Never Change Me

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bursting through the King’s quarters, Chief Medicine Jung scrambled over to help King Taemusin up. Blood had spilled all over his golden dragon gown dripping and splattering onto the floor beneath him.

“Where’s Soyi? Bring Soyi to me…” He stated wearingly while steadying himself. After he unexpectedly threw up blood, he feared that she was hurting, or worse, dead. Suddenly, a huge fire raged outside the King’s quarters and maids screamed as they scattered like mice.

“Mobon has declared another rebellion. Protect the King!!!” Chief Medicine Jung yelled loudly while holding onto King Taemusin.

Jungkook ran holding tight to your hand as if you would disappear if he let go. He turned the corner of the now slightly familiar area and when arrows shot from the building tops he pulled you to him as you both hid in a shadowed corner. After a long wait the sound of invaders trotted off into the distance and all you could hear was your own heartbeat.

You pulled away but Jungkook refused to let go. When you looked up at him and saw his beautiful familiar eyes staring back at you, the world fell into a silent setting. Jungkook couldn’t look away. He tried to fight himself, he tried to move away but his body didn’t budge. He cupped your face in his palms, wanting to say something but nothing came out. You shoved him to end the encounter as you turned to leave forcing space between you and the prince.

Jungkook ran after you but when you stopped he did as well. A bloody battleground inside the palace walls was a gruesome scene. Beside Jungkook and you, stood the King, Princess Hyeseo and Chief Medicine Jung. Rows and rows of guards in protective silver armor stood in front guarding you and the rest who stood beside you. Down the long steps at the front gates of the palace Mobon’s soldiers stood, waiting to attack. Your vision and senses began to excel and their names began to glow like before. When you saw Anwon step out from the group of black armored soldiers you heard Chief Medicine Jung curse him.

Anwon had betrayed his own family for power. He caged his own wife to die and used his own daughter to benefit himself. The thoughts and memories of them dying in your arms burned hatred deeper into your heart. When Anwon opened his arms in cockiness you raged with uncontrollable anger. Jungkook grabbed your hand and held tight preventing you, reminding you that you had to remain calm. Just when you tried to obey Jungkook’s unspoken command, Mobon appeared through his soldiers holding Grandma Soyi; his arm locked at her neck. Tears blurred your vision as you stared without a single blink.

Like you, King Taemusin felt the anger in his heart hammer against his chest as he balled up both his fists.

“Taemusin! I will give you a choice!” Mobon shouted from down below, “Between the King’s seat or this filthy woman you love, tell me what you want!”

King Taemusin, although wounded, drew his sword and the armors of his soldiers clanked against each other as they got ready to defend their King. You stared at your grandmother as your heart called out to her, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter