor looking for his friends, when they weren't there, he started to walk around searching for their faces. Finally he saw them lounging on the farthest corner and apparently they weren't alone. He first saw ChangMin who was talking animatedly with JunSu. Across him was YooChun with two girls on either side of him. And with their lopsided dress and messy hair, it seemed like alcohol was already kicking in. Next to him was YunHo who had a girl beside him, her legs placed across his lap and her face disappearing in YunHo's neck. 

"Yo!" JaeJoong greeted them announcing his arrival and took a seat in between ChangMin and YunHo's girl. 

"You're late hyung," ChangMin said, handing him a drink. 

"As usual," YooChun said, as he managed to pull his lips away from one of the girls. 

"Better late than never," he said and guzzled down the drink that was given to him, pouring himself another glass, he looked at his friend, "What's the occasion anyways? I didn't even expect for the both of you to be home?" He said eyeing YunHo and JunSu. 

Jung YunHo is this architect for one of the most successful firms in the country. He was often recruited by a lot of foreign clients that he often leave Korea for months or maybe years depending on the project he was on. He was recognized when he was only 20 years old when he designed one of the biggest skyscrapers in Korea. While Kim JunSu is one of hottest directors in Broadway. He was also discovered when one of the foreign directors came and watch one of his shows. Like YunHo he also had to leave Korea to stay in New York whenever he did some shows. 

"Dubai was cool and all, but I also miss the humid atmosphere of Korea," he answered, "and besides I also miss this beautiful hot Korean girls," he said teasingly and winked at his date. The girl giggled and pulled YunHo into an intese make out session. 

"Yah, hyung's right. It's time already, I needed a break. New York's becoming old," JunSu said as he took in another shot. 

"Ah," JaeJoong said already bored. He poured himself another shot and his eyes rolled to the sides. He was watching aimlessly the events that were simultaneously happening inside the club. The girls and boys were grinding with each other as they danced the night away. Some couples were seated or leaning on the corners of the club having the night be pulled into some stranger's lips. 

Oblivious to him, the four others guys were having a conversation with their eyes. YunHo looked at YooChun, while the two youngest looked at their hyungs. They were obviously trying to do the real reason why they've all gathered here tonight.

"Babe.. how 'bout you and the girls have fun on the dancefloor, ne?" YunHo said gently to her date.

YooChun agreed with a nod and placed his hands on both on his dates knees, "Yes darlings, go dance first ne?" 

The girls looked at each other and held hands as they walked towards the center. JaeJoong looked at them curiously and back to his friends. "Hey, why don't you follow them?" he asked, looking at both YunHo and YooChun. 

"Because there's another why we're here JaeJoong-hyung.." YooChun started, his face getting serious along with the furrowing of his wide forehead. 

JaeJoong looked at them curiously. 

"Cheering party!" JunSu cheered happily with his high-pitched squeaky dolphin voice. 

JaeJoong raised his eyebrows and and shook his head in disbelief, "Not again," he murmured to himself, "Tiffany already beat you to it and I have the scars to prove it," he said remembering the pain he went throught earlier this morning. He flinched out of pain when he tried to flex his hand out. 

"Jinja? I never thought that Fanny could be so wild in bed," YooChun taunted, dirty thoughts started to muddle his brain again. 

JaeJoong slapped his friend's head, "I'm beginning to think that the only thing that, that wide forehead of yours are lewd thoughts. Fanny's not that type of girl." He said stressing out the last word to have his word across.

"Who's Fanny?" JunSu asked ChangMin

"She's JaeJoong-hyung's hot secretary," ChangMin answered with a grin, his thoughts flying again into images of JaeJoong's secretary. 

"And our maknae is so obsessed with her. I swear one day that girl needs to migrate to another place just to avoid you," YunHo happily mocked him. 

ChangMin hissed at him, "One day hyung, one day.." 

"Jinja?" JunSu asked interestedly. He wasn't around when JaeJoong hired her, so he never really met the woman. "If she can make ChangMin that obsessed maybe she's something." He commented looking at ChangMin, "Yo, how about we visit hyung's office on Monday?" he elbowed his dongsae suggestively, "And maybe I could take a bite out of this vixen." 

"NO!" Both JaeJoong and ChangMin said in chorus. 

"Wae? It's not like she's dating either of you!" YooChun said. 

