It’s No One

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who are you?” Jungkook asked staring at his aunt.

She greeted him with a long bow and looked at him, “I apologize Prince Jungkook. I’ve kept it away from you to keep you safe. My name is Princess Hyeseo, daughter of your grandfather King Taemusin. You are the youngest Prince of Goguryeo.”

“I’m a prince??” Jungkook questioned in disbelief and turned away from her. This was NOT happening. Not only could he not believe Aunt Minseo anymore he is now considered some prince of Goguryeo. He felt angry, confused and upset altogether. Who was he to trust now? Even the one person that mattered to him the most had become someone else.

“Prince Jungkook, when you were brought back to the palace Chief Medicine Jung checked your heart rate and told me that you bear an uneven pace due to ingestion of the phoenix beads. The fruit on Mt. JingShen, in the cave…did you share it with anyone?” Princess Hyeseo inquired with a worried tone.

“Why does that matter,” Jungkook stated uninterested. He was now living in some quarters of his own and felt trapped in the palace. Answering questions were the least of his worries.

“Did you share it with that girl who had your headband on her hair?”

Jungkook sighed and sat down on the chair next to the table. Propping his elbow on the edge of the table he rubbed his familiar headband. He didn’t know how to answer her…he barely knew what was going on himself.

“Jungkook, please don’t ever remove that headband again. It helps protect you from the pain you have been experiencing from your birthmark. It was only after you removed it that you started to feel pain. Do you understand?”

“No! I don’t understand! I don’t understand anything!” Jungkook yelled angrily and tried to walk out of Fazhan Quarters. When he got to the door four guards blocked his way. He glanced at their imperial badges: Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin. He sighed in frustration. If he was such a prince why was he being forced to stay in some place all day? It angered him to feel stuck and restricted. When he felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter