28. Junhyung

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

December 2009

We’d taken the kpop world by storm. Our debut had generally positive reviews and our fan base was rather large. After our debut the mini album came out which had five songs that show cased our talents. It wasn’t all good however.

“Aish that ,” Doojoon sighed with the rest of us slowly wondering what he was on about.

“What’s the matter hyung?” Yoseob questioned.

“Yongbok just came back from the president’s office. Apparently the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family are banning one of the songs from airplay.” The response from us was groaning and hitting any flat surface if it was near.

“Why would they do that?” Kikwang looked as if he would tear out a large chunk of his hair.

“Apparently it’s due to the curse word in Junhyung’s rap.”

“What? And how do they know? It wasn’t exactly pronounced—“

“—Sit down Junhyung.” Surprisingly I obliged.

“Don’t worry about it,” that was it? That was our mighty leader’s great advice? “We have other songs to promote so we’ll just go with what we can afford and hope and pray for the best.”

“Fine, if you say so.” Not all of us said this exactly but we were thinking it. We were still new to the music world; we couldn’t afford to not give our best. If ‘Yet’ was our best then we were sure as hell screwed.

“Hey guys,” Joonkun was cheerful. “Good news, you won the award for Rookie of the Month.” This sure was a shock.

“Wow, we did?!” The result was us jumping around the place on the couches if there were any nearby and cheering like monkeys on heat. “Wahoo,” we were more than thrilled.

***

Then came January 2010 and the time we would start promoting the album. A first thing first was the music video.

“No that’s cheesy,” Doojoon pushed Kikwang in the head. Brainstorming was no easy task.

“Why; is it just because I’m the one that wants to do it?”

“No we are not getting you tied to a chair and being bound with locks and keys, by five back up dancers.” Doojoon rejected. “Otherwise the Ministry of… What’s-their-name will have more than enough reason to ban that too.”

“What about being stuck in a maze?”

“It would be too expensive to create the set from scratch.”

“A jigsaw puzzle?” We all glanced at Hyunseung. We wondered where he got such weird ideas from.

“How about just filming some of the girls from other groups?” Dongwoon had a good point. The maknae was rather smart despite being the youngest.

“Ok,” Doojoon ruled in his favour. “But you have to cast them.”

“Oh,” his confidence fell along with his face.

“Relax they won’t bite.”

“Much,” I couldn’t help it. I got hit by the others but it was worth the laugh.

“Don’t worry you won’t do it alone,” Doojoon assured him. “Get Kikwang or Junhyung to help.”

“Hey; what did you say?”

“One of them would be happy to oblige.” I breathed through my nose. Yes they were cute, but who knew what they were really like. Maybe they were bratty or y or both.

***

So we got a camera and then a basic idea of what to do. We elected Dongwoon to be the lead because he’s good looking. That was the only reason and don’t let the others know I told you this; though we all got our own cameos as well.

“What are you wearing?” I took off my glasses.

“What’s wrong with my outfit?”

“It’s just sort of… Weird.” I frowned at Yoseob. I could wear whatever I want. It’s not my fault that I can pull off anything.

“You want it?” I slipped my jacket off shoving it at him. He shook his head.

“Not a big fan of pink.”

“It’s not pink it’s got red on it!”

“That’s pink hyung.”

“It’s red!”

“Guys just shut up and let him do his part,” Doojoon knew when to enter the room. I put my arms through the sleeves again and sat waiting for the camera.

“Ok when we’re ready,” I nodded and waited for the cue as well as making sure my umbrella prop was held firmly. After that it was Yoseob’s parts to be filmed.

“Oh Lord… Is he high or something?” Doojoon and I wondered what Joonkun was on about. We then knew when Yoseob walked in with a wig on.

“Uh, was this your idea Yoseob?” Doojoon asked while I sniggered behind him.

“Of course, stop laughing!” He pointed at me in annoyance. Doojoon ushered me to leave.

“You’re just going to distract him.”

“Pfft fine.”

***

Jealously crept in when we learnt that Dongwoon had gotten to dance with some of Girls’ Generation.

“Why couldn’t we have joined in?” Kikwang whined. “You know they’re pretty!”

“But I barely touched them.”

“We saw the footage; you put your hands on two of theirs’ shoulders.” Out came the fire of cushions; busted.

“Oh but that wasn’t the only group,” we waited for the punch-line. “Kara was in it too.”

“Whoa no way,” we used the last of our ammo on him; except for me who wanted my pillow.

“You aren’t mad hyung?” Yoseob asked.

“About Girls Generation yes that pisses me off.”

“And not Kara?” I shrugged.

“Why, I like Girls Generation more,” I tucked my pillow under my arm. “I’m not a big fan of Kara.”

“But they are pretty.”

“Maybe one or two of them,” oh that made them act irately.

“Hyung you should never talk like that about any girl groups. They’re princesses.”

“Why do you even care so much it’s not like any of us are going to date them?”  My punishment from them was the silent treatment for five minutes. Not a problem I could go and listen to music.

************************************************************************************************************

I was going to wait a week… But then a miracle happened. I got 35 subscribers. That’s 6 more than what I usually get (no I’m not going to tell my underdog story as thrilling as it may be). So ta-da this is the result of all of you reading an early update. Keep commenting, reading whatever and have a good week and if you read any weird words then it's only because I'm experimenting to see if they work or are just plain awkward :P.