37. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

“So Hara what do you like in a guy?” This comment itself almost caused me to spit out the mouthful of water I’d just filled. Swallowing I stared at Jonghun, he looked rather drunk. How long had we been here?

“Umm,” I didn’t want to answer. I was done with dating to be honest. Guys just didn’t seem worth the bother at the moment.

“Yah do you like her or something?” Heechul elbowed Jonghun in the side and then he started to sing an old ballad with Hongki. They were out of tune and beat.

“Hey I’m just curious,” he argued back before belching. I covered my mouth so I wouldn’t smell his breath.

“She’s here,” Simon D stood up as his girlfriend walked in. She was a rather gorgeous woman, slim figure, a round face with a large smile. The rest of the group cheered as Simon D initiated a rather deep kiss with her which she happily returned. I had to turn away, it made me uncomfortable.

“Hey everyone,” she said this in English as well as Korean. They all hi-fived her while Heechul pretended to try and kiss her causing Simon D and him to fake a fight.

“Hey have you met Hara-yah noona?” Hongki asked before Heechul pretended the punch Simon had aimed at the air next to his head actually hit him. Lady Jane shook her head as she sat next to me and Simon.

“No,” she pushed her hair away like women do in movies before extending a hand to me. I bowed. “Jeon Ji Hye.”

“Goo Hara,” I said in return.

“Do you need the bathroom I need to re-apply my lipstick,” she glared at her boyfriend who puckered his lips and made the kiss noise. I felt that in her company I would be a lot safer from any more hassling about guys.

 

***

However this proved to be wrong. As we entered the rather simply furbished wash facilities I was given a question more straight forward than expected.
“So do you like any of them?” She was looking in the mirror, the texture of her lips could be seen from the lighting and the close up. Alarmed and feeling shy I just shook my head.

“Good because I wouldn’t. They’re both fickle, the FT boys are. Hongki isn’t so much, but Jonghun is.”

“Why are you telling me this?” She stopped what she was doing to give me an expression that said ‘are you seriously asking that?’

“You seem like a nice enough girl. I’m not one to judge girl groups since I was never in one. But I do know that guys can be so take caution when approaching any of them especially Heechul. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“Sure,” I said flat; so much for us getting along. I had a feeling she was going to watch me like a hawk for the rest of the night. Especially since her boyfriend was in the premises.

“Oh don’t worry about oppa,” I assumed she meant Simon D. “He can be a bit pompous when he’s drunk but that’s usually what he’s like in real life too. I would like to say he’s just over confident.”

“Like you said I’m not one to judge,” she found this amusing from the half smile she gave me. We went back to the other room where they’d started singing old trot hits.

I ended up getting picked up by JiHyung half an hour later. He was not impressed.

“Aish couldn’t you have called her?” He sighed. “She called me crying when she said you had going missing.”

“Sorry oppa,” I hung my head. “I wasn’t thinking.”

“Yes you aren’t good at that are you?” He meant to say it light heartedly but I felt the blow hit me hard.  

***

November 22 2010

After that shocking night we had to get back into it the next day. We had our debut album in Japanese to release on the twenty fourth as well as performances on the music shows.

“Well the songs are doing well on the charts,” JiHyung tried to cheer us up considering how tired we were. In a days’ time we would be on a plane to Japan to do promotions and recordings for the debut album. We weren’t sure when we would get another break.

“That’s good,” Gyuri did her best to be positive. It was her way to give us strength.

“Oppa,” Seungyeon’s voice suggested a question would be asked, “when are we going to get a break?”

“Yeah,” Nicole and Jiyoung were both in unison. I just shyly nodded and then sipped my tea.

“Girls I’ve tried to talk to her but she hasn’t decided yet. I had a peek at your schedule and it indicates that you’re going to be busy up until the Lunar New Year.”

“What?!” Now some of us were mad. “That’s too far away!” JiHyung did his best to comfort the girls but they chose to fight back. I knew why and I didn’t blame them. If I had more confidence, maybe then I could say that I agreed. For now I would just watch until they moved and go with the flow.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

I think I’m going to have to edit or re-write this, I feel like I’ve missed something important. Bear with me because I will have to go back down to only one update a week. I thought I was on a roll/ has been kidding herself all this time.

Anyway since I reached 40 subscribers I’d better go ahead and give you the challenge. The deadline is chapter 40 so in 41 the winner will be revealed.

The prize is 20 karma points and your name will appear in this fanfic (don’t ask how I will find a way)

So all you need to do is like last time just answer a question in a PM or comment on my wall. Don’t spoil it for the readers who aren’t up to date by commenting here. Now here’s the question: Junhyung and Hyuna have one thing in common. What is it? Hint is simply; it isn’t as simple as you think. All the best and good luck ^^