23. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

9 February 2010

“The photographs are getting a strong response,” JiHyung told us as we had a late dinner one night. We’d only gotten back from Japan a fortnight ago but we’d spent the last two days being photographed for our new concept and comeback. We’d released two teaser photographs in preparation for the new album.

“We’re going to do well I can tell,” Gyuri’s goddess complex was back after being in hiding from the short hiatus.

“Good, keep that confidence for the music video shoot.” We nodded and kept eating.

***

February 20

The next several days proved to be hectic. After the release of the title track it was time to film the music video. Due to the concept portraying us to look like thieves or mysterious girls our costumes were black, showing skin and heavy eye makeup.

“Oh my gosh Hara,” I looked at Seungyeon in confusion. I was in costume and we were waiting for Gyuri and Nicole to finish changing while Jiyoung had her make up done.

“What’s wrong?” I asked checking that I hadn’t spilled anything or torn the costume.

“You’re really skinny,” I looked down at my waist. Having a midriff only emphasized this more though Jiyoung was showing stomach too.

“Umm, thank you unnie?”

“Yeah what is your measurement?” Gyuri and Nicole emerged dressed as well. The long dark hair really suited Gyuri and Nicole’s bob made her look more mature.

“You mean here?” I pointed at my waist, “it’s twenty two.”

“What it’s that small?” They looked at me with envy; “how do you manage to make it like that?”

“I work out?”

“Alright girls time we start filming,” the director clapped his hands for us and we were bought to the set. A dark backdrop with circle reflective panels hanging like a curtain. There was a row of lights on the bottom to make it sparkle. We were going to do the main choreography and then we would start the solo shoots of us in hallways, chairs etc.

“The chest is really hard,” Jiyoung said when we were going through the break dance.

“It just takes the right momentum,” Gyuri demonstrated and we laughed.

“Or a smaller chest,” once again I was the envy of them.

“It isn’t always good being small,” I pouted.

“It is when you have to jump about on stage,” Gyuri pointed out. “That’s the one thing I hate about being a singer.” Some of the others nodded.

****

 

“Still I’m surprised you don’t have a boyfriend yet,” Gyuri told me as we were resting. Seungyeon was in the middle of filming her solo scenes.

“Hey take a look at these guys, that’s the group AJ’s in.” We went to Nicole who was watching a music video on her phone.

“Down, down we gotta get down,” she sang to the beat.

“Ah so that’s Beast,” Gyuri said, “Catchy song and they aren’t bad looking either.”

“Which one do you like?” I hadn’t expected them to ask me.

“Err,” I had no idea. I stared at them all watching them each. There was the blonde hair boy, the exotic looking one. There was AJ who danced at the front, the guy who’s hair reminded me of a shark fin and then there was the rapper. He’d shaved some of his head and left an intricate pattern in its place.

“Um, him,” I pointed at AJ.

“Ah he’s rather handsome,” Gyuri suddenly screamed when he winked at the camera.

“Girls,” the director put a finger to his lips. We were being too noisy.

“Maybe we can set you up…”

“No way, I want him!” Gyuri protested, acting spoilt for a second.

“I really don’t mind,” I told Nicole. “I don’t want to date anyway.”

“Well what about the guy you were going to point at?” I blinked.

“The rapper,” I waited for him to return on screen. I couldn’t put my finger on it but something was familiar about him.

“Wasn’t he in another group?” Gyuri asked suddenly.

“Yeah, I watched their music video, Xing or something like that,” Nicole agreed. Ah so that’s where I’d seen him from.

“I wonder why he left.” There had to be a good reason behind it we figured. We had heard about the low funded companies and some of the scandals that had happened as a result. From the little we’d been warned about it we’d been told of girls forced into ual favours and God knows what the guys had to do to pay their way. I never felt more thankful for where I was than when we’d been told these stories.

“Hey Gyuri it’s your turn,” Seungyeon came to join us grabbing her water bottle and walking while drinking. Gyuri stood up, adjusted her outfit and strutted to the filming area. When she was out of earshot, Nicole spoke to me. “Hey if you want, I can find out AJ’s number.” I shook my head.

“That won’t be necessary thanks,” maybe I was just afraid of history repeating itself. How could I know that he wouldn’t be like my exes’? The problem is I didn’t know and I would rather not have my fears confirmed.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yay so Hara now knows of Junhyung. I was going to update later due to me being mad at that person un-subbing (I was going to get an axe but I handed it to my friend Dragon G instead). I will update again on Wedsnday when I’ve written heaps so stay tuned ^^ and read my other stuff if u dare XD