5. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

2008

“Now turn and lift your head up,” the photographer instructed as I stood behind the camera, trying not to blink as lights flashed my face.

“Good now take a break,” this was the fourth photo shoot I had done since I’d joined DSP. Someone had leaked my photograph to a local mall and I was now their model for the spring collection. It had been tiring some days, the camera always blinking and blinding you for a good millisecond. If I didn’t enjoy having the spot light then I would have felt a bit unnerved.

“Hara-ssi, the president is on the line. Do you have a moment to speak with him?” The representative who was doing some legal enquiries at the same time as me was standing with her mobile phone out to me. I glanced at the photographer.

“Alright, everyone take a ten minute break,” the rest of the crew took a break while I answered the called.

“President-shi, its Goo Hara-shi, is everything alright?”

“How would you feel about joining a group?” Had I heard him right?

“You mean like a girl group?”

“Exactly, when you come back to the head quarters I will be filling you in on the details.” I nodded.

“Ok president.”

“Good, until then.” He hung up. Still wide eyed I handed the phone back to the representative and thanked him. It was going to be hard for me to continue to focus on the photo shoot.
********************

The next morning I was taken to a practice room where I met the manager.

“Goo Hara-sshi,” he shook my hand, “I’m Jang JiHyun, Kara’s manager.” Had I heard him right too?

“Nice to meet you,” I remembered the president mentioning the name to me before.

“The girls are going to be here soon,” he added, “Have you met them?”

“Well,” I may have seen them but it wasn’t for long so communication hadn’t been established. I’d made friends with the trainees though.

“Ah here they are,” he went over to the three of them and they hugged him.

“Oppa why did you leave without us?” One of them exclaimed with a lot of aegyo. The other two just smiled and laughed along. I could sense this presence from the girl with the elegant features. Gyuri was her name right? I didn’t know how to describe it.

“Girls, meet Goo Hara,” JiHyun said turning to me, “she’s going to be the lead dance as well as the visuals.”

“Hi,” they all said in unison. Someone wasn’t enthusiastic.

“I’m Jung Nicole,” said the girl with a rather interesting nose, “it’s nice to meet you.”

“Ham Seungyeon,” the one who’d done the aegyo said. It was then Gyuri’s turn.

“I thought I was the visual,” the other two laughed though the atmosphere almost felt awkward.

“So where’s the other one?” Seungyeon asked JiHyun.

“She will be here shortly,” he advised them, “now I think we all need some coffee; Should I get some?”

“Please oppa,” Nicole and Seungyeon said in unison while Gyuri just nodded.

“Alright I’ll be back in about ten,” he said as they playfully pushed him out of the door.

“So Hara-sshi,” Nicole began, “can I ask how old are you?”

“I’m eighteen.”


“Wow, you’re my unnie then,” she beamed back, “we were both born in the same year. Can I be informal with you?”

“Sure,” I was more than happy to. I got sick of talking proper around home. I only did it because of mum.

“Well you can’t with us,” we turned to Gyuri, “I’m the leader and the oldest so you have to run things by me if they’re to do with the group. Otherwise I don’t care.”

“Alright,” I felt she was being hostile towards me. What did I do?

“Don’t mind unnie,” Seungyeon assured me as she slapped Gyuri on the back, “she can be really nice.” Gyuri just stuck her chin up like she didn’t believe it and I was inclined to agree.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Ah such a fail update. We don’t even have Jiyoung yet :s. I haven’t updated since a week so apologies to you all. I appreciate you subscribing and doing whatever it is you’re doing that is getting me more subscribers. I’m going to be nice and have a little competition. The prize is that you get your name mentioned in this story (God knows how I am going to do that). So here’s the challenge:

-         How big (in centimeters) is Hara’s waist?

 

Good luck and the first person to Personal message me with the answer (it will save it from being spoiled for those who aren’t up to the chapter) will win!