His Point of View

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning light Jungkook led the way through the hazy air. He chuckled quietly to himself as he replayed your thankful message in his mind. And she acted so tough Jungkook thought to himself in amusement. 

From far away Jungkook heard women laughing. He stopped walking and felt you bump into his back. Stunning pale skinned women appeared before him. Wearing lustrous red silk dresses, they glided and danced around him. While waving around sheer fabrics wrapped around their arms, the sound of them laughing with joy echoed around him.

Jungkook knew this was just another magical illusion of the many you and him had encountered; and from the past events, he knew something would happen to you. He reached behind him to protect you and from the top of the trees a man dressed in white descended. Jungkook sprang free his sword with his right hand, turned around and tugged on your shirt pulling you away from the man.

Whatever the man had said to you Jungkook could not hear but he saw the man’s lips moving. In that instant Jungkook realized you were no longer aware of anything going on. The girls laughed around him as a misty white vapor began to ooze out of your mouth floating into the air. The man in turn was breathing in every little bit of the vapor coming from you.

Jungkook thought in a panic and shook you shouting, “Wake up! Snap out of it! Don’t listen to him! Don’t let him drink your life essence!”

Yet as much as he tried to shake you from the enchantment you were unresponsive. Jungkook jabbed at him with his sword only to find it useless. The man, unlike the other magical beasts did not dissipate. Jungkook’s sword passed right through him leaving him unharmed.

Dropping his useless sword, Jungkook grabbed both of your shoulders, “Hey, don’t give in to it! Wake up!!” but your eyes began to close and Jungkook feared what would happen next.

The man in white slipped right between you and Jungkook as the vapor from your mouth continued to spill into the air. He continued breathing you in while blurring Jungkook’s vision of you. He could no longer see anything but feel your body go limp in his tight grip.

The sounds of the women laughing became screams and unbearably loud to Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter