19. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

The success did not just stop at our first award. After that one win we also got the Mutizen on The Music Trend. This was going to be a good year for us. It was worth the hard yards now.

***

July 20 2009,

“Ok one, two three, four,” the choreographer counted us in as we started to dance the chorus.

Hey here mister
now look at me mister
wanted you so mister
what's your name mister
(la .. La)

“Alright go,” it was then the movement some of us were afraid of:

La .. La
la .. La
la .. La
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 boom it
la .. La
la .. La
la .. La

“H-hold it,” he stopped the music. “Seungyeon, which direction are you going in?”

“Um, this way,” she pointed with her hands. Her cute confused expression made us giggle.

“Wrong, it’s this way.” We all burst out laughing as the choreographer randomly, on the spot starting swinging his in the correct direction. The camera man filming was trying hard not to move as he shook the camera slightly.

“Alright, do it again.” We nodded and got back into it.

***

July 31 2009,

“So have you heard the news?” I looked at Nicole in confusion.

“No what?” We were the only ones in our dressing room as Seungyeon and Jiyoung had been dragged by Gyuri to go talk to some of the other groups.

“A new boy band will be debuting in October. You know AJ?” I nodded.

“Isn’t he that solo artist from Cube Entertainment?”

“Yeah the company he’s from,” Nicole began to daydream. “I wonder who else will be in the group.”

“Like the rappers he was with?” They’d done well I thought. I was not much of a rapper so of course they would have to be.

“Hmm maybe,” Nicole thought. “Brr these outfits aren’t very warm.” I looked down at what I was wearing. She was right; we had sleeveless tops with midriffs.

“I wonder if something’s going on between Gyuri-yah and Jungmin oppa.” I almost spat out my water.

“What makes you say that?”

“They’re awfully close,” Nicole commented. “Like you and Hyun Joong.”

“No don’t be mistaken,” I shook my head. “It isn’t anything like that between us two. He has Hwayobi remember?”

“Yeah but that’s scripted,” there was no getting around Nicole’s reasoning. I heaved a sigh. “If I was interested in someone then wouldn’t I already be with them?”

“I don’t know, would you?” I restrained myself from hitting my forehead.

“No Nicole-ah,” I sighed. “I don’t think I want to date just yet. Not when we’re doing so well, what would Gyuri Unnie think if I did?”

“What would I think of what?” It was perfect timing for them.

“What would you think of Hara dating?” I was too far away to stop her with a hand over .

“I wouldn’t care,” Gyuri shrugged. “Isn’t dating part of normal life? Why do you have someone?”

“No that’s not—“

“—At least tell us when you do so that we can say whether or not he’s a good choice,” Seungyeon not you too.

“Yeah and he has to like us as well,” now maknae was involved.

“Fine I will tell you when I do.” Please let it not happen for a while I silently prayed at the same time.

***

October 2009

The good news was the dance in Mister was very popular. When we performed it the fans went wild. Companies started to become interested in us and we ended up doing more endorsements than we had ever done before.  I got a lot of attention for my looks, especially my waist which was the smallest out of the group.

Thanks to our success it meant that we went to Bangkok and perform at the Parc Paragon. Bangkok was a nice place.

“now girls how’s your Japanese lessons been going?” This was a random question from Jihyung. We shrugged.

“Alright,” Gyuri spoke on behalf of the five of us, “why oppa?”

“Because you’ll be going to Japan in December

********************************************************************************************************************

Oh this chapter feels rushed. I think a lot of my subscribers were silent readers. When I go to their profiles they’ve joined the site on the days that I update and they have little to no karma. Not that I mind XD