WHAT COULD CAUSE A HEARTBREAK

THE IMPOSTORS

“Non sense!” -Ravi shoved everything in his desk after he was informed by their asset that the person who claimed his Grandfather’s wealth was still unknown. He thought he’ll be able to claim the large amount of money on his own once his cousin is dead but it took them several years and yet they still have no idea who might claimed it easily.

“I am sorry Mr. Ravi.. but we can’t find a trace of evidence who could possibly took it. The last will of your Grand father is within our hands and before the explosive incident the money is still at the bank and untouched.” -Hyuk clarified. “Could it be his older sister?”

“Impossible. Haechan was the only one mentioned on his father’s last will and besides you told me that his Sister was also in the restaurant.” -Ravi reminded him. 

Ravi dismissed his head asset Hyuk but he still commanded him to search for more evidence. He’s so desperate with his Grand father’s wealth because that’s the only thing he could use to prove himself to his father in order for him to handle the construction company.

On the other hand Joohyun received a respond regarding their partnership proposal with VIXX Trading co. And she found out that they rejected their proposal. Her temper once again exceeds it limit and she forcefully throw the documents to Bobby.

“Is this how they’re difficult to please? How could they reject a trading company that is already well known in Europe?” – Joohyun asked Bobby.

“In my point of view Madam Cotillard, I believe the heads of VIXX trading co isn’t easy to pleased at all I guess they are suspecting that we might dissolve their company anytime once they signed the partnership since our profit is way more higher than theirs.” – Bobby explained.

“How could you? Yah! You’re the one who told me to go back here because you think they have reached ¼ of our profit. What the hell are you saying now.” -Joohyun exclaimed.

Bobby took another file from his suitcase and presented it to Joohyun’s desk. “I also didn’t expect they’ll reject our proposal but I have another plan.” -Bobby suggested once again.

Joohyun took the file and opened it after a deep breath to ease her pissed mind. It was a meeting invitation from the V group and it was also mentioned that they want her to be one of their acting CEO. 

“What is this all about?” -Joohyun asked.

“I believe it will be easier for us to make a partnership with the VIXX trading co.” -Bobby confidently said. 

“I’ll think about it.” -Joohyun said and she handed the files back to Bobby.

Joohyun has difficulty deciding wether to accept The V group’s offer in order to get closer to Taehyung or reject in order to prevent Taehyung getting involve with her plan. She messed up her hair and bangs her head to the steering wheel of her car. 


Once again she went back to her former community hoping she could glance with Taehyung from a far distance. She roamed around the streets and nothing has changed. Familiar landmarks are still standing beside their streets specially the barbecue house where she and her friends stayed to drink. The smell of grilling meat attracted her and her feet just lead her inside. 

“Good day please have a sit.” -The ahjumma who just finished packing away customer’s left overs.

Joohyun shakes her head. She has to remain Irene Cotillard even a single second and resist some temptation that could unleash the Joohyun inside her. She stepped back and she accidentally bumped her head to Taehyung behind her because of her small height.

“Omo.. Miane. Kwenchana? Are you okay?” -Joohyun apologized to her man.

Taehyung stepped back as soon as he realized a female is near him he still follows Joohyun’s rules despite he lost her years ago. 

“Aigoo.. I thought she didn’t understand me when I greet here.” -The ahjumma said as she went to the kitchen.

The pain started to fade and Taehyung was able to raise his head. He was supposed to lecture the lady who accidentally bumped him but realizing it was the blonde girl from the other day made him a bit curious. Why is he always bumping into someone that resembles Joohyun? Taehyung somehow is aware that he’s still in denial of his girlfriend’s death. This isn’t the first time that he suspect a lady to be Joohyun countless of times but he narrowed his eyes and stared at her and realized she really do looks like Joohyun. Her eyes, nose, lips and even her height.

Taehyung stares starts to make Joohyun dominates her whole body. Irene Cotillard is starting to fade and she forgot to make a strong impression to him but Irene Cotillard still wins. She forcefully shoved him making him almost fell on his . 

“What are you trying to do?!” -Joohyun asked with a tension in her tone.

