It Must Be In Her

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wounded and in pain, both you and Jungkook headed towards the palace. With one hand, you held onto his arm that was draped around your shoulder. Your other arm wrapped around his bare waist while he limped slowly beside you. When you got to the front gates six guards crossed their spears unwilling to let you and Jungkook through. You pulled out Yura’s maid tassel with your weak and trembling blood-stained hands but the guards shook their heads in disapproval.

The world began to swirl around you and you couldn’t bring yourself to speak. When your surrounding turned black, you loss grip of Jungkook’s body and both you and him fell crashing to the ground. Vulnerable and unable to help each other, you bodies laid there unconscious and stained with his blood.

 

Chief Medicine Jung looked horrifyingly at King Taemusin and Princess Hyeseo.

“What? What is wrong with my Grandson?” King Taemusin demanded.

“His birthmark is gone…he is no longer healing easy like before. I can only detect the phoenix pearls in him but no phoenix spirit.” Chief Medicine Jung stated and pulled the blanket off him to reveal no birthmark on his chest.

“Mobon has captured it,” King Taemusin replied and stood up in anger, “I’m sending the troops, I will be leading them.”

“Father, we don’t know where the phoenix spirit is…the ashes are still glowing in Yaodian Quarters even though the spell broke.” Princess Hyeseo explained and King Taemusin slowly sat back down calming himself.

“Bring me medicine,” Chief Medicine Jung ordered and servants ran in with wooden boxes and plates full of herbs.

“What about the girl?” Princess Hyeseo asked and looked back at you who they had lying on another bed. When they all looked back at your motionless body a twinkle at the quarter doors caught their eyes. They watched in silence, shock, and in fright as the embers of the phoenix floated into the room, swirling and curling in the air.

When the shimmering embers of the phoenix penetrated your body Princess Hyeseo stared at Chief Medicine Jung with stunned questioning eyes hoping he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter