3 Days and 2 Nights

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook opened his eyes and observed the artful ceiling carved with beautiful designs. He looked around and sat up wondering where he was. He noticed the blanket covering him was expensive, made of sarcenet and his pillow a deep green silk.

“What kind of dream is this?” Jungkook asked himself while observing the posh and lavish environment. His clothes, they too were no longer the same outfit he wore from his memories. The neatly pressed dark blue fabric lined with white was soft against his skin. When he remembered you, he yanked off the blanket and got up.

An elderly man walked through the doors as Jungkook’s eyes darted to see who it was.

“You’re up, my name is Chief Medicine Jung,” He took a long bow and paced towards the confused Jungkook. He continued, “You’ve been asleep for 3 days and 2 nights. I’m happy to see you with energy.”

“Where am I?” Jungkook questioned with a bewildered face while thinking to himself How was I asleep for that long? What about you?

Aunt Minseo walked through the door and Jungkook rushed over to her.

“Aunt Minseo, are you ok?” He questioned afraid she had been hurt while he was unconscious. When Aunt Minseo nodded and smiled Jungkook asked, “Where are we? What is this place?”

“Jungkook, you’re still weak. Let’s sit down,” Aunt Minseo suggested nicely as she touched his arm but it only frustrated Jungkook. Why was no one answering his questions?

“Where are we?” He demanded coldly and added, “Where is she?”

“You mean the girl who had these?” Chief Medicine Jung asked and held out two pouches in his left hand. Jungkook looked to realize they were the pouches made from his shirt, his original shirt. He shifted his feet and demanded, “Give them to me.”

“You’re a brave soul; the ashes in here are of the life

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter