44. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

January 28


The next morning I had to wake up early. Everything ached but mainly my head. Something was strange about this. I should have been at a club, a private booth to be exact. Heechul from Super Junior, Lady Jane and Simon D, Hongki and Jonghoon from F.T Island where were they? How did I get home?

Did someone give me a lift? If so who? Or did they get me a taxi? But how would the driver have not driven off or abducted me? Would JiHyung know?

 I sat up in my bed only to be overcome with a dizzy sensation similar to that of vertigo. I staggered out of bed to rush to the bathroom where I had to throw up whatever was left inside me.

To make matters worse Jihyung’s trademark three beat knock hammered on the door. “Hara are you awake?”

“Yes,” I mumbled wiping my mouth with toilet paper. “When do we have to leave?”

“In an hour so get ready to go to the salon.” I was dreading this commercial film shooting. I flushed the toilet, gripping the bowl to stand but ended up having to throw up again. It was going to be a long day.  

***

“Are you sure you’re up to filming?” JiHyung had finally noticed my disheveled appearance. The drive to the salon seemed to be taking longer today than usual.

“Mmm,” I wanted to sleep. I felt a hand go to my forehead, I jumped from the coolness of it. JiHyung was eyeing me warily.

“Because if you want we can cancel,” I shook my head.

“No I need to keep going. It’s the only thing that will distract me.” He seemed to understand enough to not badger me any further.

When we got there I noticed Gyuri leaving. Her goddess image had faded dramatically as a result of the lawsuit. Loosing weight and sleep were the signs of this. She didn’t even greet me as we brushed past the other.

“I’ve got to drop Gyuri at the recording studios for the dubbing.” She and Shindong were dubbing the Korean voices for the film Alpha and Omega. I on the other hand had a commercial film to do. “I’ll be back in an hour.” I nodded and turned to go. He caught me with an arm pulling me into a rather awkwardly positioned side hug.

It felt a little weird being there. JiHyung kept his distance when it came to physical displays of affection. The most he ever did was to pat us on the head on the shoulder. The weight of the situation between us and the other three must have affected him more now.

“You two are the only hope for Kara,” he said as he moved his arm away. “Don’t let us down. You’re all like sisters to me, don’t forget that.” I was visibly moved by his small speech that I had to run inside before I started tearing up.

God, if you are real don’t let Kara end please. Not like this.

***

JiHyung came back like he said and then we were off to film for the commercial. As we were moving I started to realize that the question of how I got home hadn’t been answered.

“Oppa,” one of his hands clenched the wheel harder. “What happened last night?”

“What do you mean?” He was suddenly on edge, like he had something to hide. “You came home after having a few drinks end of story.”

“Yes but how did I? Did I catch a taxi home or..?” I grabbed my head, why couldn’t I remember anything about it? Was it a result of the hangover?
“You were given a lift,” JiHyung said with some caution to his voice, “by one of your drinking buddies.”

“Who was it?” He didn’t say anything else. I hit him in the shoulders, “oppa why aren’t you telling me anything? You can say who it was. Was it Heechul oppa? Someone from F.T Island, did Jan Geun Seuk-sshi drop me home?”

“It was neither, his company called and asked that we say nothing about it to prevent rumors.” That made me curious, who would be afraid of a scandal? Silly question, most of them would be.

“Ok,” I took a different approach, “if you can’t tell me who then at least tell me the name of the company.”

“Cube,” I nodded thankful that I knew. Now I had to think of who came from where. Not Heechul, Geun Seuk or any of the F.T Island members?

Hold on, there was someone else there too. How could I forget…?

Oh hell.

No wonder the company wanted it under the rug. They had rather fierce fans like the name of the group indicated to the members.

And they were especially proud with one of the main composers and the rapper, Junhyung.

I suddenly felt guilty. He shouldn’t have had to do that. He could have gotten me a taxi. Why go to all the trouble of dropping me home?

I must have made a real fool of myself last night in front of all the Chocoball members. Looks like I may have to stay away from alcohol altogether.

How would I be able to look him straight in the eye again?

**************************************************************************************************************************************

I’m not sure about Hara’s faith/religion. Sources say she’s Christian and others don’t have one listed under her. Reason being if you want to write realistically then the author needs to consider aspects of their bringing up and faith because they affect the way that the stars may act/ behave.

Anyway ignoring that tangent I have been rather lazy. At the moment I’m only writing this fanfic and Yesterday’s Villa. If you’re subscribed to any other stories of mine do feel to poke or prod me into updating. I like to finish my stories even if I feel bored with the plot it’s the kind of person I am. But I do like to put in effort so it doesn’t sound half-hearted at the end.