2. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

“I’m going to be in a group?” To be honest I was kind of disappointed. I’d been in the company for a few years yet I wasn’t going solo.

“I believe you know of them, Xing.” The CEO told me with a contempt expression, “You will be joining them along with one of our other trainees.”

“It better not be the guy with the lisp,” that wasn’t meant to be rude but he sounded funny when he sang or even rapped.

“We decided to debut him as an actor. He will be going to acting school for the time being,” he added to help ease my anxieties.

“But still,” I felt like a spoilt kid, “how come I’m going into a group?”

“Statistics show that male rappers in general do better when they are in a group than if they go solo or in a duo. The easiest market to target is the young school girls who like flower boys,” I wasn’t going to agree with him on that. The last thing I am is one of those girly guys!

“Besides you may enjoy it,” he wasn’t going to give up, “make some new friends. Get better publicity. You’ll be meeting them tomorrow is that going to be alright?” I didn’t have much of a choice.

“Fine,” I made myself nod reluctantly.

“Good, we will see you here at eight thirty am.”

“Alright,” after being a trainee here I was use to the early morning starts. I need a coke right now. I got back to my dorm at around three am. Parts of my body ached from dance practice and my throat was in desperate need of a cold drink. Spending several hours recording in a small make-shift studio to practice the correct phrasing of stanzas and also the tongue twisters it sure puts a toll on ones vocal chords.

As expected the other trainees weren’t about. They were going to be in a ballad group soon once my final arrangements were made. Wait a minute, since when did I even want to be in a boy band?

Aish he didn’t even ask me that. Typical CEO, you were only treated nicely if you were good looking or family.

As I was brushing my teeth the door to the dorms opened. Four guys walked in, all yawning or red eyed. I smelled Soju on the eldest’s breath.

“Aish shove over,” I was pushed away from the bathroom as one of them had to wrench in the toilet. Very classy, girls would love that.

“What are you doing still up?” I jumped as our hyung barked.

“Night,” I muttered with a twenty something degree bow. I found my mattress and lay down on top of the blankets. I turned the light off to only have it back on as the other four rummaged around. My only solution was a pillow over my face; I don’t recommend this lifestyle to anyone!

***

I woke up four hours later to get ready for the meeting. I chose to wear a shirt with a musician’s picture on it. It was grey with 2Pac on it, Rest in Peace brother.  Along with it was some dark stone washed jeans, black sneakers and a beanie. I had some toast before going to the front of the apartments where a car pulled up.

“You must be Yong Junhyung” the man said as he got out of the car, “I’m Xing’s manager Park YoungGyu. Call me hyung.”

“N-nice to meet you,” I replied shaking his hand hesitantly.

“The boys are waiting for you,” he grinned through his thick rimmed glasses, “they’ve heard so much about you.”

“Like what?” I smirked as we got into the car.

“Well for one thing, you’re one of the most talented trainees we’ve ever had.”

“Go on,” I was enjoying the attention.

“And that you’ve already self composed some raps here and there,” I nodded to this.

“Did you get them from my sunbae?”

“Not important,” that ended that conversation. The rest of the drive was almost in silence except for him asking me questions about the kind of music I would like to do, what artists I listen to and whether or not I had any bad habits. He must have been assessing how to groom me for the group.

“Ah we’re here,” we went into the underground car park and got out. I could feel the nerves creeping up on me.

“Relax,” he said as we went into the lobby of the building. He spoke with the secretary and then we were shown into a meeting room.

“Ready?” He asked me before giving a firm knock on the door.

“Is that you hyung?” Someone called as the door began to open.

“Yes, there’s someone here who you all should meet. His name is Yong Junhyung.”

Yeah you all wanted more right? Well this should keep you interested until I upload the next chapter with him LOL.