He Was The King

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aunt Minseo handed Jungkook a warm cup of tea, “Jungkook, drink this. It’ll help with your wounds,”

“What wounds? I’m ok,” Jungkook replied. His temper had cooled down after Aunt Minseo explained to him why he was in King Taemusin’s quarters. Apparently someone was out to hurt him. Nothing really made sense but he believed her enough to not argue back.

“Please drink it,”

Jungkook took the cup from his aunt. Inside the cup four whole tea leaves sunk to the bottom. He slowly drank the tea while listening to the palace maids gossip outside. As soon as he heard them mention a girl who was thrown in the King’s jail and how she was being questioned for mushrooms he gulped all the tea, placed the cup down and sprinted out. On his way out he felt his birthmark chill his body.

Aunt Minseo chased after him in a panic.

 

The heat radiating from the metal trinket died out and Mobon Jeon Wang threw his cup of wine against the wall. The cup shattered and the remains of wine drizzled slowly to the floor. Sorcerer Anwon assured Mobon the change in the trinket was only temporary that nothing could stop the presence of a phoenix; not even the strongest spells.

 

Jungkook ran to the two maids dressed in lavender and asked, “Where’s the King? Please tell me.” Instead of answering, the maids stared at him. They were captivated by his charm and couldn’t believe that there was such a handsome young man in the King’s quarters.

“Where is the King?!” Jungkook demanded from the maids. One eventually answered and pointed to her right while calling it the King’s main hall. Without caring for what else the maids had to say he headed in that direction. Aunt Minseo arrived to see the maids staring at each other.

“Where is he!?” She demanded. The maids bowed 90 degrees to her in fear and quickly explained their actions. Without a single word Aunt Minseo, following Jungkook, she headed over to Goguryeo Hall.

 

“Only a few people have survived on Mt. JingShen. Let me see who the brave man that brought back two sacks of medicine could be.” King Taemusin stated firmly and added, “Lift yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter