Run Away

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days had passed and Jungkook was getting bored of the palace until a maid came to serve him tea. After she poured him a cup and set the kettle made with fine clay down she spoke.

“It appears you’re bored…if you don’t mind…I can take you out of the palace tonight.”

Jungkook looked at her and her heart fluttered. The newest prince to Goguryeo was so handsome she couldn’t help herself from falling in love with him. Jungkook broke her gaze and shifted his body turning away from her.

After Yura gave a hesitant smile she continued to persuade Jungkook, “We won’t go far…I know you can’t leave the palace. I’ve been in the palace since I was 14…it’s home to me…I know all the routes…we won’t be noticed.”

When Jungkook heard that she knew the palace well he was convinced. If she could take him out and back in quickly then maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. Besides, he needed someone who knew the place well.

He contemplated and the silence within the room enhanced the sound of Yura’s heart hammering in her chest. She was going to commit the worst crime ever. When her admiration for Jungkook overtook her scheme, she began to reconsider Mobon’s orders. Maybe she could just come forth and reveal the truth to King Taemusin and he would help her. Yura opened to shut down her own idea but before she could say anything Jungkook had agreed to her proposal.

 

Jungkook waited till night crept into the palace to slip out of his quarters quietly. When he saw the guards he clouted each one on their necks and they fell unconscious. He saw Yura at the gates and fixed the unfit maid outfit she had given him earlier while he quickly walked over to her. After Yura flashed the guards her palace seal that hung by her waist they left the palace in a hurry together.

“There’s a river down that way. I’ll show you a short way to and from the palace grounds.” Yura explained and pointed into the woods.

On the way down a trail in the forest Yura wondered what to do. She didn’t want to end up killing Jungkook so she diverted and took him towards a village hoping he’ll blend into the crowd. She walked behind him keeping her ears open for possible intruders. Yura picked up her pace when she heard light footsteps behind her. She felt a hand cover as she struggled to scream. Jungkook turned around and noticed the maid being dragged away. On impulse, he ran after her. When he caught up, he was deep in the woods, unfamiliar to him. F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter