The Prince is sick

Alliance

They were galloping away not because of the drizzling rain, but because the two of them need to get as far away as possible from Ryeowook's endless nagging. 

"Wook, just stop it. We need to hurry back, it's going to be a thunderstorm" Kyuhyun looked back at Ryeowook who's wearing a 'look can kill' expression. 

"Yeah it's all your fault, Your Highness! If you two didn't take so long, we wouldn't be stuck in this rain! I'm going to complain to Jongwoon"

"Wook enough! Be quiet"

"You are lucky you are the Prince, I will forgive you this round. But I won't forgive Hyuk! "

"Heyyy that's not fair! I was the one reminded Your Highness that we need to get back" Hyukjae was complaining while looked up because of  sudden thunder "oh gosh, we are so going to be drench!" 

The rain got heavier and they have no choice but to keep going as there were no shelter from the thunderstorm. Prince Kyuhyun started to sneeze and Ryeowook started to get alarmed. Jongwoon has informed him before that Kyuhyun's body couldn't take rain. He would surely fall sick. 

"Your Highness, please cover your head. Use your jacket" Ryeowook shouted in the rain. 

"No time. Just keep going. We are already approaching the village"

"Your Highness, maybe we should stop for shelter once we are in the village, you need to be away from the rain" Hyukjae shouted too. Both he and Ryeowook would automatically reverted to calling Kyuhyun 'Prince' or 'Your Highness' once they are travelling back to Imperial grounds. They know their limits, eventhough Kyuhyun would prefer them to be informal all the way, but he's still a  Prince. 

The prince sneezed again. "Aisshhh I'm catching a cold" Kyuhyun sighed. The prince decided not to stop since now they had reached the Imperial palace territorial boundary and so there's no point to stop somewhere. He just need to take a hot bath and keep himself warm. And there's the guests from Topaz Quenizoria to attend to. He cannot fall sick. 

"Hyuk, I'm getting worried for the Prince. His weakness is rain. We should just stay in the Blue Forest until the rain died down"

"I should have sense that it was going to be heavy downpour. I promise you if Prince Kyuhyun fall sick, I will stay by side to make sure he is back to health. I'm sorry Wook, I should have reminded him to leave earlier". 

"What are you two whispering about? Walk faster, I'm shivering" they had reached the stables and they enter the palace though the servants quarters. The servants all bow to respect the Prince. 

"Your Highness, I got this thick towel from the laundry. Drab it over your shoulder first" Hyukjae helped him to wrap it around his shoulders. 

"You are right, it's warm. Thanks Hyuk. Wook, can you ask the chambermaid to get ready a hot bath for me? "

"Right away, your highness" 

"You two, have your hot bath too"

"Yes we will, your highness" Hyukjae bow to him when Kyuhyun pass by him to enter his room. 

Major General Lee Hyukjae regarding Prince Kyuhyun as his brother. They have been playmates since young and he is very happy to be appointed the Prince personal bodyguard. Together with Captain Ryeowook, they are very close outside the palace and both of them care a lot and look after the Prince very well.

Once Prince Kyuhyun had done with his bath, he dressed in a thick clothing and emerge from his bedroom, sneezing. 

"Kyu, were you caught in the rain? I told you so many times not to ride in the rain. You are catching a fever and a cold. I will call for the physician" his brother, Crown Prince Youngwoon, who happened to pass by, saw him sneezing. 

"I'm ok hyung. Just a mild cold. I'll be ok in a while". 

"Still, it's good to let the physician check on you. Stay in your room, I'll bring in the physician". 

"Okayyy"

"Ryeowook, can you find Jongwoon and asked him to look after Kyuhyun. I'll go get the physician"

"Yes, your highness"

"Hyung, Hyuk can take care of me, don't have to bother Jongwoon-hyung"

"Jongwoon can discipline you better and you will not go against him. Hyukjae, you caught in the rain too, are you ok? I get the physician to check on you and Ryeowook too". 

"Thank you, Your Highness. But I'm ok, don't worry about me. I'll stay here until His Highness Prince Jongwoon arrived".

"Ok, thanks, Hyukjae" Youngwoon left the room to get the physician.  Kyuhyun is shivering badly now and he sneezed again. 

"Your Highness, lie down. I go get a glass of warm water with honey". 

"thank you"

Kyuhyun's fever was high and he's down with flu. The physician gave him some herbs to take and he needs to drink more warm water. 

Kyuhyun felt better the next day, so he helped his brothers to supervise the hall and dining for the guests. When the feast was going to start, he felt himself shivering again but he brave his fever in order to be by his father's side to be introduced to the royal family of Topaz Quenizoria. His mother looked at him with concern and whispered to the King that Kyuhyun wasn't feeling good. 

