22. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

I woke the next morning with the desire to throw up all my insides. My head ached and my throat was parched. I sat up to only roll out of the bed, banging my knees on the floor. I groaned as a result of this; so much for a good morning.

What had happened yesterday? Do I remember? Will I even remember? Normally I could hold my alcohol but I don’t know what changed.

“Hyung,” My leg lifted up and dropped as someone gently nudged it. “What happened to you?”

“Ugh what didn’t?” I moaned as I sat up, my throat beginning to gag. Within a moment I was up on my feet and ran to the bathroom where I threw up. Pathetically I just knelt by the bowl, breathing in short pauses while my nose and eyes started to run.

“Dude he really isn’t well,” I heard him say to someone. I pressed the flush, staggering to stand as I wiped my mouth with the back of a hand.

“You’re awake,” the last people I wanted to see; the three musketeers. “Did you learn your lesson from last night?”
 

“Yeah because your snoring managed to keep me…”
 

“Stop Kikwang,” Doojoon stopped him there. He eyed me with caution. “You smell and look horrible; a shower wouldn’t be a bad idea.” I didn’t need him to say it twice. I grabbed some clothes went to the bathroom and stopped to peer at the time. It was nearly midday. I really had over slept.

***

The steaming hot water woke me up the moment it pricked my sweaty groggy body. I had to lean against the shower wall just to keep standing. I felt so tired, drained from energy and enthusiasm. Today was part two of the never ending nightmare.

When I came out everyone had disappeared. They were all training or rehearsing of some magnitude. I lay on the bed, bad move for I began to drift off again.

“Hey Junhyung,” my eyelids fluttered open. Hyunseung was almost leaning over me, he reminded me of an elf from his facial structure to his ears. And I don’t mean Super Junior’s elf. “They want to see you in the board room.” I raised my eyebrows in question.
“Why, would they?” I grumbled as I sat up and stretched. Hyunseung shrugged.

“Don’t know why,” he was no help. “Just go and see.” I had to oblige, maybe they were going to get rid of me straight away and save me a few degrees of humiliation. Maybe I was going to leave today or tomorrow.

I gave a stiff bow to the three corporate members of the company which I was facing and then sat in a chair in a semi circle. I may as well have been in court.
“You know why you are here?”

“No sir,” Regardless of my attitude before I would regret it if I left without more respect to them.

“Well, at first we were going to announce the line up for the boy group today but due to a last minute circumstance we’ve decided to postpone it.”

“Why did you do that?”

“Consider this your second and last chance.” The president said with a funny half smile. “Well done, you’re going to end up in the boy band.”

“I am,” there was only one action suitable for this moment. I stood and bowed as far as I could. “Thank you,” they nodded simply to show that I was welcome and then I left. I had to give a cheer when I’d closed the door to hide my childish side.

***

“Wow congratulations.” the other trainees patted me on the back as they all congratulated my effort. “How did you do it?” My face dropped. I couldn’t answer.

“I have no idea…”

“Hey Junhyung,” I saw Hyunseung in the corner of my eye. “Come take a look at this.” Curious enough I followed him to a room where some of the staff were working, mainly marketing and the legal department.

“Excuse me sir,” Hyunseung spoke to the marketing director, “but can I show him the, you know.” Something across the director’s face lit up the moment he saw me.

“Come this way,” we were taken to his computer which he’d already logged on to. Something in the corner of the screen caught my eye. It looked like a folder which if I wasn’t mistaken had my name as the label.

“What’s this?”

“This was found on all of the desktops.” Hyunseung explained while double clicking. “Here take a look.” Inside were all these multimedia files dated and given different names. He clicked on one; I almost had a heart attack.

“Holy crap that’s me,” I was doing popping and locking movements. He opened another one which had me singing, I cringed at how bad my hair looked at that time.

“Uh huh,” Hyunseung nodded opening up one where I was making up a rap and being silly back stage of one of AJ’s performances. This had to be the nicest thing someone had ever done for me. “Who’s responsible for this?” I asked wondering who would have thought of such a thing.

“I think you’ll find the answer here,” he opened up a video which was labelled DooKiSeob. The three guys had crowded around a small camera, Yoseob yawned into it.

“To the president of Cube, our respected hyungs, sunbaes and members of staff,” Doojoon started before Kikwang took over.

“We made this folder to show case the talents of fellow trainee Yong Junhyung. While he may be a jerk at first glance…” Doojoon cleared his throat to cut him off. Kikwang bowed mouthing a ‘sorry’ at the camera. Yoseob had to take the lead.
“In actual fact he’s a really clever, skilled hyung in every area of performing. We want him to stay please.”

“Yes please, you’ll regret letting him go.” Doojoon added onto what Yoseob said.

“So give him another chance,” Kikwang made an eye smile and then some cute gestures. Both Hyunseung and I looked at each other in response.

“Well, thank you for watching…” I couldn’t bear it anymore. I pressed the stop button and turned away from the screen.

“Hey, why did you do that they were being nice to you.”

“That’s the problem,” the tone in my voice betrayed me. “They should have stayed out of it in the first place.” I closed my eyes as I made a small patch of the floor wet with my salt water. “I… I was so mean to them and…”

“Junhyung,” Hyunseung sounded shocked but I couldn’t tell. Determining an expression from the voice alone isn’t accurate; “a-are you crying?”

“By God I think I am.” I smiled while sniffing, wiping my eyes as more tears fell. “Is there something wrong with that?” I saw his shadow move as he put a hand on my back and patted me.

“No there isn’t. You really are a strange person Junhyung. But I think I may enjoy working with you as a group member.” I turned my head to him. “Y-you’re going to be a member too?” He nodded.

“Yeah isn’t that great?”

“Of course,” I badly needed a tissue. “W-what about the other three are they going to be in it too?”

“Yes all three and Dongwoon though I don’t think you’ve met him.” I nodded wiping my eyes and then my nose. I took a tissue from a box on a vacant desk to clean my slimey hand.

“So… I guess I’d better talk to them.”
***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Alright I’ll try to not be too long with this A/N. I feel I’m becoming bias towards writing in Junhyung’s point of view because there’s conflict happening so early (if I plotted this on a chart regarding the flow it would not fit the stereotype of a typical plotline) but that’s only from what I’ve written so far. Feel free to ask me any questions and when I reach chapter 30 (yes there probably will be) I will do another Quiz and ask u another question. Drat this note is long again.