8. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

February 2008

“So Junhyung,” the man said over the phone to me as I sat in the café alone. I had sunglasses on and a beanie so I couldn’t be recognized. “The final arrangements have been made in order for you to join us. Your company will receive the final paperwork.”

“Thank you,” I replied.

“You may move into the dorms Saturday.” He added, “And once again like before I want to say Cube Entertainment welcomes you.” I’d actually done it; I’d managed to get into Cube Entertainment

I stopped outside the Cube headquarters with a heavy heart. There’s nothing more intimidating than standing outside a large building that you’ve never been inside before. I saw people stopping to look at me, like they maybe knew who I was. I realized that at least inside I would be protected from such things momentarily so I took a deep breath and stepped inside.

At the lobby the receptionists were busy talking away on the phone. “Umm excuse me,” I said to the nearest one as she just hung up the call.

“Can I help you?” She sighed pushing hair behind her ears. She seemed stressed.

“Umm, I’m here to speak to…” I fumbled through my pockets to find the letter with the name of the company’s owner.

“Look, if you’re here to waste my time—“

“—I am not going to.” I stammered; alarmed by her haste.

“Yong Junhyung?” I stopped; a man in a suit was walking down the hall to us.

“You’re the new trainee aren’t you from Xing?” I nodded, having no idea who this man was. “I’m the secretary of Hong Seung-Sung can I ask you to come with me?” The receptionist departed to go back to her chair, relieved at not having to deal with me. Without looking back I followed him to the lifts where we caught one to the top floor. We went down the hall and turned at the right. The words ‘Company Owner’ were printed on the door with his name underneath.

“So he doesn’t have his own office block?”

“No he prefers to be close with his employees and trainees to watch their progress,” the secretary told me before knocking on the wood.

“Sir, Yong Junhyung has arrived.”

“Send him in,” he opened the door and let me in. I was greeted by a middle aged man with a round face and frames for his glasses. I bowed to him as far as my body would let me.

“I’m Yong Seung-sung,” he said, “please take a seat.” I sat down in the chair opposite him.

“This is a good move for us,” he began giving a smile, “I’ve watched some of Xing’s old clips. You have quite a lot of potential.”

“T-thank you sir,” I bowed again in my seat.

“Now, the question is,” he went through a folder which had the word, ‘Trainee’ written on it. “What do we do with you?”

“Well, I like to sing.”

“That’s good, because we don’t have any positions for bidding actors as of yet.” He took out some stapled papers and passed them to me, “these are the rules which are to be followed while at the company.” I skimmed through them. No drinking or smoking in the dorms? No girls in the dorms? Was I allowed at least? “Now we received the paperwork back from your old company,” he continued. “Because you are a trainee you are not required to sign anything until you start performing under our label.”

“When is that sir?” I hoped that I didn’t sound impatient.

“That will be when we find something suitable for you,” a thought crossed his mind, “have you ever thought about rapping?” Rapping?

“I… I haven’t really done much of that before,” I admitted. The only raps I had performed were ones written by songwriters. My own personal stuff was yet to be discovered.

“In that case your training will begin tomorrow.” Hong Seung-sung reached for the phone on his desk, “we are in need of some good rappers.” He handed me something which looked to be a schedule, “make sure you get plenty of rest and arrive at the choreography room five minutes early. That is all,” while he dialed a number I made my leave.

***

A schedule wasn’t something that scared me. When you’ve been in the music industry for a few years after training the late nights, the early mornings, the fast meals almost seem pleasant. But it makes the holidays worth it more as well as the money when you make it big.

A taxi took me to the dorms which were a twenty minute drive away from the building. I was given the number of the apartment and a key card to enter. I dragged my suitcase through the door, to the lift and then rode it to the fifth floor. I checked the number again before knocking on the door. I heard chatter as someone came to open the door. I blinked as I saw the guy open the door, man was he short.

“Hi,” he opened it fully, “can I help you?”

“I think I’m meant to be moving in here.”

“What’s your name?” Man he was such a pretty boy, big lips, shaped jaw line. I bet he had the full works under his black t-shirt. Hell why am I even thinking this over?

“Yong Junhyung,” I said before realizing I hadn’t bowed.

“Call me AJ but my real name is Lee Kikwang,” the guy replied before giving me his hand to shake, “you’ve heard of me right?”

“Have you heard of me?” I smirked back. He grinned.

“Yes, sunbae,” he bowed to me, “I think I know who you are.” He then stepped to the side, “it’s not very clean but it should be fine. The other two aren’t about.”

“How many people are here?” I asked him as I took the suitcase to the living area.

“Just the two of us,” Kikwang said, “JooSung is out though. Again,” he rolled his eyes, “just between you and me.” He lowered his voice to a whisper, “he’s a troublemaker.” I gave a nod.

“As long as you don’t screw around with him then you’ll be fine,” he added as he went to the kitchen, “hungry? I made ramen before but it’s a bit watery.”

“Better than nothing,” I shrugged going in and standing by the fridge. This was going to be the start of a beautiful friendship.

*************************************************************************************************

Ah and now we have Kikwang. I wasn’t sure who out of the Beast members would be in Cube first (Wikipedia leaves out these details) so once again this chapter is attempting to fill in gaps. This is one of the two double updates I’m doing today in celebration of gaining 2 new subscribers for this fanfic. Thank you for reading guys J