Tales From The Teahouse

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey!” you yelled out after him and got up. To your surprise your wounds weren’t too painful. You reached for your sword propped up against a boulder and for a moment thought to yourself.

As upset and embarrassed as you were, knowing he may have seen you , a lot of you , you swallowed your pride and forcefully tried to convince yourself to accept what happened. After all, he did “save” you, didn’t he? You tried to reason with yourself, but nothing came out of it. You dashed out from the shadows into the daylight catching up to him.

“Where are you going?” you asked again. Without a response from him you continued, “Do you know where the life-saving white mushroom is?”

Your question stopped Jungkook in his tracks. Jungkook turned to look back at the girl. He didn’t realize how tall he stood compared to her. In the shadows of the pillars in yesterday’s light, it didn’t seem much of a difference.

She was a man then. But today in the light of day under the shining sun she looked feminine and youthful. Loose dark brown hair strands from her grubby bun swayed in the wind and around her face. The stains of dried blood still clung to her clothes and her pale skin was flawless. 

“I don’t,” was all Jungkook said as he turned away to leave.

“Where can I find it?” you questioned in a loud voice so he could hear you. All you got in response was the rushing water of the stream you half-bathed in the day before. A sudden growl from behind you startled you.

You looked and saw a bulky 5-foot saber-tooth liger with pearl glowing fur and black stripes crawl cagily towards you. His movement was silent against the ground and his shoulders shifted with every step he took. His mouth gawked open showing his long jagged fangs.

You should have been terrified! Except, you weren’t. The moment you saw the beast, a sudden magical delight put you in a submissive trance and you did nothing but watch it come closer. It wasn’t until another shattering roar from the Liger jerked you out of the daze that you drew your sword in defense.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter