Take Care…Of It…

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You shifted your focus to the man next to Mobon, who was dressed in his burgundy cloak. Without looking you commanded for a spear in your mind.  With one small motion of your hand a long spear flung up and levitated in the air above you. Without hesitation, you swung your arm and the spear pierced right through Anwon’s body making him fall to his knees. In response, Mobon sliced his sword through Grandma Soyi’s stomach as she dropped to the ground to lie in her own pool of blood. He then stabbed his sword deep into King Taemusin’s chest, yanked it free without remorse and retreated into his soldiers to hide himself.

You screamed for Grandmother Soyi until no sound came from your throat as you ran over to her making those around you bear the impact and power from your despair.

Everyone’s cry for the King boomed from within the palace walls and the palace soldiers charged towards Mobon’s rebellious group. In the midst of the raging battle you pulled Grandmother Soyi into your arms as you cried uncontrollably. You begged her not to die, for her not to leave you lonely; yet she did not answer.

She looked at you once and then afterwards her eyes shifted over to King Taemusin who was bleeding uncontrollably from his wound. He struggled to pull himself over, ruining his golden garb that was now soaked in his own blood. He reached over to hold her hand and they stared at each other with saddened eyes. Tears, one after another slid slowly down King Taemusin’s cheeks as he managed to confiscate Grandmother Soyi’s body from your arms.

When he held her, his lavish and large golden sleeves draped over her body like a blanket covering a child.

Jungkook grabbed a sword from a dead body and tried to protect you from behind. You watched King Taemusin brush Grandma Soyi’s hair from her face as she looked up at him. His forehead was filled with speckles of sweat from trying to live the last moments of his life before her. King Taemusin shared a blissful smile at Soyi and pretended to be strong while he forced the blood that spilled in his throat back down by swallowing with all his might.

Soyi reached her hand to touch King Taemusin’s cheek, which was now wrinkled with age, as he laid his hand on top of hers. When an arrow penetrated King Taeumusin’s shoulder, he hugged Grandma Soyi closer shielding her, unwilling to let anyone hurt her. Suddenly, multiple arrows came flying at once towards King Taemusin and you. One lodged in your tricep while several others pierced King Taemusin’s back. Angrier than ever, you glanced over with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter