Some Kind of Joke?

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook followed you down the river holding the water buckets in his hands. By force, he had taken them from you. When you reached the water well he retrieved the water after he demanded you sit and watch.

“Who are you?” you asked curiously.

“Jungkook. King Jungkook,” Jungkook replied.

Your eyes widened and you warned him, “Hey…don’t say that…you can get punished for pretending to be the King…”

Jungkook looked at you and flashed a teeth-revealing smile. Your eyebrows scrunched in reply.

“I’m serious,” you whined.

“There’s no way I’ll get punished because I am the King,” he stated and carefully handled the bucket full water in his arms. You stepped back in confusion and wasn’t sure whether to take his remark seriously or not.

“No…you can’t be the King…you have no guards…” you reasoned with hesitation.

“I do, they’re over there,” Jungkook nodded his head and you slowly looked around to see if you could make out anyone in the woods. Jungkook giggled from your innocent reaction.

“You don’t believe me?” Jungkook asked.

“No. You don’t have anything to prove that you’re the king…”

“Well then,” Jungkook replied and met your eyes, “I’ll have to prove it.”

Suddenly two men dressed in ordinary citizen clothes came over and picked up the buckets full of water. Although they appeared normal, they each had a sheathed sword hanging at their side.

Jungkook noticed the frightened look on your face and stated, “It’s ok. They’re my men.”

Although he had tried to assure you, what he said did not relax you one bit. You quickly reached for the bucket in one man’s arm and asked for it but they only nodded to Jungkook and walked off leaving you empty handed. You watched them disappear into the forest trail in disbelief.

Jungkook called your name shifting your attention back onto him. However when you gave him your undivided attention, he did nothing but stare at you. Only then did you realize how handsome he was. His eyes were round, his nose was high, his lips were flushed with life and his face long. His skin looked smooth reminding you that he was indeed a royal noble man. His beauty marks were light but they grew prominent the longer you stared at him. You bowed your head to remind yourself, that you were nothing but a maid.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jungkook stated and you listened in silence, “Please don’t keep me waiting.”

“I’m sorry I can’t.” you replied and turned around to leave. When you walked through the trail in the woods back home Jungkook followed behind. Although

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter