Say something!

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aunt Hye watched the sparks of fire light up Mt. JingShen in terror from her home. When the jade trinket she held in her hand heated she instantly flung her hood over her head and ran out of her home, hurrying over to the palace. On the way, she passed three highly trained soldiers in disguise and knew Chief Medicine Jung was already ahead of her in decision making.

An identical jade trinket in Chief medicine Jung’s hand burned with fire as he and King Taemusin also watched the sparks fly at Mt. JingShen in silence. Without a single word, they knew a phoenix had risen.

Crown Prince Taehyung yanked the band from his bow back ready to release the loaded arrow but stopped when sparks shot up into the sky. He watched it dissipate and without looking he let free the arrow. Right into the center of the target the arrow landed.

“Wow! I guess you are ‘decently’ good,” a girl joked from beside Crown Prince Taehyung and he glanced at her with a smile painted across his face.

 

You and Jungkook collided with cold turf and tumbled downhill. As soon as you could stabilize yourself you ran over to Jungkook and propped him up. He threw up blood while trying to breathe. You stared at him in shock and his eyes opened slightly.

 “I guess…I’ve missed the lantern festival…” Jungkook managed to say.

What the heck? Why was he worried about the lantern festival when he was coughing up blood?? You thought to yourself. But when he stared into the sky you looked up and from above the tree tops flickering lanterns lit up the clear night sky. They floated and danced against the glowing full moon. Distances away, wolves greeted the night with long chilling howls. Usually the sounds of crickets singing calmed you but tonight it was a sad lullaby.

Jungkook’s body began to weigh heavy in your arms. When you looked back at him you noticed your hands were soaked in his blood. His body was bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter