Your Sworn Enemy

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Water splashed onto Jungkook’s face waking him up from a tired daze. His shirt was removed and all he had left was his lavender maid pants on. His hands were chained as well as his feet. His knees kneeled against the freezing floor of the dark room. Footsteps against the pavement sounded and Jungkook blinked his eyes to see who it was.

“Jeon Jungkook,” the thin man stated and laughed. His burgundy gown swept the floor as he paced back and forth, “do you know how long I’ve been looking for you?” Sorcerer Anwon stared at the phoenix mark on Jungkook’s chest.

When he approached Jungkook he yanked the protective headband off and the sudden onset of pain burned throughout Jungkook’s body causing his veins to bulge. Jungkook watched Sorcerer Anwon wave his hands over the headband and laughed with pleasure.

“So this is what they had you wearing to stop pain from your birthmark.”

Jungkook did not respond. He remembered them stabbing Yura and looked at his right shoulder to see nothing although he clearly remembered being shot by an arrow there.

“You have self-healing powers,” Sorcerer Anwon stated and tapped Jungkook’s shoulder, “only more reason to believe you harbor something I need within your body. I’m going to kill you then kill each one of your family members.”

“I have no family,” Jungkook mumbled through his teeth and looked up at the man who was annoying him. Although he had recently learned of his true identity, he grew up with no one but Princess Hyeseo. In his mind, he didn’t have family and he preferred it that way.

Jungkook grinded his teeth as a whip slashed across his chest leaving a raw red mark on him.

 

You jerked from your sleep waking up to a striking pain across your chest and realized it was early dawn. It had only been a few hours since Grandma Soyi talked you out of helping Jungkook. You were surprised you actually fell asleep. You sat up thinking of all the stuff Grandma Soyi told you. It was as if sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter