31. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

Night of the date May 12 2010

“Wow you look great,” They all looked at me with envy at my outfit; a loose billowy shirt with stripes, grey jeans and black boots.

“Thank you,” I twirled for them. I’d even let my hair down for the occasion.

“Alright so how do you feel?” Gyuri asked.

“Fine,” who was I kidding? I felt like I would melt into a puddle at any given moment.

“It will be fine,” Jiyoung assured me. “Just relax, smile and have a good time.”

“Nicole do you have anything helpful advice for Hara-yah?” To our surprise Nicole shook her head.

“I’ve…Never dated before.”

“Wow really, is that true?” The attention went to her, especially Jiyoung and Gyuri who found this topic interesting.

“I guess I’ll be off then,” I slipped away as they swarmed Nicole. I would have to make it up to her someday.

***

The company had warned us about taxi drivers so I had to be cautious as I approached the vehicle. He seemed harmless enough so I thanked God that I may get to the place alive. It was coming home that could prove to be dangerous.

“Hello,” he greeted me with a mumble, “where would you like to go?” I carefully told him the place and with a nod he indicated to pull out onto the street.

The driver had trot music playing but I didn’t mind. It reminded me of my grandmother who loved to listen to trot and danced with grandfather when they were first married. I wished that someday I would find a love like theirs. Maybe this was the night.

The club was mellow for a Friday night which made it easy to look for people. I walked in to find about ten eyes looking at me for a moment before turning away. I’d been told that he would be at the bar.

I saw a tall guy dressed in jeans, a dark blue shirt with neatly cut hair at the bar, sipping a margarita. From remembering the brief description Gyuri had given me I assumed it was him. He stood up as if he heard his name, turning towards me.

“Goo Hara?” He asked though it sounded like a statement.

“Ah hello,” I greeted him in a hurry. “You’re…. Kang Yongbin?” He nodded, his smile suddenly appearing.

“Gyuri-ssi was right in saying you were pretty.”

“Oh um thank you,” compliments I found were awkward to accept.

“Would you like a drink?” He asked as he offered me the stool next to him.

“I’m fine thank you.”

“No really it’s on the house,” he then asked for a drink with a name I didn’t recognise. It was bright green.

“Try, it’s bright and sweet like you.” Trying not to gush from the cheesy comment I took a swig, the alcohol going straight to my head. I had to be careful, drinking wasn’t recommended.

***

As the night wore on I let my drink stay in the cup while I listened to Yongbin talk about work, family and rumors that he had heard as well.

“Man you’re so pretty,” he was starting to get tipsy from the drinking.

“Haven’t you had enough?” I asked as I watched him finish the rest of that drink.

“You’re right,” he took out some won and paid the bar tender. “Thank you,” with that he grabbed my arm and dragged me away with him.

“W-where are we going?” He was going at a fast pace and I had to jog to keep up. We stopped at a wall where he pushed me against it.

“You’re so pretty,” he then opened his mouth wide to give me a kiss that was forgettable. It made me sick to my stomach having him force his tongue into my mouth. I almost thought I would gag from how far down he tried to push it.

Eventually I pulled away in relief so I could breathe but he had found other things to enjoy. “No,” I grabbed his wrists which were touching my chest.

“So small,” he added with a giggle. Gosh he sounded so childish. “I wonder how much padding you have.” I was horrified at this. I pushed him away only to have him draw back to me.

“G-get off,” I snapped as he started smothering my neck. I shuddered as I felt his tongue the bare skin like he was some sort of reptile. If that was bad enough his hands were going elsewhere, mainly under the clothes.

“No,” he then stopped for a moment. “Not here, not where everyone can see.” I just looked at him, appalled. “Come on, I have a car I can put air conditioning on, I’ll put the seats down. I’ll make it cosy.” That was when I realised his intention.

“No,” I shoved him with a force greater than before. “I’m not going!”

“Why not? Unless…. Are you a ?”

“None of your damn business,” I was more pissed than scared right now. I stormed off with him tailing me.

“Stay away,” I yelled not caring about the people that recognised me.


“Hey isn’t that Hara?” I froze, someone recognised me. I stopped as I saw who it was. There was three of them; one tall guy with over flowing charisma dressed in a grey suit with chunky rings. Then there was the skinny shorter leader with his unusual hair, logo printed hoodie and the maknae who I knew too well.

“Seunghyun oppa,” I’d never felt more pleased to see him.

“Hey Hara,” he patted me on the head, “what’s my favourite student doing here?”

“Hey who the hell are you?” Yongbin challenged due to his stupidity. T.O.P walked over to him and frowned.

“You stink, take a shower.”

“Hey Hara, who’s he?” Seunghyun asked; face darkening.

“I was meant to be on a date with him… But I don’t know he’s just…” Seunghyun stepped around me to put himself in front of me.

“Hara-yah, don’t move.” I watched as T.O.P talked to the guy for a moment. I watched Yongbin’s face fall with shock. With that he made a fudged bow and was gone.

“Phew,” Seungri breathed, “nice work hyung.”

“I just told him that KBS would be in trouble if they learnt one of their staff tried to ually harass a girl group member.” They all laughed but I couldn’t find myself able to. I was shattered. He had been the first guy I had dated in almost three years yet he had only wanted one thing again; my body.

“Hey Hara,” I turned to Seungri, “are you ok?”

“Uh, can I please go home?” I was tired and drained from the incident. The alcohol hadn’t helped in my state.

“Sure,” Seungri nodded. “I’ll drop you home.” I thanked him in my heart as he led me to his car after parting with Jiyong and T.O.P. All of them except for Daesung had stage names and I learned it was because T.O.P and Seunghyun both had the same name.

***

The drive home was alright. Seunghyun talked about old times, how he got to catch up with Yunho from DBSK as well as other people he was friends with. I was surprised when I heard Junhyung’s name. I didn’t think they would get along.

“Oh did I get the right place?” He asked. I acknowledged this when I saw the familiar block of apartments.

“Thank you,” I told him as he stopped the car. Alarmed I didn’t know what to do as he got out too.

“I need to make sure that you get to your front door,” I laughed as he pretended to be a body guard. We came to the door and I thanked him again.

“So, you’re sure you’re alright?” He asked again. I nodded.

“Uh huh,” but then I felt something happen. Tears come into my eyes. I didn’t want to cry; not in front of one of my friends who would never live it down if I did. I wiped them quickly.

“Pabo,” he chuckled before patting me on the shoulder. “You know crying in front of me is not a crime. If I was you and a guy tried to do that to me. Well I would probably be shocked too.” He then pushed my head so it was against his shoulder.

“Sorry,” he added. “I wasn’t there for you at those auditions. But you made it, we both did and when I’m free I’ll find a nice guy for you.”

“No I don’t want to.” I sniffed; “Not again oppa, not another jerk Seunghyun-ah please.”

“But how do you know he’ll be a jerk?” I had to pull my head away to wipe my eyes. “You can’t determine these things. Just wait and see.” He then winked before patting me on the head again. “Sorry, oppa has to go but you take care of yourself.”

“Tell, Minji I said hello.”

“Who, oh Minzy right,” he nodded. “Ok take care.” I waved as he left, full of confidence as always. He always would be a close friend no matter what.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Before you ask no I’m not making anything happen between Seungri and Hara alright? I don’t want to encourage the SeungHara shippers (is that their name?) here though their subscriptions would be helpful XD.

LOL tbh I felt Big Bang needed to come in seeing as they haven’t yet. Special early update for Taeteuktaewon24, enjoy this chapter