3. Hara

The Joker of Hearts: A JunHara fanfic

2008

“Hara,” my mum sounded cross. I hurried from my bedroom to the living room. She was holding the phone in her hand.

“Yes,” I asked her wondering what was going on.

“Someone from DSP entertainment on the line for you,” I stared at the receiver. I’d forgotten I’d submitted an application to them.

“Hello?”

“Ah Goo Hara, is that right?”

“Yes sir.”

“Would you like to be recruited as a trainee under us?” I had to do a double take. “A t-trainee?”

“Yes that’s right, normally companies don’t call up those who are auditioned but here we take care of our trainees. So what do you say?” I turned to my mother; she didn’t seem pleased either way.

“Yes I would love to,” I heard her open to protest but she held it in.

“Excellent, if you can come to our building by the end of the week we will move you into an accommodation and start you with the other trainees.”

“Thank you so much,” I was grinning from ear to ear.

“See you on Friday at four pm,” with that the line went dead.

“Still wanting to be famous?” I turned to my mother who had her arms folded. I opened my mouth but was cut off, “I don’t care what you do. But if you fail then it’s your fault alone.” She left to finish up her cooking in the kitchen. I gave a sigh but then went to my room to call my friends. They would be so pleased.

***

The train came on time to the station. I looked at my mum who fidgeted with her hands. My grandmother came forward to embrace me.

“Call us when you arrive,” she told us with her rasped voice. Mum grunted in agreement.

“I will,” I turned to the train as the doors started to open, “well good bye.”

“Will he be able to meet you after all?” I knew who she was talking about. Two years ago he had debuted in Big Bang and I hadn’t heard much from him since. His company had been keeping strict tabs on his phone calls.

“If he can’t then I should be fine,” I told them. I then grabbed my bags and got on the train. I e last time as I seated to wave to them. My mum had a hand over her face; she wasn’t the kind to show her tears in public.

The journey was slow. I spent the time listening to music and just quietly humming to myself. Soon enough I arrived in Seoul and had to figure out when the next bus was that would take me to DSP.

“Hara,” I heard my name being called. I turned around my eyes widening.

“S-Seung-hyun,” I said as he came over to me and gave me a hug.

“Actually it’s now Seungri,” he winked, “there might be fans about.”

“Sorry,” I apologized, “but it’s just been so long since I saw you. How are you?”

“I’m good,” Seungri glanced at the clock on the wall, “you’re ten minutes late.”

“OMG have you been waiting long?”

“I only just arrived,” he smirked, “come on let’s go have dinner.”

“But oppa, where is your company?” If I was correct then they weren’t close to each other.

“Oh it will be fine my manager can take us wherever.” He sounded so lucky.

“Well… Ok.”

“Good,” Seungri took my bag and started leading me to the car parks, “hyung this is my friend Hara! She’s going to be famous one day.”

“Nice to meet you,” his manager managed to bow to me before we got in the car.

***

“Make sure no one sees you,” was his managers’ final words to us as we were dropped off in a back alley.

“That’s why I picked this place,” Seungri pointed down the alley to the small lights.

“Thank you,” he didn’t seem to hear me for I got no response as he got back into the car.

“So,” Seungri and I sat down at a table, one of the legs was shorter than the others so it leaned to one side, “how is school?”

“Umm,” I would rather have not said but he Seungri was pretty sharp, “ok. I still have the rest of this year before I can graduate.”

“Will you be able to?” Seungri was serious, “it was hard enough for me to be able to go but will they be happy to let you go to yours?” To be honest, I’d never thought about missing my graduation. It was always an assumption of mine that I would be going.

“I should,” I decided, “I may not see some of my friends again otherwise.”

“Speaking of friends,” Seungri sipped some of his drink, “are you currently dating anyone?”

“No, not at the moment why do you ask?”

“Thinking maybe I could introduce you to my leader. Kwon Jiyong.”

“Oh you,” I gave him a shove, “trust you to try and set me up with someone.”

“If you ever change your mind; let me know,” all I could do was laugh. I knew Seungri wouldn’t be here for me always, but I was going to enjoy this time together while it lasted.

Argh I really am sorry guys. I feel this story is so jumbled, it’s hard trying to make it sound as real as possible by keeping facts in but I know I’m forgetting some or missing important points. Oh well I should survive XD. Thanks to those who have subscribed and are doing so, the rate of people subbing is phenomenal. I will make it worth your time J