40. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

I don’t know what changed. Something about what happened with him when he came to my aide. I couldn’t focus on it. If the others knew that I was starting to fall for him then oh crap…

I was better off being quiet about it.

Wait a minute. I didn’t say I like him. I just said that I was starting to possibly, maybe, almost like him. It’s different right to just saying it?

Aish this doesn’t suit me. I’m better off just saying it.

I Goo Hara have a small crush on Yong Junhyung.

***

18 January 2011

The air at the dorms didn’t feel right as I came back from a CF shoot. I heard talking from behind the door. I stopped, my hand started to tremble.

Why could I hear my father’s voice?

It had to be a cruel joke. Forcing myself to grab a hold of the handle to open the door wide to enter whatever it was. There was no joke, so many people in the small space. I didn’t see Gyuri or our manager anywhere. Why did these people look so familiar?

“Hey Hara,” Nicole came over to me. “We were wondering when you were going to get here.” I started to retreat, eyeing them all in suspicion.

“What’s going on?” Nicole stepped aside as someone else took centre of the whole scenario. My tongue failed to pronounce the sounds needed for the word. “D-dad, what are you doing here?”

“Don’t you remember honey?” He came to me to hug me briefly. “We talked on the phone about the arrangement and so I came up here with the others’ parents to try and take matters into our own hands…”

They waited for me to respond. I just stared at them, my mind wanted to take in what he said. “What do you mean?”

“We know how bad things are getting,” a rather proper woman started to say. It was Jiyoung’s mother. “So we want you to leave DSP.” The words were flung at me like a bullwhip lashing at my cheek. I winched, my eyes still wide from the shock.

“That’s how we’re getting out of it?”

“Where have you been?” Seungyeon was starting to get moody. “We’ve talked about it! We’ve talked about trying to appeal.”

“Yes I understand that.” I was still confused. “But I thought…”

“--thought that things would just change by themselves?” Seungyeon may as well have slapped me. “No Hara, this isn’t a drama! This is real life!” I stepped backwards. I knew that they were like me. Fed-up with everything that was happening since our management had changed and now.

But I didn’t think we’d had to resort to such actions.

“Come on Jiyoung-ah,” her mother took her with her dad following with a suitcase. It just dawned on me what was going on.

“Unnie,” Jiyoung stopped to talk to Nicole. “Mum says you can stay with us until your mother gets back from her trip to America.”

“Thanks,” Nicole told her. “But I might wait and see how things go.”

How things go…

What else wasn’t I fully aware of?

***

19 January


The whole morning I struggled to remain calm as the parents of the four of us went into DSP head quarters with us trailing behind. A group of lawyers accompanied us.

“W-what in God’s--?!” JiHyung found himself forced against the frame of the door as the mob tried to go to the president’s office. I felt sorry for the receptionist. She was at ends meet trying to decipher all the comments the parents were saying.

“What’s going on?” One of the head of the company, the Head of Marketing accompanied by two guards came to approach us.

“This is what’s happening,” a man began with his voice full of irritation. “We’re suing you!” The colour drained from the face like a tap to full bore.

“We’re getting their contracts terminated,” a lawyer stated.

“You say what…?” JiHyung was too shocked to speak. Everything now seemed too much. The guards came to try and restrain the parents while the lawyers shouted code names of rules and regulations they apparently had to abide by.

I just wanted to hide.

***

The news of the lawsuit erupted an hour later. My Twitter almost exploded from fans tweeting me and checking that I was ok. I didn’t have the heart to tell them anything. I thanked the lawyers that I had to keep a tight lip.

My mother called me to check that I was alright. The subliminal message I felt her say was if I had survived and if I had then had her husband as well?

The other girls were gathered in the living room. Seungyeon and Nicole both had large bags in their hands. It doesn’t take an idiot to not know what they were going to do. They stopped talking when I entered the scene.
“Where are your bags?” Seungyeon demanded. Seeing her true colours scared me more than I wanted to admit. “We’re leaving.”

“I still have schedules,” I held my hands together in front of me, clasped tightly. “I can’t go when I want.”

“I see,” she may as well have not. The door opened with a slam to find a white faced JiHyung enter.

“Girls,” he tried to steady himself so he didn’t sound angry. He wiped a hand over his face to clear the perspiration away. “Tell me you really didn’t…”

“We had no choice oppa,” Jiyoung began. “We can’t stay, not like this. Not anymore.”

“—what do you mean?” The world stopped. All of us became still, frozen like statues. The only one who moved was the owner of the voice. Gyuri couldn’t speak a thin line. For a moment she didn’t say anything, but when she did the words were drawn together in fragments, clasped with hints of disbelief and anger.

“Why—are you all doing this?” When we didn’t reply she gave a yell.

 “Yah answer me!”

Seungyeon couldn’t take it so she yelled back at Gyuri. “We can’t take it! We cannot take anymore of the injustice that’s been happening. So we’re out,” she glanced at me; “all four of us.” For a moment I was terribly afraid of Gyuri and her possible angry response. This didn’t feel right.

“We’re really suing them?” My voice barely above a whisper, “I just wanted us to work things out without…” I swallowed, “without the threats and accusations.” My words may as well as have been foreign, that was how I saw them react to it. Seungyeon sighed, her anger slowly simmering down.

“So that’s our decision unnie…” I wondered why she’d stopped her sentence. We all turned to where Gyuri was standing. Her gaze could throw daggers into flesh, mouth shut, and eyebrows downwards at the nose.

But that wasn’t what shocked us. What shocked us into silence were her eyes. Her irises were shadowed, showing no sign of warmth. It didn’t stop the moist glisten to them as streams of angry tears ran down her cheeks.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

LATE UPDATE *Pouts sadly* I am so sorry about that guys. The winner of the challenge will be announced next chapter so stay tuned and thanks for waiting for this update.