3rd Prince met the 2nd Prince

Alliance

Prince Kyuhyun woke up feeling groggy and thirsty. He sensed that it must be late at night because of Hyukjae's loud snoring on the sofa nearby. And why is Hyukjae sleeping here? Ohh I was sick, the prince remembered. He also recalled waking up for a while due to Ryeowook's noisy chattering but couldn't deduce what he was talking about. He must be exciting about something. Maybe Jongwoon-hyung's turtles laying eggs or something... 

He felt cold, so he wrapped himself with his thick cloak and looked for his slippers. He quietly walked out of his room to look for water. He knew his mother would always asked the servant to put a jug of fresh boiled water in the dining hall in case any of them wanted to drink after their late night discussions or just felt like drinking. 

On the way to the dinning hall, the prince saw that the guest rooms' social area lights were still on. Maybe Youngwoon-hyung is there? Sometimes his hyung's just want to find a quiet place to draw up battle strategy alone. He walked towards the social area to greet his hyung. 

"Youngwoon-hyung? 
Ohh I'm so sorry.... " Kyuhyun realised the person in the room was not his hyung.

They were staring at each other for a while and both of them were dumbfounded. 

" Min?? "

"Kyu??? What are you doing here? And at this hour?"

"I.... what are You doing here? How did you know this place..." Prince Kyuhyun was as confused as Prince Sungmin. 

"Wait a minute, wait a minute. You are Prince Kyuhyun? The third prince? The one who was sick? "

"Yes.... You know who am I?" 

"Oh my goodness! You are Prince Kyuhyun!" Sungmin close his hands on his mouth as he just couldn't believe it. And what a scene. Kyu walked in with dishevelled look and looking so innocently surprise. But utterly gorgeous and handsome nevertheless. 

"Min, I don't understand. What's going on? I woke up and saw the room was still lighted and I thought my hyung was still up. But you are here instead..... Ohhhhhhh, Oh my god" Prince Kyuhyun just remembered the guest from Emerald Anatolia which now his groggy mind managed to recall and piece together what the hell Ryeowook was chattering about.  "You are one of the two Princes from Emerald Anatolia! "

"Ahh... I think we better start all over again. Ermmmm, Hello, I'm Prince Lee Sungmin from Emerald Anatolia. I'm the 2nd son of Emperor Lee Seung-hyun" Prince Sungmin extended his hand, smiling sweetly.

Prince Kyuhyun accepted his hand and smile "I'm Prince Kyuhyun of Sapphire Phoenicia, third son of King Soo Man. I'm sorry I couldn't attend tonight's feast as I was having a bad fever"

"Oh yes, how are you now? Are you feeling better?" Prince Sungmin asked full of concern. 

Prince Kyuhyun was happy that his Min was very concerned.... "Fever is down I think but I'm feeling very cold and thirsty" Prince Kyuhyun shivered. Sungmin quickly pour him a glass of warm water that the palace servant had place here in the room for the guest. Kyuhyun accepted the drink and thanked him. "But Min, I'm sorry I didn't tell you who I am when we met at the waterfall. But I'm really glad that we both got to know each other first, because if our parents chose us to be married, now it will be something that I will look forward to". 

Prince Sungmin smile shyly "Kyu, now that I know who you really are, I also hope that my father will decide my marriage partner is you, and not your brother. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against him personally, but I actually don't like marrying somebody that I don't love. Even just now during the feast, I was thinking of you only. I was sad that I know that unlikely a hunter like you would be in the palace, and that I couldn't see you anymore if father and King Soo Man already decided to marry me off to one of the princes. I couldn't sleep, that's why I am still here". 

"Min, are you saying that you like me too? I can't get rid of you from my mind. I wanted to see you again and again, and I was disappointed too that my father was planning to marry me off to Emperor Lee Seung-hyun's son. It's a great turn of event, isn't it? Who knows, because your father decided to stay for the night, and that you couldn't sleep, we got to meet!"

"Yes Kyu, I like you very much. I want to see you again and again too" Prince Sungmin said shyly. 

Prince Kyuhyun walked over to Prince Sungmin and hugged him. He felt better already because his medicine is here. 

"Kyu, your body are still so warm, have you taken any medication?" Prince Sungmin said full of concern. 

"I haven't this evening, because I have no appetite to eat. The physician said to take the herbs after food".

"Come here, there are some honey bread here. Let me feed you. After that, you can take your medication" Prince Sungmin pull Prince Kyuhyun's hand to follow him.  Prince Kyuhyun was thinking even if there's no food, once his Min said 'come here', he would gladly come. If he's too sick to walk, he would just roll on the floor to go to him. 

Eating bread from Prince Sungmin's hands was the most delicious he had ever tasted. Prince Kyuhyun was thinking if his Min feeds him plain flour,  he would have finished it too. Prince Kyuhyun then walked back to his room to get his medication and noticed that Hyukjae didn't move an inch. He quietly tip toe back to where his Min was. 

"Hyukjae must be too tired sponging me this afternoon, he slept like a log. Luckily he covered his feet, else my whole room would smell like his smelling feet" Prince Kyuhyun open up his medication and Prince Sungmin poured more warm water in the mug. 

"Ohh, so Hyuk is Major General Lee Hyukjae?"

"Yeah, did father introduce him too? "

"Yes he did later during the dinner. His Highness said that besides Captain Ryeowook, his 3rd son has another bodyguard who stayed to take care of him".

"Is Hae here too? " 

"No, Lord Donghae couldn't come along because he needs to guard my mother and our palace since all 3 of us are not there".

"I see. Hyukjae must be disappointed" Prince Kyuhyun said while taking the herbs which Prince Sungmin feed him. He can get used to this, if his father decided to marry him off with Min. The herbs are not his medicine. Prince Sungmin is. 

"Kyu, you are shivering. Lie down on my bed, I can sponge you"

"Min, I'll be ok. I just need to get some rest".

"How did you fell sick? "

"I was caught in the rain after seeing you. My body could not take the rain, I don't know why. Mother said I was like that since young. I will fall sick whenever I was caught in the rain. Other than the rain, I'm fine even if I swim across the ocean". 

"Lie down. I keep you warm. Then you can go back to your room" Prince Sungmin said innocently. His main concern is for Prince Kyuhyun to get better, without realising what he's taking about. 

"Min, are you serious? We will be lying down on one bed... "

"We are not doing anything wrong. Besides, once you are ok, you will go back to your room". 

"What if I got too comfortable and only woke up in the morning? It will be a disaster if your brother or father found us together.. "

"Don't worry, Kyu, I will wake up early to wake you up, and you can go back to your room before anybody wakes up" Prince Sungmin smile. He pull Prince Kyuhyun and tugged him on his bed. Then he lie down besides him. Prince Kyuhyun moved a bit to make room for Prince Sungmin and put his arm under his Min's head. It felt so wonderful, especially when his Min turn facing him, put a wet cloth on his forehead, and wrap his arms around his waist. He felt like he's in heaven and fell asleep peacefully after seeing his Min's face smiling at him. 

Prince Sungmin turn the wet cloth over to sponge his Kyu's forehead again, and then change the cloth to put a fresh wet cloth on his forehead. After putting that, he close his eyes and fell comfortably asleep.   He never imagine that he would be laying in his Kyu's arm tonight. Thank you, God, for answering my prayers, Prince Sungmin thought. 

Over at Kyuhyun's bedroom, Hyukjae woke up and glance at his Highness bed. He saw that the 'lump' was still sleeping. He stretched and turned over and dozed off again. His snoring were louder than just now because now he's dreaming of meeting Hae. The 'lump' was actually Prince Kyuhyun's bolster. The Prince left the bolster there when he took the medications. 

Crown Prince Lee Jonghyun woke up early the next day to wash up and wanted to seek permission if he could  walk around to see the palace grounds. He was thinking of waking up his brother to walk with him too because he knew Sungmin is a morning person. 

He started walking towards Prince Sungmin's room to wake him up. When he passed by the Social hall, he felt strange why there were some herbal medications on the table. Thinking that his brother might be sick,  he fasten his steps towards Prince Sungmin's room. 

He halted when he was about to wake his brother up... He took out his sword to get ready to strike the intruder...