"I saw her first. I call dibs hyung!" ChangMin argues, pouting his lips like a 5-year-old. 

"YAH! You don't have the right to claim her, she's my secretary so she's mine," JaeJoong said crossing his arms and glaring at his dongsae. 

"You're just her boss hyung, not her father," JunSu retorted. 

"She maybe my secretary but I am still older than her. I need to protect her from boys, especially from you guys!" 

"OMO! That's harsh hyung!" ChangMin said, looking defeated already. 

"She's off-limits ChangMin!" 

The exchanged of words and consistent bantering continued, only YunHo remained quiet as he watch the whole scene. He was taking it all in, thinking that this was also the reason why he came back. It was because of his friends. No matter how much friends he gained in Dubai, these four people he was with now, were different. Their friendship was in a different level that he also felt like they were his real brothers. 

"Okay okay, break it up. We were here for a reason guys, and it wasn't about Fanny," he said in a fatherly way, and looked at all of them. 

The four males groaned and bowed their heads, looking like kids who were being scolded for their mistakes. YunHo shifted their topic into the real reason.. the dreaded talk that JaeJoong obviously wanted to avoid. 

"So what's the story hyung?" JunSu asked, looking at him. His eyes full of concern. 

JaeJoong flicked his tounge in annoyance, it was already enough that Tiffany talked to him, but in the end he answered him, "Jessica cheated on me for 5 months. End of story," he said slightly irritated and guzzled two shots of Scotch. 

"How did you find out?" YunHo asked filling pity for his bestfriend. Like Tiffany he knew JaeJoong's complicated history with women, and to get his heartbroken just like that must be the biggest sorrow he had for now. 

"I caught them doing the deed," he said, and felt that his body trembled out of anger. 

"BWO? Chongmallyo?" They all asked. 

JaeJoong merely nodded his head, "Ne, and I beat the crap out of the ," he said proudly, feeling contented with the damage he had done on the poor guy's face. 

"Is Jessica still contacting you?" ChangMin asked as he took a swig with another shot. 

"Ne, but I don't answer any of her calls," JaeJoong explained, playing the rim of the glass with his finger. "You know I never knew it hurt this much? Who knew those crappy things I did with women felt like this. So much for the ring," he said remembering that he hid in a place were he'll never see. "I've never thought how love could be such a bull." 

The guys were all silent, feeling sorry for their hyung. They couldn't find the right words for him, but it was JunSu who broke the silence, "Don't worry hyung, we got your back." he said patting his back. 

JaeJoong looked at him and his lips broke into a crooked grin, "I know." 

"Arasso arasso! Cheers guys!" YunHu said and all of their glasses clinged with each other and drank its contents. 

After that both YunHo and YooChun joined their dates on the dancefloor, leaving the two youngest with JaeJoong. 

They were drinking the night away, not in the mood of flirting with the women who were passing by them. Instead they switched their topics into lighter ones. 

"How 'bout you? How's you and EunJung?" JaeJoong asked JunSu. 

"Right now were just sailing away in our own paths. We both feel like that if destiny thinks that we are fitted with each other, it'll find a way to connect our paths again," JunSu explained the current status he had. Him and EunJung were in a 4-year relationship, but they had to broke it off 2 years ago when he left for New York. Now EunJung is working as an artist in Seoul. 

The two other guys nodded at his answer and took another umpteenth shot. "Yah, I just hope destiny does its thing while I'm here," he said feeling gloomy, and missing his ex.

"YAH! Stop it with all your love problems, we were here to have fun hyung not to get sad over your exes," ChangMin said as he scolded the two other guys. 

"Yah you're right," JaeJoong said. 

"How 'bout we changed the scenery?" ChangMin said, his smile turning into a wide grin as he thought of the perfect place.

"Jinja? Where?" JunSu asked. 

"Ca-si-no," he said in a sing sang voiced, and dragged his two hyungs outside the club and went to the next door casino. 

----

As soon as they entered the place, the two youngest went straight to the poker table leaving their hyung to wander around the place. JaeJoong wasn't really in the mood to bet, so he searched for a quite place to seat around and avoid conversation. The alcohol in his system was already kicking in that he just sat next to an empty roulette table. He crossed his arms over and burried his face in them, trying to pass down his dizziness. 

Oblivious to him, the only person at the table was looking at him. She was this pretty tall worker that the customers have they eyes on. She was looking at the stranger, worried for his condition, she wanted to call someone for help but he asked the guy, "Sir are you okay?" 