“Joohyun is that you?” -Taehyung asked.

As soon as he mentioned her real name she paused. She’s already crying inside and deep inside her want to reveal her true identity. “What?” -Joohyun asked back.

“Here’s a 1kg beef for your girlfriend.” -The ahjumma went out and handed the bag of beef to taehyung. He usually comes at the barbecue house for beef and telling the ahjumma that it’s for his girlfriend.

and that’s when he felt like he is cheating to his late girlfriend. So he bowed at the Ahjumma after he paid her and ignored Joohyun as if he didn’t interact with him at all. But Joohyun’s eyes still follows him as he walks away from her. She frowned and cried how could the man who promised her to love only her has  girlfriend right now. She even didn’t date anyone for the past 5 years and she just can’t take it, the feeling is so heartbreaking for her.

“Kwenchana?” -The ahjumma asked.

But Joohyun ignored her and rushed back to her vehicle to go back to her home. 

“What was that? Didn’t she understand me? I just heard her speaking korean earlier.” -The ahjumma told herself.

Joohyun reached her home crying and ignoring Solar as she passed by her slamming the doors of her room and burried herself into her bed. She cried really hard that she almost got herself dehydrated. Joohyun grabbed her long pillow smacking and kicking it so hard imagining its her boyfriend who she thought cheated on her.

“Irene is everything alright?” -Solar knocked on her doors.

But she won’t answer and she gazed at the pillow gripping it so hard. Her frustration, anger and temper just bond and she just explodes, she felt betrayed and cheated. How could she feel so soft hearted after seeing his man alive and there he is enjoying his life with a lover.

 “I’m gonna crush you down Kim Taehyung.. You and The V group! One day you’ll kneel to me and beg for my help.” -Joohyun said and she starts smirking with her evil laugh.

On the other hand Taehyung arrived at his home and the framed picture of his girlfriend welcomed him once again but this time he felt different. It seems like a fire surrounds her girlfriend’s picture as if there’s something wrong and that’s when he recalled he had a close interaction with a female at the barbecue house.

“Why do I feel like I’m no longer welcome in our home?” -Taehyung asked her late girlfiend.

he was supposed to explain himself as if he’s talking to a real person but someone interrupted him by pressing the doorbell of his home and it’s Seulgi and Jimin. It’s Joohyun and her family’s death anniversary and the couple wanted to celebrate with him.

“aigoo.. My friend’s picture is still here. Jinja yeppuda!” -Seulgi said as she stared at Joohyun’s framed picture.

Jimin smiled at his girlfriend after giving his friend a hug. He helped Seulgi to unpack some foods they bought and Taehyung volunteered to grill the beef for his visitors who are willing to join him to celebrate his late girlfriend’s deatj anniversary.

The lunch with his friends was really quiet when one of them would ask questions, Taehyung would normally limits his answers. He’s still not good having appropriate interaction and he’s not really motivated to initiate a conversation.

The awkward silence was really awkward for Jimin and Seulgi but not for Taehyung. He already get used into a silent and quiet environment and he would feel comfortable and relaxed with quiet surroundings since sudden and loud noise could trigger his panic attack.

“I guess it wasn’t a good idea to join him celebrating Joohyun’s death anniversary. I mean I didn’t feel welcome at all earlier.” -Seulgi honestly said as she feels sorry for Taehyung.

“It seems like he got used to living alone all by himself.” -Jimin said as he drives his girlfriend to work.

“I wish we could help him to recover. Taehyung isn’t Taehyung anymore.” -Seulgi said.

and Jimin was able to dropped her girlfriend to the nearest bus stop to her work and he pulled her girlfriend for a deep kiss before he could send her off and gave her a smack on her .

“You shouldn’t do that. I’ll take my revenge later tonight. I love you and see you tonight.” -Seulgi with a seductive wink.

Seulgi arrived at her office and found the boquet of flowers that Jong In gave him the other day however it’s already stale. Without having any idea that the flowers were given the other day she threw it in the trashcan thinking someone might be pulling fun at her for giving her a stale boquet of flowers.

She checked her schedule and realized she is scheduled to attend once again another meeting with the V group’s CEOs tonight at the same hotel. She changed into her uniform and checked the pool area. There are employees who already set up the table and she wants to make sute that everything will be perfect. She even gestured one of her employees to completely button her uniform and she obeyed.

“Manager Kang.” -Jong In greeted her.

“Oh annyeonghasaeyo Manager Kim.” -Seulgi greeted him.

Its so obvious that Seulgi looks so cheerful and that’s very unusual to see. She usually tends to look strict and authoritative towards her employees and now it’s different. She’s just excited to meet the person that looks like her friend but Jong In thought that it’s the acting CEOs meetimg and she’ll finally get to see Jimin once again.

“Hmm it seems like you’re cheerful today. Is there someone you’re expecting?” -Jong In asked.

“Ne..” -Seulgi joyfully replies.

The dinner has been set and the all of the acting CEOs just arrived. Minjae made sure that the dinner will make Joohyun very pleased. He even rent a pianist, the foods that mostly presented were western food and he made sure the ambiance within the pool area will be comfortable for her.

Joohyun arrived just right on time. The CEOs welcome her as they stand up from their sit and bowed at her. Johnny recognized her as the woman who saved his child so he’s one of those eager CEOs to have her as part of them. While Seulgi’s expression changed her eyebrows frowned and the edge of her lips started to curved down it really feels like she’s her friend. She can tell but she doesn’t have enough evidence to prove her speculations.

Joohyun’s presence just made a significant impact for the employees that’s the first time a guest make them feel so intimidated as if they’re automatically shrinks with her presence. 

“Good evening Madam Cotillard. I’m glad you were able to attend our dinner meeting.” -Hyunsik said “Please have a sit.”

Joohyun just realized that Seulgi was around after she noticed her from the cornerns of her eyes. She could tell from her expression that she is about to cry by just staring at her. She really do feel bad for her friend but she has to remain the person differently from who they know she is.

“I can see your employees aren’t well trained here.” -Joohyun said as she noticed a waiter with his forearm not angled in the way she wanted it to be. This is the only way she knows in order to make Seulgi quit her speculations. “I want a perfect 90 degress forearm when serving you pour my drink. I am sorry.. I am not impressed.”

Johnny didn’t expect that she could pull out an detective like skills. Also it feels like she’s arrogant and strict person. “We apologize with that.” -Johnny said after he cleared his throat.

“Also coughing seems unacceptable for a formal dinner like this.” -She added. “I just want to remind you that I wasn’t raised in Korea not everything that could be applicable for you is applicable for me.” -Joohyun strictly said as if she’s lecturing stupid students in front of her.

Later on the business talk goes together with the meal. Joohyun was informed every single detail about the V group even the hidden identity of the brain of the V group and that made her giggled.

“So if I accept your offer I’ll be a dummy like you guys?” -Joohyun said as she intentionally wanted to sound very insulting.

“We’re not actually dummies Madam Cotillard most of us failed to earn a bachelor degree and Chairman Kim trained us personally. Uhmm.. And he usually hands the company to us as if they are ours. He also gives us the freedom to decide and run the company on our own.” -Sungjae clarified.

“So who’s the brain of the V group among of you?” -Joonyun said sounding like she doesn’t know.

“We’ll make him meet you soon. Our real purpose is to hide his real identity to the public.” -hyunsik said.

“I want to meet him now.” -Joohyun commanded. “If you really badly want me in this business he has to be here now welcoming his new ActingCEO.” 

“I’m afraid he won’t be able to make it tonight. He’s actually celebrating an important event right now.” -Hyunsik said pertaining to Joohyun’s death anniversary.

Joohyun was pissed that even his acting CEOs knows his whereabouts for tonight. She knew he’s up to something with his girlfriend and that just makes Joohyun annoyed. “I’m also afraid I’ll not be able to accept your offer.” -Joohyun said as she took the napkin to wipe the corner of indirectly telling everyone that she’s about to leave.

“Chamkaman Madame Cotillard. Just give me 10 minutes. I’ll contact him personally.” -Hyunsik said as he excused himself grabbing the phone from his coat.