52. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

Aside from those nosey kids our first date had gone rather smoothly. Walking side by side we just talked about life, other people in the same career as us and our own personal tastes.

“Yeah well I tried to tell them to keep it tidy but in the end I decided that they wouldn’t listen.” Junhyung said as we both laughed.

“At least you don’t have Nicole cooking in the kitchen.” I said. “One time she forgot about the rice and it burned.”

“Yum, black, sticky goodness,” that made me give him a playful shove but I was grinning all the same.
“So do they know about us?” He asked. I shook my head. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to tell them but for now the timing needed to be better.
“I’ll tell them when I get back.” He nodded, satisfied with my answer.

He coughed and cleared his throat. “I guess I’ll do the same,” this sent my heart racing. He really did have a romantic side to him. In a very unsubtle attempt my hand brushed against his. I waited, my temperature starting to rise until I felt our hands interlock at the fingers.

“Are you thirsty? He asked all of a sudden.

“I’m fine oppa,” we stopped. He let go of my hand. I watched as he leaned to the side, glancing around a corner.
“I’ll grab us something, wait here.” I nodded, slightly disappointed that he wanted to go without me. He came back a couple of minutes later, with two drinks and a bag of chips.

“Here,” I was handed me one of the cans. “I thought you might be hungry also.” He shook the bag before opening it. “Help yourself,” the bag got handed to me and I ate a small handful before giving it back to him.

“Why don’t we say some random facts about our groups?” He stopped in mid chew.

“Didn’t we just talk about that?”

I winked at him. “Well… We could make it interesting,” this got him curious.

“Ok I’m interested, what are you thinking of?”

“The person with the best fact may request anything from the other.” He sipped his drink, accidentally belching.

“Sounds like a plan. Why don’t you go first?”

Now I just had to think of something which would stump Junhyung. I knew a lot of secrets about the members, things that would only be found out later on. “Ok here’s one,” I began while he ate. “Seungyeon is a fan of G.O.D.”

“Pfft is that it?” Junhyung smirked. A minute later I understood why. “Alright, a fan gave Yoseob a fanfic with me and him. Doojoon read bits of it and then gave us the silent treatment for a week. I didn’t know until Yoseob told me.” The drink almost went out my nose.

“Eww, they actually did that?”

“Yes, no wonder the other members questioned my uality for a little while. Yoseob was more disturbed but I don’t think he would admit it.”

This fact proved to be too good. I sighed, “how am I meant to beat that?”

“Don’t give up,” he stated. “Otherwise I will be claiming the win.”

“Not so fast,” with the wheels turning I went through my secret’s encyclopedia to come up with a better one than the predecessor. “Gyuri unnie has two dogs but she’s allergic to them.” That got Junhyung laughing.

“Seriously, that is so ironic.” He stopped, clutching his sides. “Ok I think that is probably the best fact for tonight.”

Did he really want to stop?

I wondered what made him decide that. “Are you sure?” I asked, “Don’t you want to tell me another one?” He shook his head.

“Next time we play I will, I have a dozen golden ones to use. By then I will really want to.”

It sounded like he had something up his sleeve but for now it could wait. “Ok, my request is… For you to call me by my nickname,” the thought made me blush.

“Is that it? Hmm I was expecting something more; risqué perhaps.”

“Ok I’ll think of another one… You can call me by my nickname and…” I couldn’t finish the sentence I was too embarrassed. “Kiss me on the hand.” He turned to me, his face lifting. “You really want that?”

“Well… A kiss on the hand is probably the safest thing than anywhere else.”

“Suit yourself honey.” He grabbed my wrist, letting my hand go floppy. I stood still and watched as he lowered it up slowly before placing his lips on it. This made me squeal and then I turned away feeling stupid.

Dumb Hara, you’re not a kid.

“Was it that great?” When I looked at him he was raising his eyebrows at me. “Shame it wasn’t more.”

“W-well you know we are still getting to know each other…” The space between us became less. He was right in front of me, eyes drilling deep into my very soul. He would have to just bend down slightly and then we would be communicating in a very different manner.

“Right now I’m fighting very hard against the urge to kiss you.” His voice had become husky when he whispered. “But I don’t want you to be uncomfortable so I will wait.” He moved back and I let out my breath.

“So what shall we do now?” He checked his phone for the time and let out a sigh.

“Afraid we’ll have to call it quits,” coming up to me we linked arms. “I’ll take you home.”

As disappointed as I was that we couldn’t spend more time together, I knew that we both would have schedules in the morning. We walked back to the car and like the gentleman he was he opened and closed my door for me.

***

“How do you think they are going to react when you tell them?”

“I think they may not be too surprised,” I shrugged. “They’ve seen me text and tweet to you.”

“Ah so they may already know,” he chuckled, the sound causing me to smile. “I’m glad they will be somewhat prepared.” I reached across to where his hand was playing with the stereo system. He lifted his off and then clutched mine. We held hands on my thigh.

“Alright Honey,” I gushed. “Here’s your stop.”

“Thank you for tonight oppa.” I told him squeezing his hand one last time. “I look forward to our next date.”

“Sure, I will call you tomorrow.” With that I gave him one last smile and was on my way.

Inside the dorm I was surprised to find all the lights on. The other four were all sitting in the living area, playing a card game. When I closed the door they stopped and stared.

“Ah she’s back,” Jiyoung raised her eyebrows. “Unnie aren’t you going to tell us?”

“Tell you what?” sat with them, next to Nicole and Seungyeon. Gyuri placed two cards in their pile.
“Tell us the guy you were just with. You’re smiling so it was obviously a date.”

“Yeah it was,” I smiled stupidly as I then happily said to them without any regrets. “Yong Junhyung is now my boyfriend.”


**************************************************************

Is this driving you crazy? Well they will kiss but not just now. After all Junhyung has some facts he will want to share with her in round two of their game ;-)