DANGER

THE IMPOSTORS

Hyunsik moved to the corner of the pool area to call Taehyung hoping he gets on time but he already spent 2 monutes of his promised time to Joohyun before Taehyung could pick up his call.

“I can’t come tonight. You know it’s my girlfriend and her family’s death anniversary.” -Taehyung said.

“But Chairman Kim all of our hard work for the trading company will put into trash. Our selected Acting CEO wants to meet you and she’ll refuse our offer once you failed to meet her.” -Hyunsik responds nervously as he repeatedly checks the time.

“Can’t you just look for a beginner? I mean all of us started from the bottom why are we getting someone who’s already on the top?” -Taehyung insisted.

“Miane Chairman Kim but trading business is very much complicated and she’s the knky candidate we could have.” -Hyunsik said. “Jaebal..” 

10 minutes have passed and Joohyun stood up from her seat. Bobby already took her bag and bowed at every acting CEO in front of them. Thinking it will be rude for them to stop Joohyun they bowed in return and watch as she walks through the exit of the pool area.

Hyunsik made sure to her up to the main doors of the Hotel. Taehyung arrived late than expected but he was able to reach Joohyun at the lobby. 

“Madam Cotillard. This is our brain, Mr. Kim Taehyung.” -Hyunsik said as soon as Taehyung entered the Hotel.

Taehyung didn’t expect that she’s the one he’ll meet tonight. He can’t even believe he wasted the night of his girlfriend’s death anniversary just to meet the woman he used to bumped to in the streets of his home.

Joohyun gave a shocking professional expression as if she pretends not to know that he is the owner of every V group companies. “You’re the brain?” -She sarcastically faked a laugh. “Why are you roaming around the streets? I mean.. You don’t look like someone expensive at all.”-Joohyun harshly said despite Taehyung pulled his black suit just to meet her.

He professionally bowed at Joohyun despite her words are really offensive. “I’m sorry for being late Madam Cotillard.”-Taehyung replied.

“It’s okay..” -Joohyun and she took her car keys from Bobby and throw it to Taehyung which he caught on his hand. “Drive for me.” -Joohyun commanded and she passed by him.

“I’m sorry I don’t drive at night. I actually took a taxi to come here.” -Taehyung said.

“That’s right Madam Cottilard. I can drive for you in behalf of Chairman Kim.”-Hyunsik volunteered.

Joohyun raised a brow “Well I am also sorry If I can’t consider your offer.” -Joohyun warned.

and Taehyung snatched the keys from Hyunsik and gave him a nod. He went out with Joohyun and opened the car doors at the back seat for her but she opened the front seat next to driver’s seat and get inside.

“Why is she acting like that? Does she like Chairman Kim?” -Hyunsik whispered to Bobby.

“Madam Cotillard isn’t attracted to asian guys. She only liked to be obeyed if she does someoene a favor.” -Bobby defends his Boss.

On their way to Joohyun’s place Taehyung grips the steering wheel as his both eyes are focused to the road intensely. A part of him is really nervous but he want to make sure that he’ll be able to bring Joohyun to her home safely.

The travel is silent and quiet. Joohyun is just blushing now good thing it was so dark inside that Taehyung can’t visualize her flushing red face, Taehyung still gives her the best feeling without making too much effort.

“So... Why didn’t you attend the dinner meeting?” -Joohyun tried to asked hoping he would answer.

“Uhmm.. It’s my girlfriend’s and her family’s death anniversary today.” -Taehyung responds honestly.

Joohyun just pushed Irene Cotillard once again and invaded her whole body. Her eyes become teary and her breathing becomes shallow as if she wanted to cry but she can’t. She reclined her seat to prevent her tears from falling and to take the chance to admire Taehyung from the back.

“Well.. I thought you can’t drive at night? Why?” -Joohyun asked.

But before Taehyung could answer an ambulance is approaching on their way and he froze. His vision becomes blurry, his breathing becomes difficult, he begun to sweat too much and his heart is pounding really hard. This is the reason why he can’t drive at night, the incident happened at night with the memories of explosion, fire and sirens and it can trigger his panic attack anytime he hears or see those memories in front of him.

He managed to pull over the car safely. He forcefully stepped on the break and immediately looked for his pill box inside his coat and he started wheezing and getting weak. Joohyun unbuckles her seatbelt “Is everything okay?” -She asked and that’s when she realized that Taehyung is in danger as if he is choking and he can no longer breathe.

He was able to take his pill box but he unintentionally dropped it because of weakness. Joohyun pulled her phone and called for emergency and she started crying already. “Hang on Ba..Chairman Kim. The ambulance is coming.” -Joohyun assured him.

On the other hand Jimin and Seulgi reached her home just like what they have been doing for five years and she found her mother’s packed food on the table. She must have left it because of rushing to work. So she volunteered to bring it to the hospital borrowing her boyfriend’s car and Jimin volunteered to cook their dinner so they could eat once she arrives.

Seulgi found her Mom organizing the charts in the emergency room and she placed her packed food on her desk with her other arm on her waist together with her eyebrow raised. “Since when are you allowed not to bring your food old lady?”

“Hey that’s disrespectful. Thank you for bringing my midnight meal.” -Her mom said and gave her a kiss on her cheek. 

Seulgi was about to make her way out when the ambulance came and the paramedics dropped Taehyung at the emergency room. The nurses together with the resident Doctor rushed to Taehyung together with some nurses. Seulgi was sure it was Taehyung so she came to check it but a part of her was hesitant so she walks slowly.

“I’m sory you can’t stay here.” -The nurse said as she asked Joohyun to get out of the area.

“I know it’s you.” -Seulgi said and the blonde wiped her tears and tried to avoid her the best way she could but what she doesn’t know is her friend knows every inch of her movement. She really looks like Joohyun when she cries.

Joohyun rushed outside the emergency room hoping she could grab a taxi after leaving her car to join Taehyung in the ambulance but she failed and Seulgi just grabbed her from her arm.

“Why are you doing this? Why are you pretending someone you’re not?” -Seulgi asked.

“I don’t know what you’re saying. Let go of me,” -Joohyun said as she forcefully withdraws her hand.

“Joohyun.. He suffered. He suffered for the past 5 years without you!” -Seulgi started crying.

Joohyun also dropped a tear and she turned her back from her so she won’t see her crying. She’s aware that Taehyung suffered knowing that she died from the explosion. 

“He undergo a mental rehabilitation for a year and even he was discharged he hasn’t fully recover. Joohyun.. He needs you.” -Seulgi said.

Joohyun has no choice but to reveal everything to her friend. This is the first time that she feels so weak and worried because of what happened to Taehyung. She hugged her friend and cried, she cried like a river and her friend hug her back.

“Miane.. Seul. I miss you so much!” -Joohyun confessed as she burst out.

Joohyun and Seulgi were able to contemplate themselves after their dramatic moment a while ago. They decided to have some coffee at the waiting shed beside the vendo machine. Joohyun explained everything to Seulgi and she realized she can’t stop her friend from her plans so she supports her and promised to keep her secret with only one condition.

“Make him fall in love with you once again. Kill Joohyun in his memory and make new memories with him as Irene.”-Seulgi requested.

“I will. I promise to bring his old life back.” -Joohyun promised to her friend.

“and please if you’re really hiding Joohyun inside you don’t cry you’re just revealing who you are. You know my speculations never fails me.” -Seulgi told her friend.

and the two begun to ask about their personal lives. Joohyun revealed that she already became a monster in the field of business in Europe even mentioning to her that her employees addressed her as the silent alligator as if she’s more proud of it. While Seulgi told her that she just earned a bachelor degree and a promotion and Joohyun expressed how proud she is for her friend.

“Don’t give me that look. I should’ve be the one to do that expression, tsh I just can’t believe I alrrady have a millionaire boyfriend and a bestfriend.” -Seulgi jokingly said.

“Speaking of your boyfriend.. Are you still with Jimin?” -Joohyun asked because she knew her friend never been into real long term relationship.

Seulgi nods with her eyesmile. “Believe me I also didn’t expect will be together for so long.” -Seulgi said.

“Then just get married.” -Joohyun suggested.

“Oh I’m not yet ready to get married. I’m still in the peak of my career.” -Seulgi told her friend.

but their conversation was cut off after Swulgi received a phone call from Jimin. He just get worried that it took long for her to come back for dinner so the two gave each other a tight hug before they could say good bye.

Joohyun went back to emergency room and the nurse recognized her as Taehyung’s guardian. She gave a blank chart for her to fill up and she was informed that Taehyung needs to be confine for a month. 

