He Was Curious

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stared at the small fire in a daze and crouched hugging yourself in your arms. You were tired, hungry and cold from the muddy water soaked in your pants. Jungkook and you had taken shelter under a huge tree.

You heard him breaking twigs and the fire would spark every time he fed another piece of dried wood to it. He sat across from you with his legs crisscrossed and in silence.

“What if the tree drops?” you asked feeling unsafe. There was technically a possibility of that happening. Who is to say the tree will not fall over or drop from gravity? All the dirt from underneath had vanished and it was held up only by its roots.

“That won’t happen,” Jungkook replied and flicked another piece of wood into the fire.

“How do you know?”

“Because I’ve been here before, many times.”

His comment left you quiet. If there was anything that Jungkook was good at, it was shutting you up with blunt replies.

“Just for the record, if you saw me , I don’t appreciate it,” You finally spat out feeling relief from your emotions of resentment.

“I didn’t,” Jungkook defended himself and looked at you firmly. He added, “I covered you up before looking at your wound.”

You looked at him and although you knew he could be lying, a part of you felt relieved.

 

Jungkook opened his eyes and sat up. The fire had died out and the light of dawn crept through the tree roots casting a shadow on the ground. He thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter