26. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

Last week of September 2009

We all dropped to the floor around the practice room as the music stopped. Since we’d been formed into a boy band we’d done almost nothing but practice the whole entire time. Thanks to my experience in Xing this wasn’t new to me. My body had forgotten how tired I could become though afterwards.

“Well done guys you all deserve a break, three minutes.” This was good news to those of us who wanted to muck around for a bit. Mainly Kikwang and Yoseob who decided to spend the next three minutes in an aeygo battle.

“Please stop you’re going to make me sick,” Hyunseung told them smirking at Yoseob.

“Why not join us?” Yoseob counteracted. Kikwang was running out of ideas. “Hey you already did that one.”

“Hey what about this one,” I tried not to laugh as Doojoon joined them. The action came off a little cringe worthy.

“Alright breaks over,” the choreographer returned with his bottle of water. We all got up to our feet. Let the games begin.

***

October 2009

Before we could debut we had to have a debut show case as well as film our documentary. Though some of us liked the camera, Kikwang in particular we longed for the stage where we could show off our talents and prove to JYP, Xing and YG that they had missed out by having us leave.

I was reminded of some of the members from Xing as we sat in the chairs at the Gongchae hall for a brief discussion. Kevin and Marumir had gone into a group called U-Kiss. They’d debuted a year before us and personally I hoped that the two would do alright, the company was not as well established as Cube had managed to become.

U-Kiss had other members that some of the group recognised. One of the vocalists was born in the same year as Doojoon as well as faces of other people that they knew. These guys were in 2am and 2pm.

After this we had our debut. The nerves were running high as we waited downstairs before going on stage. We’d been a part of the team that had worked with Kikwang when he was a soloist so we knew the size, the sound our feet made when they hit against the surface and the height but it was the first time that we would be in the spot light. Not coming on and off stage but staying on together, like an army going to fight.

“Alright guys, it’s time.” We all were given pats on the back by Jookun and Yongbok. In the short span of time from when we were first formed until now we’d gotten close with our managers. When we behaved we were rewarded with encouragement and sometimes junk food. If we hadn’t been on the other hand, then we were given suitable discipline. I was the only one who seemed to be hit the most but maybe it was due to my tongue saying the wrong thing at times.

“Ok put your hand here,” we all placed our hands in the middle and counted down.

“Three, two, one, fighting,” with that it was time. Every step felt heavier than the first. Our hearts pounded so loud we were sure that everyone else could hear. Kikwang who had the most confidence seemed to shrink as the stage came into view. There was no turning back; this was the start of our future together.

“We can do it,” Doojoon was nervous as well. We didn’t say anything else as we finally took our positions. Fans cheered when they recognised us, from the video.

***

The emotions were flooding through us as we came off that stage. We all jumped around, hugged like there was no tomorrow. We’d finally done it. We’d passed the hurdle.

“Nice work,” our managers congratulated us when we met up with them afterwards; “how did it feel?”

“Amazing,” Yoseob couldn’t speak. He just breathed in and out steady like a puffer fish. Dongwoon was shaking slightly so Doojoon patted him on the back, reassuring him that he did fine.

“Yay we did it,” Kikwang suddenly bombarded me with a hug.

“Yes we did,” I patted him on the back in return before he let go to hug Hyunseung who tried to run off.

“I have a feeling that you boys are going to do really well for yourselves.” Jookun assured me as we were driving home back to the dorms.

“Can we get an upgrade on our living space then?” Our dorms really were no joke.

“We’ll see,” Jookun laughed and I hoped that he would agree.

****************************************************************************

Didn’t have a lot of gusto to write a long chapter; hope that’s ok. Next chapter with JH will probably have information about the dorms