JaeJoong groaned, "Yah just feeling dizzy, just let me be for a while," he said slightly irritated with her. 

But the woman didn't take offense with how he spoke. Instead she was still worried about him, but she followed what he said. She assumed that maybe he just needed to take a breather. After 30 minutes of silence, no one came to the roulette table and the woman was already getting impatient with the stranger. She feels like the guy was vibing off some invicible wall for the two of them that's why her table was being ignored. 

"Sir.. how 'bout you place some bets to pass out that dizziness, ne?" She chortled to the stranger. 

JaeJoong shook his head. 

"Please sir? It's been thirty minutes already and nobody came here. My manager's also watching and he may fire me tonight because of that, please?" The woman begged him desperately. 

JaeJoong ignored her pleas and continued to burry his head. 

"Please sir, please?" 

JaeJoong gritted his teeth, feeling annoyed. He opened his walled and place $150 dollars on the nearest number to him. "I hope that'll shut you up."

"Kamsahanida!" The woman cheered happily and rolled the roulette. 

The silence immediately fell on both of them, as they both watch the roulette go round and round. Both of them waiting for it to stop, waiting for JaeJoong's luck. 

"You know? I think love is like this roulette.," JaeJoong said absentmindedly as he was looking at the roulette. 

"Jinja? How so sir?" the woman said curiously. She was so intrigued with what the customer had said, that she was feeling less annoyed of him. 

"Love is a gamble you know? Comparing it to a roulette, you bet in your love and trust to this one person. Both of you spin round and round in the journey of love, trying to see if the two of you could maybe work things out and possibly stay forever. But in the end as the ride slowly stops you'll end up with only two choices. Either you had a good luck on your partner or a bad luck leaving you heartbroken." He explained. "Love is the biggest gamble you have to take in life." 

The woman took all the words that her customer has said. Even with his cocky attitude and his slightly disoriented posture, the things he said hit head on one of the ideals of love. She was amused by what he said that she tried to find the right words to say to the stranger. "You know sir? I agree with you, on the fact that it is a gamble. But then again either you ended up with a good one or bad, don't you think that it's still brings you joy that you tried. You didn't give up on the game, and stayed with your partner until you see the end results. Not everyone is compatible with each other. Sometimes you need to stumble a couple of times before you find the right one." She said optimistically. 

Amused by her answer, JaeJoong looked up he saw a pair of warm brown eyes staring back at him. Finally he was taken aback by the gorgeous beauty that he had been ignoring for the past hour, giving him the warmest of smiles. 

"Aren't you a bit optimistic about the ideals of love?" JaeJoong said. 

The woman laughed a melodic one, "Maybe I am. What can I say I'm completely in love with love." 

JaeJoong smirked, "I'm guessing you're newly wed, am I right?" 

"Engaged actually," and the woman showed him her long pretty fingers, with a diamond ring on his 4th one. 

JaeJoong doesn't understand it but he felt slightly uncomfortable to find out that a pretty woman like her was already in a relationship. He thought how the guy was lucky to find someone like her. JaeJoong perceived that this beauty might be someone you want to take home to meet his parents. But as he was in deep thought JaeJoong felt the contents of the night was starting to come out. He covered his mouth and rushed to the restroom, the woman followed closely behind. She stopped when JaeJoong was already in the men's room. She asked one of the attendants to help JaeJoong. As she was waiting inside, a blonde pettite girl came to her side. 

She bowed to her, "SeoHyun! Thank you for covering for me, sorry if I messed up your date, sorry!" The girl fervently bowed to her. 

The woman, SeoHyun placed her hands on either side of her shoulders to stop her, "Yah! It was okay Sunny-unnie, anything for a friend," she said flashing her a sweet smile. 

She hugged her tight, "Thanks a lot Seo!" 

"Anytime unnie," she said, and took off the suit she had on and hand it over to her friend. Now she wore the body hugging black dress. There was simple pearl choker on her neck. "Anyways I have to go, YongHwa's waiting for me." She said and hurriedly left the place. 

"Ne! Thanks again. Have fun!" Sunny called out, waving her hand. 

Unaware of it all, the roulette stopped, the ball stopping exactly at the number that JaeJoong betted on. 

---

So that explains the title. 

SeoHyun already appeared.

Thanks for reading guys! :)