The 3 sons of King Park Jungmin have good looks and well mannered. The crown prince, Park Yoochun is very quiet and reserved, while his brother Prince Park Jungsu is the opposite of him. He is the talkative one and smiles a lot. He looks great with his dimple and seemed to be interested with Youngwoon, who returned his smiles everytime Prince Jungsu turned to him. Kyuhyun prefers the youngest, Prince Park Chanyeol because he looked playful. He can be his playmate anytime. 

While they were having their feast, King Soo Man received a green scroll from one of the guard. When he read the message in green scroll, he smile and turned to his wife. The Queen then turned to Youngwoon and he raised his brows in surprised. Youngwoon then informed Jongwoon and Kyuhyun that Emperor Lee Seung-hyun of Emerald Anatolia wished to visit them 2 nights from today. Sighing, Kyuhyun mumbled to himself "another feast... and I'm sick"... 

The feast for King Jungmin and his sons were considered successful as both monarchs agreed to be in allied forces and will discuss about their children's marriages soon. Before they left, Prince Jungsu turned to Crown Prince Youngwoon, smile and waved at him. Kyuhyun laughed at him and said that's settled then. Crown Prince Youngwoon to wed Prince Jungsu. Youngwoon smacked him but in his heart, he is happy if his father chose him to marry Prince Jungsu. 

Kyuhyun's fever worsen the next day and the physician was called again. He was asked to take more herbal medication, to have complete bed rest and to be sponged with wet cloth to bring down his fever. Prince Jongwoon was concerned because Kyuhyun was supposed to attend the feast with Emerald Anatolia royal family, and he don't think Kyuhyun could recover by then. 

Seeing the situation, the Queen has to think fast. One way is for them to postpone Emperor Lee Seung-hyun's visit, or they proceed without Kyuhyun in attendance. When consulted, King Soo Man decided to proceed with Youngwoon and Jongwoon only. Ryeowook can help Jongwoon but Hyukjae need to look after the sick Kyuhyun. 


"I can't believe it the visit to Sapphire Phoenicia is tomorrow! How can father decided it without consulting us?" Sungmin was ranting to his brother. "Hyung, you are ok with it?" 

Prince Jonghyun sighed "When  father has decided, nobody need to be consulted. You know him. Think of it this way, the faster the better right? At least you know who are your future life partner will be" 

"I still hate it hyung".

"Come, let's choose your attire and robe. You need to look your best"

"I don't want " Prince Sungmin stubbornly wine... 

"Come...." Prince Jonghyun pulled his brother's hands. Prince Sungmin relented as he knew his brother always wants the best for him. 


The royal family of Emerald Anatolia arrived before sunset, and were greeted warmthly by King Soo Man and the Queen. Emperor Lee Seung-hyun introduced his eldest son, Crown Prince Lee Jonghyun, and his 2nd son, Prince Lee Sungmin. King Soo Man introduced his Queen, then Crown Prince Youngwoon and his second son, Prince Jongwoon. He informed the royal family with regrets that his youngest son, Prince Kyuhyun, is down with fever and cold, so unable to be here. 

Ryeowook stood near the two families holding the manuscript for both royal leaders to agree to be allied forces. King Soo Man introduced Captain Ryeowook to the royal family and mentioned that he is also Prince Kyuhyun personal bodyguards. The two Kings then start their discussions on agreements to be allied forces. 

Prince Sungmin was trying to see whether his gorgeous hunter Kyu, or Kyu's friend, Hyuk, would just happened to be around in the palace, but he reminded himself that how could hunters be here, and dismissed the idea. He looked at the 2 Princes, the Crown Prince is handsome but warrior looking, but the 2nd Prince look quite alright. He wondered how does the 3rd Prince looked like. 

Prince Sungmin actually like this place. The people are warmth and proud of their country. He don't even mind staying as a Commoner, if he can be with Kyu..... Prince Jonghyun nudged him to concentrate on what the two kings were discussing. 


Back in his room, Prince Kyuhyun was feeling uneasy. He didn't know why. He felt that he has let his father's down by not appearing together with the family. But he got no energy to even move. He felt so tired and has no appetite. Hyuk even offered to bring nice food for him and feed him personally but Kyuhyun just don't feel like eating, though he imagine if it was Min who feed him, he would swallow anything, appetite or no appetite. 

He fell asleep and only woke up when he heard Ryeowook's exciting voice telling Hyuk that the royal family from Emerald Anatolia has accepted the King's invitation to stay the night!