53. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

(Soundtrack)


Wow what happened?

Magic that’s for sure

I had a grin ear to ear as I drove home from our date. I couldn’t help but wonder how the boys would react when I told them the news. I know Dongwoon and Kikwang would be happy, Doojoon on the other hand… He may not be as pleased or may not show it straight away.

That’s the hardest part for him. Being a leader must sometimes.

I got into our dorms glancing around for any sign of my group members. I went into the living area. A light went on; all five were sitting with their arms folded. It looked too funny, maybe it was because they were in their pajamas instead of normal clothes.

“Hey hyung how was it?” Dongwoon asked, releasing the pose. He seemed a bit embarrassed by it.
“Why are we doing it anyway?” Hyunseung agreed as the others followed.

“I think hyung wanted us to look intimidating,” Kikwang said. Doojoon raised his eyebrows. Obviously he didn’t want to be seen as the mastermind of failed intimidating stances.

Yoseob stood up and then poked me in the side. “Hey aren’t you going to answer him? He asked how your thing was?”

“Oh you mean my date?”

“WHAT?!”


“Yeah, that’s what I did I went on a date.” The others froze. Soon however they all looked to Doojoon, Dongwoon appeared composed since he already knew.

Our leader swallowed some air before standing up and facing me. “So when were you going to say something Junhyung?”

“When I got back,” I shrugged. “Hell I’m not ashamed of this. I really like her. I really like Goo—“

“—Wait Goo Hara?!”

“Yes it’s her.”

“WHAT?!” I bet they liked doing that on purpose. Doojoon then put a finger to his lips. “Junhyung, can we talk in private?” I nodded, amused to a degree at how the others were reacting to this all.

“Sure,” he placed an arm around me and we went into the room where he and Dongwoon slept in. He made me sit down on the bed next to him but with space between us.

“I’m happy for you Junhyung.” He began, “however you do realise that the company will try and keep this hidden.”

“Are they afraid of what will happen?”

“Aren’t you concerned about that?” He had a point. I thought for a bit, leaning back slightly with my hands pressing down to keep me balanced. To my surprise I nodded to him.
“I guess, I mean we’ve liked each other for a bit so it’s at the early stages.”

“Do you intend to be with her for a long time?” At first I didn’t understand, but then a moment later I did.

“Yeah hyung, at least until it dies out.”

“You’re sure about that?”

“Of course I am.” He was quiet for a bit. I guess he was thinking over what I had just mentioned. His arm went around my shoulders.

“Ok, I trust you Junhyung. I don’t think you’ll do anything stupid to mess things up. But be careful, there are a lot of fans out there who love you and will be crushed if they knew too soon.”

“Of course,” I agreed with him. We got up and went back out into the living room with the others.

***

May 8

Hara and I kept in contact as much as possible but with our comeback on the horizon I found myself in the studio, locked away with just my thoughts and the music.

I wondered if I should write a song for her but at the same time I knew it could be too early. We were still getting to know each other and I didn’t want to risk losing her. Not yet anyway.

For now I wanted to see how far this could go. No rushing just getting to know each other and then the passion and the rest could come.

The rest of the members kept an eye on me. They checked some of the things I tweeted before I posted them and they also made sure I was careful about what I told people about my relationship status. Of course most idols lie but if they aren’t then chances are they would end up dating soon.

For now we were working on all the songs and recordings as much as we could until Cube made the announcement three days later.

“Hey any word from her?” Hyunseung asked as we were sitting in the car off to our next schedule for the day.

“She’s busy,” I said. “So I’m going to call her tonight.”

“Ok that’s good.” Now I had to remember to call her.

Unfortunately our schedule ended after midnight so I found myself reluctant to call her in case she was asleep. So I sent her text instead:

Hey Honey, hope your day went well.

I didn’t expect my phone to ring the next minute.
“Oppa, you still busy recording?” She asked.

“Yeah, want me to write a song for you?” I heard her giggle over the line.

“Not now oppa, it’s not been a month since we started dating.”

“I suppose, but I’ll need you for inspiration when it comes to some of the songs.”

“He he ok then. I’d better let my handsome boyfriend get some sleep.”

“Aww,” I wanted to talk with her some more. “Ok then I guess I will speak to you soon?”

“Sure, oh and oppa when are you free next?”

Oh shoot.

“Not sure Honey,” I think she liked me using her nickname. “We start promotions soon after the album’s released so I’ll be in touch.”

“Ok, oppa fighting! Beast fighting,” she cheered for me before I heard her getting shushed.
“Thank you, good night Honey.”

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I know you guys probably want more so I will try to skip through time to make sure that we get the mushy moments. I don’t know when to have their first kiss so… LOL it should be written about soon. Hope you like the new addition to the soundtrack as well.