27. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

March 4 (an hour after the event with Junhyung)

 “We’re in the top three?” We could barely contain our excitement when JiHyung oppa told us this news. JiHyung seemed a bit beside himself when we started to jump up and down in excitement.

“We can do it,” Gyuri was confident and I couldn’t agree more. We all felt that we’d done well with this song.

“Now that I’ve told you the good news give it all you got.” With our hearts blazing we got onto the stage to perform.

We then got the great result and came first. We’d never felt so elated. Our fans waved, some cried and we did our best to remain composed. Seungyeon and Gyuri weren’t able to hold it in. Jiyoung had to speak for us for once. We were proud of her and how well she was able to talk.

It felt good being able to win again. We’d been so afraid that we had lost fans since we hadn’t been promoting for a few months but seeing the Kamillas in the audience gave a strong swell of pride. 

****

“Well done,” JiHyung was more than ecstatic for us. “There’s some other good news too which you need to know. You and other kpop stars will be performing in America in May.”

“We’re going to A-America?!” Nicole was clapping while the rest of us were smiling happily.

“It’s for a festival along with the Wonder Girls.”

“The Wonder Girls?!”

“Kim Jong Kook and Lessang too.”

“Wow,” we were liked the line up.

“Oh yeah and B2st too,” this caused the girls to glance at me.

“What?”

“Did you forget?”

“How can I when you won’t let me?” I retorted with a flushed face. True it had only been a day but it was still annoying. They seemed to think that we would end up together and that it was fate they were going to America the same time as us. I would love to prove them wrong.

***

May 4 2010

“Girls we’re late!” JiHyung sounded like he needed caffeine. He had been yawning heaps since we arrived at the airport.

“Oppa the plane doesn’t leave for another hour,” Gyuri held up the printed schedule.

“Wait how did you--?”

“—oh, oops,” Gyuri gave it back to him, “sorry oppa.”

“I can’t believe it, I get to go home. Well sort of,” we were afraid Nicole would break the roof of our vehicle from jumping about. For the rest of us it was the first time we would be in America. A country where we would have to know English, Nicole was the only fluent English speaker out of the group but JiHyung had an average grasp.

“Wow look at all the fans,” we saw the other artists walking to the boarding pass. They were all dressed well.

“Oh look there’s B2st,” I didn’t say anything to this. Though we had been in their music video for Mystery there wasn’t much other significance to this. Girls Generation had been in it too.

The guys seemed to fool about as they walked and waved to fans. Kikwang gave some fan service with the other members slowly giving in and doing the same. I noticed that Junhyung seemed to be the one who dressed the nicest out of all of them. Hold on, focus Hara. You’re trying to prove a point to your delusional members not reinforce it!

JiHyung was reluctant to let us accept gifts or have our picture taken but he gave a few exceptions to some lucky fans. I felt bad for the majority we had to refuse. It wasn’t our fault but company policy.

“Ah isn’t this nice?” Gyuri and Seungyeon were lucky that they were the shortest members of the group. They didn’t need to worry so much about leg space. I was one of the tallest so for me being cramped it was a frustrating habit.

Once we were in the air and the seatbelt light was turned off I got up and stretched my legs.

“Hey where are you going?” Gyuri hissed.

“I just want to walk.” I protested seeing no harm. She made a noise of frustration but then went to sleep. That’s what I should be doing too; sleeping.

***

I came across one of the guy groups who were relaxing. Beast seemed pretty occupied in their activities whether it was dozing with the music on or playing a game.

“Having fun staring?” I stood up straight. The voice, where had I heard it before? “Oh Hara-ssi, you bumped into me that one time.” Junhyung, I hadn’t expected it to be him. He had a can of coke in his hand, it was open.

“Just walking around,” I replied hoping he didn’t take it the wrong way.

“I see,” he then cleared his throat. “I should probably introduce myself properly, the timing’s been crap. I’m Yong Junhyung.”

“Goo Hara,” I returned the introduction.

“I know,” he had a very deep voice. No wonder his rapping was good, he had a sound similar to T.O.P’s though Seungri would argue that his hyung’s the better rapper. I wondered how he and Minzy were doing in YG. It had been hard to catch up with the schedules conflicting.

“So, excuse me so I can sit.” That was when I realised why he’d approached me. He had been next to Hyunseung in the flight. I stepped out of the way.

“Oh sorry,” I apologised as he sat in his chair and leaned it back slightly. Hopefully Doojoon wouldn’t mind since he was behind Junhyung.

“You can go,” the abruptness of his words caused me to hurry off. So much for him being friendly, or maybe that’s just how he was.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Gee, gee, gee, gee baby, baby! Well this update has been so late and I apologise to the 32 of you who have been waiting. At the moment I’ve been stuck trying to finish another fanfic and well it’s taking a while to finish too. I’m going to reinforce a new method where I will update once a week but I will write throughout the rest of the week to make sure that you get them regularly. So Fridays will be the days when this fanfic is updated and I will find a schedule for my other on-going ones too.