Mom…It’s Me

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stood by the riverbank of the canal Yura told you about. The air blew your hair and your dress in sync. The rushing waters didn’t sound soothing to your ears at all. Instead, the memories of Yura pleading and speaking echoed in your mind. Taking out the copper piece of metal tucked in your waist you brushed it with your thumb. A shine from the sun bounced off the copper material and just like Yura said, a ghostly bridge grew across the large river. You marched across it unafraid and valiant with fury in your eyes.

 You were upset and raging with anger until you remembered that Yura had begged you to save her mother. The memory of her pleading a promise from you erased the wrath inside your soul. You then treaded quietly with your sword in front of you and tried to observe your surroundings. When you rounded the corner of thick tall bushes, you heard a woman scream. You froze and crouched down to hide yourself.

 

“You’re stupid daughter is dead! I have no reason to spare you!”

“King Mobon! Sorcerer Anwon is ready!” another voice shouted and you waited till the sounds of their presence died out. You peeked out from behind the bushes and cautiously made your way to the huge rocks covered in vines. When you got closer, sure enough there was an older woman bleeding from being whipped sitting on the ground sobbing.

She was looking straight at you while tears streamed down her face washing away the blood droplets on her cheeks. You squatted and waved your hand trying to catch her attention however she did not budge from your presence.

Only when you studied her more did you realize, her eyes, although open, they were white. Her pupils were not black but a light gray as if a thin layer of skin covered it. Don’t tell me she is blind You thought to yourself and quickly pulled out the silver key Yura gave you. You quietly fidgeted the key into the lock. It almost didn’t fit well and you began to grow worried as the hair on your neck pricked in fear. When the key finally slipped into the lock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter