Missing the other

Alliance

Prince Lee Sungmin is the 2nd son of Emperor Lee Seung-hyun. The Emperor's eldest son, Crown Prince Lee Jonghyun, loves his younger brother Sungmin very much, and would always protect him and especially appointed Lord Donghae to be his brother's personal assistant to accompany him wherever he went. 

On the way back from his swimming, Prince Sungmin's mind was still at the waterfall, with that gorgeous hunter called Kyu, with his beautiful smile, velvety voice and friendly manner. He was smiling dreamily when his brother approached their horses.

"You must have been so contented with swimming in the waterfall, to have you smiling like that, Sungmin". 

"Oh Jonghyun-hyung! Ohh yes the waterfall was amazing. You were right, it was a beautiful place. I would like to go there again!!" Sungmin jumped down from his horse and a stable worker took over his horse. He and Lord Donghae walked together with Crown Prince Jonghyun with Donghae walked slightly behind to show his respect. 

"Anytime you want to go, just let Lord Donghae know" Jonghyun look at Donghae. Donghae nodded his head and bow. 

Donghae knew that his Highness' request to go to the waterfall again was due to another reason. 

"Actually Sungmin, father wants to see you. Let's go?" Jonghyun gestured Sungmin to follow him. "Oh no, that marriage talk again" Sungmin signed quietly in his mind. 

"Hyung, you are the Crown Prince. Shouldn't father married you off first? Why me?". 

"Well, maybe because I have a lot of responsibilities, so if I got married, he might lose me or something, I don't know. But you are different. You are cute, sweet, well mannered, and very domestic. You are a better candidate than me" Jonghyun was smiling genuinely at his beloved brother. 

It turned out their father wanted Sungmin to learn martial arts, not discussing about marriage, because Sungmin is more feminine, he scared that he got ridicule by others. So he has his best interest in mind, to have Sungmin equipped with self-defence so that he could protect himself. Sungmin breath a sigh of relieved. He was thankful that it wasn't the marriage talk. He is not ready to be married to a stranger, unless that stranger happened to be...... that gorgeous Kyu!  But sigh, if he's a hunter, surely father would oppose him. Keep dreaming, Sungmin... he scolded himself. 

 

In Sapphire Phoenicia, Kyuhyun was called over to discuss something with his two brothers and their father. Though the 2 warrior brothers prefer to conquer the two neighbouring countries, Kyuhyun proposed to get the 2 countries to be their allied forces. That way, they will have a stronger troop with 3 countries combined power. Kyuhyun is very rational, and his proposal worth thinking about, that was why King Soo Man would always want Kyuhyun to be involved in their discussions. 

"But father, to get a country to be our allied force, need something in return. What would we offer to them?"

"Marriage! In fact I'm planning to send my proposal to Emerald Anatolia and Topaz Quenizoria and Kyuhyun’s proposal fits this perfectly" King Soo Man was smiling happily. 

"Great, Youngwoon-hyung and Jongwoon-hyung, both of you are eligible bachelors. Father, marry them off!!"

"I was thinking of Youngwoon and you, Kyuhyun". 

"What, no way! What about Jongwoon-hyung? Why me?"

"Jongwoon-hyung is in a relationship with your Ryeowook. I've already given him my blessings. I have nothing against Captain Ryeowook. He's good, responsible, well manerred and jovial. Perfect our our quiet Jongwoon".

"Thank you, father!" Jongwoon then smiles and showed his tongue at Kyuhyun. 

"Too bad little brother, you are getting married so that they can be our allied. You suggested it anyway!" Jongwoon teased Kyuhyun. 

"That's not fair! Father, I don't want to get married with someone that I don't know!! I don't know anybody at Topaz Quenizoria. What if they are horrible people... "

"Kyuhyun, I'm in a similar boat as you. At least we can help our country win more battles with the combined allied forces" Youngwoon was telling Kyuhyun. "I don't even know anybody at Emerald Anatolia or at Topaz Quenizoria". 

"Relax, you two. Everything will still be in discussion. Emperor Lee of  Emerald Anatolia has 2 sons. I'm not sure which one he will offer to be married to our family if this plan go through. I would assume the Crown Prince. Similarly, King Park of Topaz Quenizoria has 3 sons. I would assume they will offer the Crown Prince too" King Soo Man was thinking deeply. 

Kyuhyun walked back to his room feeling down. If he was force to marry, then there's no way he could meet Min again. He has himself to blame. Why did he propose alliance instead of following his brothers method to just conquer? Sighing, he plop down on his bed. Min's pretty face image kept coming up in his mind. He smile and close his eyes to cherish the image in his mind. 


Topaz Quenizoria is a rather quiet country and hardly go for war. Though their army were fully trained, they were contended to stay where they were. Their head of country, King Park Jungmin has three sons. Crown Prince Park Yoochun, Prince Park Jungsu, and Prince Park Chanyeol.  The Kingdom lives peacefully but to prepare for future, the king would want one of his son to marry someone from  powerful country to tap on their expertise. 

When King Soo Man send out his invitation to be their allied forces, King Jungmin welcome the news with open arms. He decided to make a trip to Sapphire Phoenicia to introduce his country and his sons. He send his intention to King Soo Man that he will be there during the coming full moon. 


Kyuhyun was in the midst of playing chess with his Youngwoon-hyung when their mother, the Queen, walked into the social hall. Both of them stood up and bow their respect.

"Mother, you should just summon us to see you in your chamber, rather than make a trip here" Kyuhyun to his mother after they all had seated comfortably. 

"It's okay, I love to walk" their mother said smiling. "I want to tell both of you that we have a feast tomorrow night to welcome the arrival of King Park Jungmin and his sons from Topaz Quenizoria. They are coming to introduce their country to us, and of course their marriageble sons. I heard your father said that Topaz Quenizoria is a very wealthy country and getting them to be one of our allied forces has a lot advantages". 

"Yeah, all Kyuhyun's fault. He proposed alliance instead of us conquering their country. So father should marry him off first" Youngwoon teased Kyuhyun. 

"Hyung... You are the eldest, and the Crown Prince. You are everything that they want, a warrior, powerful, good looks, muscular, in fact the best husband material!"

"Awwwww shut up"

"Ok you two. I'm really not sure which one of you father intend to match with one of their sons. We'll go by the ear, ok. Now I want both of you to prepare for tomorrow. Groom yourself and choose the best attire. Youngwoon, find Jongwoon too and tell him about tomorrow's feast".

"I will mother"

"Mother.... i really don't want to get married to someone I didn't know... " Kyuhyun nagged at his mother.. 

"Love can come later, my dear. Who knows the person that you will be marrying is actually your soul mate?" his mother said while smiling gently at him. 

Kyuhyun ponders about this for a moment. If the person he likes is Min, how could somebody else could concur his heart and be his soulmate? 

He had a hunch that Min would be there at the waterfall today. After his mother left and Youngwoon-hyung said that he needed to meet some military officials, Kyuhyun looked for Hyukjae and Ryeowook, and then set off to the Blue Forest, hoping to see Min again. 


"Your Highness, please slow down!" Lord Donghae was trying to catch up Prince Sungmin's galloping horse. 

"Hae, I have a hunch that I will meet Kyu again today. I don't want to miss him again like last week.. "  Sungmin looked backed while talking. 

"Ok but please slow down! We wouldn't want to attract attention from our own hunters in our Green Forest. If you are meant to meet him, you will meet him" Donghae turned back to check to make sure their guards Minho and Kibum were still following closely behind them. 

Sungmin dismounted his horse, walked towards the waterfall, rolled up his pants, and slowly threaded in the water to sit on the rocks. Donghae was tying their horses to a tree while Minho and Kibum remains on their horses to guard them from a distance. 

His prayers were answered. Kyuhyun emerged from behind the bushes and was as surprised as Sungmin that they could really meet again!


When Kyuhyun was riding his horse along the way, Kyuhyun wished against wished that Min will appear. When he was already walking towards the river banks, he heard someone threading the water and hope that it was his Min.  When he saw that it was really his Min, he felt so surreal that he wanted to thank God and all the angels right there and then. 

"Hi Kyu!!! Wow, we meet again!! "

"Hi Min, yes we meet again. I've actually been hoping that we can meet again!  How are you? Is it ok if i go over and sit with you on the rocks? " 

"I'm fine.  Of course you can. We are in the free zone between our two countries! I've been wanting to meet you too. It was nice talking to you and maybe today we can talk longer". Sungmin looked over at Donghae "Oh by the way, Hae, I thought you were dying to meet Hyuk too?" 

"Your... I mean Min! How could you say that!! Errr... Hi Hyuk!"

"Hi Hae! Nice to meet you again. Let's sit on the other rocks?" 

"How often did you go for hunting, Kyu?"

"Usually twice a month, if I'm not busy. Sometimes if I can go, but Hyuk or Wook can't. Oh yes, I have another friend, Wook, which are guarding our horses".

"Ohh ok. If it's not too much to ask, what do you do besides hunting?"

Errr... Kyuhyun didn't want to say the truth, but he didn't like to lie to Sungmin either. 

"I practise my sword and I'm in our state council for any political discussion" which he is, but he don't have to say that he is the Head of the State Council, being the Prince with good brains. 

"Wow, that's great".

"How about you Min. You seemed to be from a well to do family, because you have guards to make sure you are safe"

"Yeah, well, my brother can be paranoid sometimes. He's always think that I cannot protect myself". 

"Min, will you be here again? If there's no urgent matters, I probably will hunt around here again on the first Friday in the following month". 

"I will be here Kyu, if you don't mind meeting me again" Sungmin actually didn't know how long more he could meet Kyu. If his father proceed with the marriage plan, for sure he would not be allowed to roam freely anymore. 

"Of course I don't mind. I want to see you again" Kyuhyun smile at Sungmin. But his mind was full of uncertainties. If his father chose his marriage partner tomorrow night for him, he'll be doom. He would not be able to see his Min again, unless he come up with a plan. He sighed but he hide his uncertainties in front of Min and they continued to talk about almost anything. 

"Kyu, we better go back before Wook come after us screaming away" Hyukjae told Kyuhyun. 

"Oh yes, I forgot about Wook! I'm sorry Min, we have to part ways. I'm so happy today that I can see you. Go home safely and if God permits, we see each other again next month"

"Farewell Kyu. Hunt safely too. Goodbye" Sungmin though sad, tried to hide it with his smiles. He should thank God that he could meet Kyu today. He shouldn't be greedy. The sky turned dark. He should be go too since it's going to be a thunder storm. 

Separately, without Kyuhyun or Sungmin's knowledge, Hyuk had promised Hae to meet again the following week, alone, just  the two of them. And their royal friends need not know about their plan....