Ambushed

Alliance

Kim Gura was more than willing to help. Prince Kyuhyun was his favourite student when the prince previously came to him to learn hunting techniques and learn about different flora and fauna in their forest. He not only like the prince because of his humble nature, but also because the prince was very funny at times, and willing to teach Gura the techniques of swordplay. Kim Gura now could master swords fighting, all thanks to Prince Kyuhyun. 

As timber and logs supplier, Kim Gura would travel to neighbouring countries to deliver orders twice a week, mainly on Tuesdays and Fridays. So when Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Kyuhyun came to see him to materialise their plan, Kim Gura immediately agreed to help. He even willingly offered to leave the disguise plan to him and that all wedding gifts should be wrapped into gunny sacks to be arranged in a compartment under the logs. He requested the wedding gifts to be send to him a day earlier so that he could help to wrap them inside the gunny sacks. 

Before bidding goodbyes, Kim Gura congratulated Prince Kyuhyun on his coming wedding and said that his marriage partner is very lucky to have him. Prince Kyuhyun invited Kim Gura to the wedding if he was still in Emerald Anatolia for his business on that wedding day. The two princes left the place after promising Kim Gura that they would bring all the wedding gifts and attire on Sunday night. 

While walking back to their palace, Kyuhyun turned to his hyung, "Hyung, how was the feeling during your wedding. I know you said it was nerve-wracking but really, how did you feel?" 

"I told you that you should experience it yourself.." Crown Prince Youngwoon laughed at his brother. 

"Please Hyung, you know I can be clumsy sometimes, I want to be prepared so that Prince Sungmin didn't get embarrassed by me" 

Seeing his youngest brother's predicament, Crown Prince Youngwoon couldn't bear to anymore. 

"It was actually mixed feelings. Yes, nerve-wracking most of the time, but at the same time, I feel so beautiful inside my heart and so happy like there are sparkles everywhere around me. And when I saw Jungsu walking at the altar towards me, smiling so sweetly, all my nerve-wracking feelings disappeared and I just couldn't wait to hold Jungsu's hand and recite my wedding vows to him.  It was like 'finally, you are mine' that kind of feelings, and 'finally we are together'. It was really a beautiful feelings, Kyu. And I am sure you will be feeling these feelings far worst than me because both you and Prince Sungmin are hopelessly in love and are inseparable" Crown Prince Youngwoon pat his brother's back. 

"To tell you the truth, hyung, I'm already feeling nerve-wracking inside. I have to divert my thoughts to other things, like the ambush or the disguised plan, so that I will not be totally wreck!!! You see me as calm now, but inside of me are one massive nervousness and I really hope that I will not do stupid things in Emerald Anatolia and especially at the altar" Kyuhyun lamented his predicament. 

"Hahaha, don't worry too much, my dear brother. Once you reached Emerald Anatolia, talk to Prince Sungmin and spend sometime with him. Best if you two could rehearse the wedding vow, so it will help you to be more prepared. And for your first night, believe me, you will naturally know what to do!" 

"Hahaha I think so. Anyway, thanks hyung, I will follow your advice. I will discuss with Prince Sungmin to do a wedding rehearsal so that I will not be too nervous and make mistakes". 

They were near to the palace ground when Crown Prince Youngwoon suddenly change topic "So Kyuhyun, are you ready for Wednesday's wedding trip? You mustn't keep thinking about the wedding so that you are not nervous. Countdown to Wednesday!!!" 

Prince Kyuhyun now realised why his hyung suddenly talked about Wednesday. There were a group of Palace guards walking near them and they turned around and bow to show their respect, which both Princes nodded to acknowledge them. Prince Kyuhyun replied his hyung "Ahhh hyung, yes countdown to Wednesday. I will try to be indifference and focus on the journey so that I don't show my nervousness heehee". 

When they were out of earshot, Prince Kyuhyun asked his brother in a very low voice "Hyung, is the culprit one of them?" 

Crown Prince Youngwoon replied in an equally low voice "I'm actually not sure but you know these guards, they will talk about anything that they heard regarding us, the royal family, so before long, the culprit will heard about it too and will be even more convince about the planned Wednesday's journey, after hearing from Ryeowook and Hyukjae this morning. Let's ask Wook and Hyuk what happened this morning ". 

"I'll find them and we will meet you in your study room" Prince Kyuhyun informed his hyung, who nodded and then they went separate ways. 