“The patient suffered from a heart attack. We were able to revive him however we still need to monitor his health for the upcoming days.” -The Doctor informed Joohyun.

“Is he suffering from a heart disease? I mean.. He’s still young how come..” -Joohyun asked as she has difficulty processing her words. 

“We still can’t tell what caused the heart attack although it is very unusual are you with the patient when this happened?” -The Doctor asked.

But Joohyun can’t provide any cause of Taehyung’s trigger on their way to her home. She also wonders why it happend to Taehyung and she worries a lot with his condition. 

The next morning Taehyung woke up due to chest pain and difficulty with breathing once again. It wasn’t new to him anymore and he was able to take the medicines left beside him. His breathing normalizes and he realized that he’s in the hospital. He was save and he is alive.

“Hyung kwenchana?!” -Jungkook aked as he arrived after he was informed by Hyunsik that Taehyung was hospitalized.

“I’m fine,” -Taehyung said. “How about Madam Cotillard? Is she okay?” 

“Madam co.. Who?” -Jungkook asked as he has difficulty pronouncing her name. “But Hyung what happend to you?” 

“probably the ambulance’s sirens.” -Taehyung said as he tried to kick out its sound from his mind.

Later on Doctor Park Seojun arrived at his room, his psychiatrist for 5 years after he learned from Hyunsik that he’s in the hospital. 

“Yah! Didn’t I tell you it’s too dangerous to drive at night?” -SeoJun said before he purses his lips. “Ah Jinja., you really making me feel like I’m an unskilled Doctor.” -He added as he monitored Taehyung’s heartbeat using a stethoscope it’s arelief that it normalizes but he knew its because of medicine because of an empty pill box beside him.

“Miane.. I’ll be careful next time.” -Taehyung apologized. “I’m thankful that I’m alive, I’m not yet ready to die.” -Taehyung added.

--Chest pains related to Choking.. What is that for?” -Solar asked Joohyun who’s totally absorbed by her laptop browsing on semething.

“Well uhmmm.. This happend to Chairman Kim last night on our way here.” -Joohyun said but her eyes are still glued on the screen of he laptop.

“Oh my God did he die?” -Solad exaggerates. 

“Stop.” -She said with an intense gaze but she already spent a couple of hours researching for Taehyung’s symptoms in the internet and she would normally disregards mental disorder cause she knew it’s impossible for him to be diagnosed.

--
On the other hand Jungkook’s company is having a job fare at a robotic toy store in the mall. Many applicants went on the line to have some application form including a well toned body woman who’s hair up to her neck level, wide almond eyes and lips wearing her black round shaped eyeglasses. She’s like every gamers dream a nerdy, y hot chic look that they could fantasize everyday,

“and you’re applying for?” -Yugyeom asked.

“A programmer.” -Yeri said as she took the application form that was handed to her. 

Yeri applied for a programmer position after she graduated in Japan. She was so smart and clever that she was able to earn her bachelor degree 2 years earlier than expected but she promised to herself to return the favor to the man who helped her to be successful anf that’s Jeon Jungkook she was always thankful with the money he rewarded her when she was highschool the reason why she was able to live comfortably in Japan.

“So what makes you decide with your profession?” -YoungJae the only HR in Jungkook’s company asked

“Well I really liked manipulating and exploring computers ever since I was a kid I just find it very interesting and I usually spend my time in front of gadgets and technologies.” -She answered in a very impressive tone.

YoungJae never failed to express how impressed he is with every applicant he interviews and Yeri is one of them. “Very well then.. Is there anything more interesting about you that our company could benefit?” 

“aside having bachelor degree in programming I also have a certification in mechanics which means I also invent robotic like figures I could use to make my life easier.” 

“Do you brought some samples of your inventions with you?” 

“I honestly didn’t bring any of my invention but I have something I use everyday. It’s my insoles.” -yeri took off her shoe and confidently placed a pair of insoles in front of YoungJae’s desk. She took her phone and operated the insoles from it. The special feature of the insoles is it can detect the smallest nerve endings that triggers pain on soles during prolonged standing with highheels on. It adjusts its texture at the same time warms the foot to relax the tense muscles to relieve the pain. 

YoungJae was really impressed and he can’t deny he will be useful for the company so he offer his hand for a handshake informing Yeri that she just got a job.