The Woman He Loved

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jungkook!”

Again, the hall fell silent and everyone looked to see who the lady was that marched in rapidly. You had no clue who she was but apparently, she knew Jungkook.

Both Jungkook and Crown Prince Taehyoung called for her. Only afterwards did they realize that they had said two separately different names. Crown Prince Taehyung looked at Jungkook in confusion as Jungkook looked away perplexed.

“Princess Hyeseo, please do not muddle into this,” King Taemusin demanded and Jungkook looked at Aunt Minseo baffled. Who the heck is Princess Hyeseo? Aunt Minseo, Jeon Minseo was her name. Why would the King address my aunt as a princess? Jungkook thought to himself.

What the heck is up with this idiot? Why would he address Aunty Hye as Aunt Minseo? She’s my aunt…and my Grandfather’s princess, who is he to call her that? Crown Prince Taehyung questioned puzzled at the situation.

You watched the woman get on her knees next to the handsome man in front of Jungkook and bow an elegant greeting.

“Father, I beg you for your understanding. This has gone out of hand. I should have been more diligent in keeping an eye on Jungkook. Please do not act hastily over my wrongdoings.” Princess Hyeseo begged.

“Ridiculous!!” King Taemusin shouted in anger. Although he had known about Crown Prince distributing papers looking for medication he hadn’t realized how bottomless the situation became.

“I will ask one last time, why did you go to Mt. JingShen!” you heard the King question again.

“I…I’m…I’m sorry…I didn’t…I didn’t know I have caused such a disturbance to your highness,” You spoke hesitantly and got back on your knees to beg while quickly placing your head on the marble floor. You were confused at everything that was occurring. You had no idea who these people were. Continuing you added, “Please just punish me for my wrongdoing. You are a righteous and generous King; I’ll abide by your decisions. I was just in search of the mushroom because my…”

Before you could finish explaining the truth, Grandma Soyi called your name. You lifted your head in shock and looked behind you. King Taemusin’s eyes widened when he saw Soyi walk through Goguryeo Hall’s front doors. Chief Medicine Jung was also as surprised as the King.

Grandma Soyi walked passed you and in front of everyone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter