17. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

The next morning we were woken early and had to leave giving the most care to not wake the rest of the patients. We were still groggy as we got into the car and pulled out of the hospital grounds. “Sleep well?” JiHyung asked as we did our best to not fall asleep.

“Yeah,” I managed to speak for the other two who were dozing off.

“That’s good; your promotions for Honey will be starting shortly.” I’d almost forgotten about that; new choreography, costumes, the works.

***

February 9 2009

“I don’t want to practice anymore,” Jiyoung groaned as we all stood in the choreography room.

“Get up,” Gyuri snapped shoving her in the side so she tilted over. “We only have four days until we go on Music Bank. Plus the choreographer oppa is going to be mad.”

“Please, five minutes longer.”

“We already had five minutes, get up!”

“Come on,” I butted in. “Another minute won’t hurt us right?” Gyuri glanced at the other two for their opinions. “Fine,” she stormed off to the mirror to keep practicing her parts alone while lip synching in silence. I got up and started to stretch.

“You already stretched before.”

“A few more times wouldn’t hurt,” I pointed out before Nicole joined me. Eventually our choreographer instructor came back and we were to continue practicing. We did our best to make sure that everything was correct and we knew what we were doing.

****


February 10 2009

“Alright, so all the girls are dressed?” The director called out to the stylists as we revealed ourselves. For the music video we were to wear dresses the whole time with two other outfit changes. At the moment we were standing in front of what seemed to be a slice from honey comb. It consisted of many white rimmed hexagons with some sitting on top of each other while a few stuck out alone.

“Alright play the music,” we got into position and as soon as the music started we began dancing. Once we’d finished this part it was time for the other scenes. We changed again and were position around a chair to sit and gaze at the camera. There were other props being used in the song, telephones and a bed.

“Good work,” the director said to us when we’d finally finished about four hours later. “All of you have worked hard.”

“Thank you director,” we all bowed to him as our sign of gratitude.

***

March 2009

“Now it’s time to see who the winner is for this week,” we all stood together with our arms around each other. We had been nervous before when we’d heard the song had done well on music charts but even more so after learning who we were up against; Girls’ Generation.

Then it happened. The overall score was revealed. Our eyes must have been playing tricks on us because we swear we saw our number being bigger that Girls’ Generation. It was a small difference though.

“Kara, congratulations,” we were speechless. Quickly we all bowed to the other groups while still letting the reality sink in. We’d won, we’d come first! The host spoke to Gyuri who was barely able to speak. I’d never seen her so joyful. Her tears caused her to stumble through the thanks to and in the end Seungyeon had to finish but even she was crying. Jiyoung had her head down and dabbed her eyes too. Nicole and I managed not to tear up though it was difficult not to.

“Thank you,” we all said to our fans. They were a small group but they waved their pink balloons encouragingly to us. I started to dance along to music while Seungyeon started to sing, Gyuri just held the award near her face as she managed to sing her part.

“Congratulations,” our company was very thrilled with our result. Our fans even made us a fake cake which we took photographs with.

“Congratulations,” some of the other trainees told us. We bowed and thanked them.

“Well done.”

“Jungmin-ah,” Gyuri lit up when she saw her friend. He came over to us and hi-fived all five.

“You were awesome,” he added his smile was enough to melt hearts.

“Thank you,” Gyuri and Jungmin ended up talking while we received our dinner from JiHyung.

“Well done all five of you.” This was probably the only time I had ever seen him smile. “This is the start of great things.” We all nodded in agreement as we sat and ate our dinner, it was tastier tonight than it had been before.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Oh gosh a filler chapter .___.  At least there is something interesting to come up. I’m tempted to get you guys to answer another question for the chance to have your name mentioned in this fanfic. If I end up getting more support (don’t spam people, I’ll just wait and see) then the next chapter may have that. Thanks for reading