XXIV.

Russian Roulette

Feeling distressed and edgy, he immediately stepped on the accelerator and tried to searched for her. Everytime he sees a person, he stops his car and asked if they'd ever saw a tall brown-haired woman who was wearing a black sweater. 20 people asked and he was getting close to the sea. His luck went up when an old fisherman told him that he saw the exact same lady by the shore. Wasting no more time, he immediately jumped on his car and turned his car around speeding towards the beach. He parked his car and rushed down the coast. It took no time when Jae finally spotted her. She was slowly walking down and her shoulders slightly hunched. 

He immediately ran to her. "Seo," he called out, but she didn't answer, she didn't even look back. He briskly walked, and finally he catched up with her. He grabbed her wrist to stop her, "Seo, please stop." 

Even with his begging, it didn't break Seo's anger and she tried to pull away her wrist from his hold. "Let go!" 

But JaeJoong didn't budge, he hold on to her tighter. "Please jagi, listen to me." He pleaded so desperately. He shifted his hands up to her shoulders and finally he had a glimpsed behind her hair. JaeJoong couldn't helped but curse himself with the site he just saw. Her eyes were swelling, and her nose red. She was sniffing, and bitting her lip to prevent herself from crying out more. The way she looked today reminded Jae how he saw her that night at the park. He promised himself that he'd never let hurt cloud her eyes again.. that he'd protect her no matter what. But now, he was doing the exact opposite. He was being the main cause for her tears. 

He cupped her face in between his palms. "Seo, I'm sorry," he said hoarsely, as his tears were catching up with his emotions. "Yeobo.." 

"Let me go," she said, as she tried to push him away, but instead Jae locked her inside his arms. 

"No Seo, please listen," he begged, as he hold on to her tighter. 

"I don't want to," she argued stubbornly. "I don't want you.. I want YongHwa."

"Yeobo," he said, feeling damage on how Seo mentioned her fiance's name. "I'm here Seo, please stop crying," he said gently as he her back with his hand. 

"I want YongHwa.. I want to be with YongHwa," she cried so heavily like a child who had just lost her mother. "I want him," she said as she stained JaeJoong's shirt with her tears. 

Right there and then, Jae stood speechless. He felt useless. He wasn't able to keep his promise. He wasn't able to protect her. He wasn't able to love her like what he had planned. He wasn't even able to stop her from her tears. Now he had completely driven her away from him and hearing his fiance's name made him realize how a failure he really was when it comes to her. 

---

"How's she?" He asked YoonA as soon as he got out of her room. After she calmed down a bit, Jae told her for them to go home, she didn't answer but she followed what he said. Inside the car Jae had few attempts of starting a conversation with her but all of them ended up in failure since she never even answered him even once. 

Not having enough power to control her anger any longer, her hand slapped Jae's pale face with so much force. Junsu was about to come to his rescue but Jae shook his head. 

"I just hope that when she wakes up, she won't even have the heart to forgive you," she said acidly and left them. Eunjung followed her closely behind, but Junsu stayed with him.

"Hyung," he said sadly as he motioned to his side. He pitied his friend, knowing how hurt he was by the things he did. Jae remained silent and just faced the brown oak door. 

"I am a monster, aren't I?" He laughed darkly. "I tell her how I love her, but look what I just did." He said bitterly as he the door with his hand. 

He tapped his shoulder, "Don' worry hyung, I'm sure tomorrow everything would be okay." He said, trying to cheer him up. 

He heaved a sigh, "Didn't you hear what YoonA said? She will never forgive me." His tears already forming on the brim, "My SeoHyun.." His forehead leaned on the door, and his heart felt nothing but anguish. "Destiny.. please worked out for me now," he silently prayed. 

Morning came, when Junsu and Jae decided to leave. After having breakfast, Jae searched for Seo, hoping that she was all too willing to finally talk to him. It took him a while until he figured the place where he'd most likely see her. He was about to turn the knob when YoonA put a stop on what he was about to do. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," She threatened dangerously. 

"But.." he was about to argue when Junsu came to buffer the tension. 

"Let me hyung, I'll pass your goodbyes to her too," he said gently and went inside the room. As he walked inside, he heard a very familiar tune being played on the piano. 

"Choplin's nocturne," he said excitedly which startled Seo. 

Junsu immediately apologized and asked Seo to play it some more. Not answering, she continued to play the tune. 

"I'm Kim Junsu by the way," he said happily, finally introducing himself. "You've seen me a lot of time yesterday and I've never even introduced myself." Of course because of an unhappy incident yesterday it didn't cross his mind to formally meet her. "Finally I met the eternal SeoHyun," he said as he remembered how Yoochun and Changmin told him about how crazy Kim JaeJoong was about a certain girl. Like Eunjung he was very much speechless when he saw her. 

"What..?" She asked, looking curiously at Junsu. 

"Hyung mentions you a lot everytime we go out," he explained. "He's crazy about you." He said, which was the biggest understament of the year. 

"That's not what it looks like yesterday," she said sarcastically as she was reminded of the recent events. 

"I'm just saying, JaeJoong-hyung is loose with his words. Whatever he's thinking, he doesn't event filter it, but when he knows he's wrong, he apologize as much as possible and.. he's going to double the effort of making up when the girl he likes is the own involved," he said gently. 

Seo didn't answer and just continued playing. Junsu knew it was probably best to leave her alone. So he bid his goodbye and turned to the door. "I just hope you give him another chance SeoHyun," he said before closing the door.