Both Wook and Hyukjae updated the Princes that they had set the trap. Ryeowook recognised the palace guard and he purposely discussed with Hyukjae the wedding troop on Wednesday. While walking away, Wook had noticed that the palace guard whispered something to another guard and both looked suspicious. 

Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Kyuhyun proceed with their plans. Prince Kyuhyun and Captain Ryeowook had brought over the wedding gifts to Kim Gura, and had brought back the change of clothings, and passed them to King Soo Man and the Queen, disguising as Gura's family members, to be seated on the cart together with Gura. Major General Hyukjae, Prince Kyuhyun and a standby bodyguard, Captain Yonghwa has another attire each, disguising as Kim Gura's guards and will be riding on horses. 2 of Gura's own guards will follow them from the back. 

Prince Kyuhyun has been briefed by Kim Gura the path that they would be taking. Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Jongwoon both have done a check, the path is off the beaten track, which only regular village folks would use. The path was rough and hilly, so Crown Prince Youngwoon told Hyukjae and Yonghwa to be extra careful and to ensure the Royal family's safety.  Both of them promised that they would guard the Royal family with their lives. 

The day came and they were transported to Kim Gura's house discreetly in a bullock cart which were used to send vegetable supplies to the palace, in early morning.  They arrived in Gura's house safely without any suspicious person following them. 

They were treated home cooked meals and told to rest, before Gura prepared and checked the logs and ensured the wedding gifts were hidden properly in a compartment under the logs. They set off as planned, which from far, the troop looks like Gura's ordinary cart with logs to send to neighbouring country with his men accompanying him. 

At one point in the middle of the forest, they were stopped by an approaching troop who recognised Gura and they exchanged greetings. The men looked at the 3 guards with strange expression as they could not recognise them, but luckily Gura's 2 guards  which were behind, reached them in time to exchange greetings with them. One of the men from that troop seemed to recognise Prince Kyuhyun but decided to keep quiet when the Prince looked down and got blocked by Captain Yonghwa who moved his horse to the Prince side. 

Once the exchange of greetings done, they moved on. It started to drizzle and they still have quite a distance to go. They have to move at a slower pace because of the heavy logs. Gura signalled them to stop so that he could cover the logs, at the same time protecting the wedding gifts from getting wet. 

The men helped Gura with the canvas to cover the logs, and Gura gave the king and queen additional blanket to cover themselves from the rain. However, knowing that Prince Kyuhyun should not be exposed to the rain, King Soo Man volunteered to exchange places with his son, despite strong objections from Prince Kyuhyun himself. In the end, Kyuhyun obeyed his father and sat with his mother on the cart, protected by blanket and canvas from the rain. 

The remaining journey was smooth despite the rough terrain and slippery path. King Soo Man was well protected by Gura's 2 guards who were instructed to move forward to protect the king. The queen kept ensuring that her son was dry but instead of protecting himself, Prince Kyuhyun hugged his mother so that his mother was drier than him! 

They reached Emerald Anatolia's border in late afternoon and Major General Lee Hyukjae informed King Soo Man that he would go to the palace first to inform Emperor Lee of their early arrival. After Hyukjae left, Kim Gura slowly manoeuvred his cart along the villages towards the kingdom's palace territory. 

Before long, Hyukjae was seen riding alongside Crown Prince Jonghyun and Lord Donghae, together with several palace guards. Crown Prince Jonghyun bowed in respect to King Soo Man, and when he saw Prince Kyuhyun, he hugged him and asked whether he was alright. He then escorted the whole troop back to the palace. Prince Kyuhyun was hopeful that Prince Sungmin would come along too, but nevertheless, he reminded himself to be patient. 

In the Palace, Prince Sungmin has mixed feelings. He was happy that his Kyu has arrived earlier than expected, but worried whether the whole troop were unharmed, after hearing Major General Lee Hyukjae's explanation about the planned attack which was the reason they had to resort to disguise. 

He couldn't wait any longer, so he joined his parents in the hall, to wait and welcome the arrival of the entourage from Sapphire Phoenicia. They already knew about the disguised, so when Crown Prince Jonghyun arrived with a troop wearing villagers attire, he immediately recognised King Soo Man, the Queen, and Prince Kyuhyun. Hyukjae then introduced Captain Yonghwa to the Lee royal family, much to the interest of Crown Prince Lee Jonghyun. 

