36. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

August 25 2010

“Wow he wants to perform with us?” Doojoon walked back into the main area with Jiyoung coming beside him.

“Yes, the company is in negotiations with his music label to see when a collaboration can be made.”

“Hold on who?!” I almost dropped my phone and wallet. I’d been in such a hurry to get to the hair salon. Doojoon’s eyes went up and down my outfit, jeans, a hoodie with a large logo at the back.

“Where are you off to?” I pointed to my head. He grabbed a chunk of my hair.

“Ow ok I’m off to the salon,” when it came to my hair I was quick to give in.

“Sit down; Jiyoung has some good news for us all.” I resignedly went to a chair, patting my hair with my imaginary tail between my legs. The rest of us gathered around. Dongwoon had been in the middle of drying his hair off, Yoseob had been listening to music, Hyunseung was doing whatever and Kikwang looked like he was about to cook a late night snack of ramen.

“What’s up hyung?” Yoseob said.

“Good news guys, do you remember that cover you guys did of Ice Box by Omarion?” How could we? We’d worked long and hard making sure we got the moves right. “Well he contacted us through the company.” There was the sound of a crash. Dongwoon was now on the floor.
“Sorry, I was leaning back.”

“And he would like to perform with you guys one day.”

“Wow,” the excited monkey routine began again, this time we had to be quiet because we had to go to bed soon. Our schedules were going to be jam packed before the big night of the Mnet 20’s Choice Awards.

“Now off to bed early tonight before I get Joonkun-ah,” this made us hurry. Joonkun was nice enough to us. But he was a different person when it came to sleep and him having plenty of rest.

“Hey hyung,” Yoseob sighed. “You’re still going to go at this time?” I nodded.

“Yes, it’s cheaper at this time.” He didn’t argue it further.

“Alright, be careful.” I kept that in mind as I went off.

***

“Hey aren’t you Junhyung?” The voice speaking to me, it was low, familiar. I saw it was someone from F.T Island.

“Ah Hongki-yah,” he was younger than me despite the band debuting before us.

“Hyung what’s up?” We both enjoyed drinking which is how our casual friendship came about.

“Not much what about you where are you off to?”

“Off to have a drink with Heechul hyung,” I glanced at the time. It seemed too early to be drinking.

“Ah aren’t you guys going to the awards tomorrow night?” Hongki shook his head.

“No so hyung is more than happy for us to drink ourselves silly.” Sounded like my kind of place. Unfortunately I would be busted if I got hung over tonight. “Did you want to join us for a bit?”

“No, I have to get my hair done for the awards, thanks away but another time.”

“Alright, Heechul will be in touch,” Hongki grinned before walking off whistling. That reminded me; I still needed to thank our hyung for following me on twitter.

***

August 26

The day for the Mnet 20’s Choice Awards for 2010 was upon us. The fans were going to see my new hair for the first time. I liked how it turned out; I was blessed to have a face that could pull off any style depending on my mood. The short and blonde gave me a fresh image, like that when I’d been with Xing. Hyuna was performing Change which meant I had to stay back later than the others to practice with her before going to get ready.

“Well done,” the director gave me a thumb up. I gave him a coy smile and then thanked the back up dancers for their hard work.

“You two look really good together,” the maknae was being troublesome again.

“Yah we aren’t together,” Hyuna retaliated before playfully hitting Sohyun. I just smirked before quickly disappearing into the backdrop. I was going to be late for the arrival on the red carpet.

“So are you and Hyuna-yah going out?” I started at Hyunseung.

“Why do you… WAIT WHAT?!”

“Hyung don’t yell,” Yoseob covered his ears. “You’re being too loud.”

“Nothing’s going on between us.”

“Then what about the shirt incident?” holy crap was no one going to forget?!

“DIDN’T YOU SEE SHE WAS ABOUT TO FALL?!”

“Hey calm down we’re here,” I had to close my mouth much to my displeasure. I wasn’t going to be able to prove my point at all. Even when we could talk about it no one would be interested.  The moment we stepped out onto the red carpet three things happened. The cameras blinded us, the noise deafened us and the support from the fans our B2ties overwhelmed us. This was going to be an unforgettable night.

We were escorted to our chairs which we were grateful to sit down in. The awards ceremony was going to begin soon.

***

The night began with a bang. It was a mix of music performances and touching moments as the winners for each award came up and got their trophy. We cheered for 2pm who were pleased with being given the Daum’s Hot Star Award. Our seniors 4minute won an award too. Hyunseung nudged me in the side thinking that I was staring at Hyuna and not the whole group.

SM artists weren’t there as expected, the childish feud between the two parties was still underway and neither was anyone from YG. Hyunseung’s face fell when he didn’t see Big Bang or even Se7en about.

“Now we’re going to announce the Winner of the Smoothie King Cool Star award.” We became still. Rumours had been travelling around saying that we were nominated. Now we were going to see what the result was.

“And it is… Beast, congratulations,” we were stunned but able to rise in time to hug each other, hug those who were close by that congratulated us before we made our way to the front and onto the stage.

“Congratulations,” the MC said to us before we took the microphone and spoke to the public. Doojoon stood before the microphone, having to bend slightly to reach. Our maknae and Kikwang stood on either side, I found myself next to Hyunseung.

“Wow I wonder what’s happening over there,” Hyunseung had directed my eyes to the left where some body guards were on stand by. I didn’t recognise them, they must have been foreigners.

“Were we expecting anyone?” Kikwang mouthed to us. I shook my head, the president hadn’t said anything, neither had Joonkun or Jiyoung.

“Omo,” we all suddenly jumped. Someone was making their way behind the stage to come up and join us. They had someone in a dark brown shirt, grasping a piece of paper at the tail.

“Omo is that…” Now we were officially tongue-tied and dead set speechless. The fans went wild as he came onto the stage. We all mumbled hello in English, our diction needed work but we hadn’t expected to speak it any time soon. We parted to the sides to give him space to speak into the microphone.

“It’s Omarion,” Yoseob looked like he would fall off the edge of the stage if he jumped about anymore than he already was. We just stood by, watching as the artist spoke into the microphone, the guy behind translated what he was saying.

I don’t think we could comprehend the atmosphere. Here was a star, from a different continent and country all together on stage with little us, complimenting our performances and thanking us for covering his song.

Our year was continuing to be made.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ah I nearly freaked out because I didn’t know the date for the show. I know I said Heechul would be in here but it looks like it will be the next one. At least Hongki appeared again XD