After showing his respect to his soon parents-in-law,  Emperor Lee and the Queen, Prince Kyuhyun saw Prince Sungmin and walked over to hug him. Prince Sungmin cried because he was too happy that his Kyu was unharmed and arrived safely. While the two lovebirds couldn't keep away from each other, King Soo Man introduced Kim Gura to Emperor Lee, and told him that he owe Kim Gura a lot for helping them to arrive safely in Emerald Anatolia. Kim Gura instructed his guards to bring in the wedding gifts but declined Emperor Lee's invitation for dinner as he has to continue his journey to deliver the logs. 

Prince Kyuhyun bid Kim Gura goodbye and hugged him. Gura asked him to take care and gave something to him as a wedding gift, which he whispered to the prince to open it on his wedding night. He pat the prince's shoulder and prepared to leave after bidding everyone goodbye. 

Emperor Lee ushered everybody to the dining hall to have dinner. Lord Donghae, however, asked whether their guests could change attire first as they were wet, in which Emperor Lee apologised and asked Lord Donghae to show their rooms. Of course Prince Sungmin dragged Prince Kyuhyun away with him first, and they discreetly disappeared into Prince Sungmin's room. 

"Kyu!! Are you really ok? Were you caught in the rain? Are you wet? Nobody ambushed your troop? Are you hurt?" 

"Wooah! Slow down my dear Min!! Let me see, yes I'm ok but I do missed you terribly, yes we were caught in the rain but I got extra blanket to cover myself, ermmmm yes I am a bit wet but it's ok, thank God we were not ambushed so the disguised worked remarkably, no, physically I'm not hurt but my head hurt because I was thinking about you all the time" Prince Kyuhyun laughed, then "Ouch... what was that for?".. coz Prince Sungmin smacked him. 

"I was genuinely worried and you make fun out of it" 

"I was telling you the truth my love" Prince Kyuhyun bent down and kissed Prince Sungmin. "And how are you? Nervous for the ceremony? By the way Min, can we have a wedding rehearsal first?" 

"I'm nervous too. I'm scared that I might slipped up on the words or suddenly lost my voice, or fall down or forgot what to say. Yeah, a wedding rehearsal seemed like a good idea!. I will arrange for it tomorrow" 

"Great. Let me change my attire then we can attend the dinner" 

"Ok you proceed to change your attire in my bedroom and wait for me? I go find the priest to arrange for a rehearsal". 

"Ok Min, don't be long" Prince Kyuhyun said while walking into his Min's room. He put his sack down to retrieve a change of clothing. Wow, nice room and smells full of my Min!!, Prince Kyuhyun thought. He had just came out from the changing room when Prince Sungmin walked in. 

"Done! Tomorrow rehearsal at 3 in the afternoon".

"My Min so efficient!" Prince Kyuhyun pinched both his Min's cheek, then kissed him again. 

Prince Sungmin smile sweetly "I forgot to say, welcome to Emerald Anatolia, Kyu! Hmm, you must be hungry by now, let's go for dinner?" 

Meanwhile, the next day at dawn in Sapphire Phoenicia, Admiral Changmin, Admiral Yunho, Prince Jongwoon, Captain Ryeowook, and several other bodyguards were all ready with their disguises. Prince Jongwoon disguised as King Soo Man, Captain Ryeowook as the Queen, Admiral Changmin as Prince Kyuhyun, Admiral Yunho as Major General Lee Hyukjae, and the rest as Palace guards disguised as part of the wedding entourage. 

They set off with Crown Prince Youngwoon sending them off as if sending off the real wedding troop. They had already plan everything, with several of their best warriors hiding in the covered cart which also were used to place all the 'wedding gifts'. 

Crown Prince Youngwoon prayed that they would managed to defeat the culprits if they were ambushed. He was sad that he could not be with them but guarding his palace is his top priorities now. Together with Prince Jungsu and other trusted palace officials, they need to stay behind to protect the Palace. 

The wedding entourage went through the open path meant for regular travellers between neighbouring countries. As they were approaching a bridge, suddenly a large group of armed warriors came out of nowhere and surrounded the entourage. Prince Jongwoon did a quick calculations and he turned to Admiral Changmin to signal to him that they might be outnumbered. Admiral Changmin signal to Prince Jongwoon and Admiral Yunho that they would proceed to fight. 

Even with the guards that were previously hiding, they were indeed outnumbered by warriors from Opal Whittoria. Prince Jongwoon signalled to his team that they would fight till the end. Suddenly another large group of warriors emerged, marching towards them.....