The dangerous dagger

Alliance

Though Prince Kyuhyun's injury was not too serious, he found it difficult to raise his arm without scruching in pain. He couldn't practice his swords fighting which made him depressed. Seeing him like this, and as it was near to their combine wedding, King Soo Man told him to rest instead of practicing. 

Prince Kyuhyun felt so weak, which baffled him. Was there something on that dagger which made him weak? He has been stabbed a few times before, but this round he couldn't even lifted up his arm. 

Prince Sungmin went to find Captain Ryeowook to ask him whether they could get the physician to come again as Prince Kyuhyun body became weak. 

After hearing Prince Kyuhyun's condition, Captain Ryeowook suspected that the dagger was laced with some form of mild drug which weakened the body when the drug mixed with body fluid. His suspicious were proved correct after the physician inspected Prince Kyuhyun thoroughly.

Alarmed, Prince Sungmin enquired whether there was any remedy because there was no way for them to know what further damaged it would caused to Prince Kyuhyun's body. The physician said that he would need to refer to his books before he could come back with a effective remedy, because he never encountered this before.

Captain Ryeowook himself was searching his brain trying to remember what was the drug that the Opal Whittoria warriors smeared on their dagger. Somehow, some scenes flashed on his mind. He recalled his father did use a sawdust mixed with Monkswood, where, all parts of the plant, especially the roots, are full of an alkaloid that can paralyze the nerves of pain, touch and temperature if applied to any mucous membrane.

He quickly find the physician and told him what he could remembered. The physician thanked him and with this information, he was able to find a suitable remedy. Both of them quickly went back to Prince Kyuhyun’s room. Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Jongwoon were there too after hearing the news from Major General Lee Hyukjae, who got the news from Captain Ryeowook earlier.

Captain Ryeowook told them what he could remember and now thankfully, the physician could find a remedy. The physician asked for a teaspoonful of mustard, mixed in a teacupful of warm (not hot) water and honey. He got Prince Kyuhyun to drink this mixture and to rest, and informed Prince Sungmin to give the same mixture 4 more times.

Prince Sungmin changed his husband's wound dressing and put his Kyu's head on his lap, and weaved his hands through his husband's hair lovingly. Prince Kyuhyun smiled at his loving husband and drifted into sleep. Prince Sungmin wondered confusedly why did Opal Whittoria repeatedly wanted to harm them? What did they do to make the Opals hate them?

It was only the next afternoon, Prince Kyuhyun was feeling better and was able to walk around. Crown Prince Youngwoon wanted to cancel the wedding rehearsal so that his brother could rest more, but Prince Kyuhyun told him that he was ok to proceed.

"Kyu, are you really ok?  You still looked tired. Maybe I should prepare 1 more glass of the remedy mixture?" Prince Sungmin said to his Kyu after seeing him still looking lethargic.

"I am feeling better, my love. Yes, maybe 1 more glass of that mixture? Or should I get Wook to do it?"

"It's alright, Ryeowook had shown me how to do it. I'll be right back" Prince Sungmin kissed his Kyu and walked out to the palace kitchen.

"Prince Sungmin! Wait up! How is Prince Kyuhyun?" Captain Ryeowook appeared from behind him.

"Ohhh Ryeowook. He is better, thankfully, but I was thinking to make 1 more glass of that remedy mixture so that he has more energy to walk, for our wedding rehearsal later".

"Come, your highness, let's prepare it together. You should make more, maybe in a bottle, so that he could have it for tonight too"

"Alright, thank you, Ryeowook" 

"No problem, your highness. And you can just call me Wook" Captain Ryeowook smiled and opened the kitchen door for the prince. 

While they were preparing the mixture, Prince Sungmin asked "Wook, so when are you going to settle down with Prince Jongwoon?" 

"Hmmm, frankly speaking, I prefer to defeat Opal Whittoria first before I think of settling down. My family was related to the former king and I wanted to revenge their death because TOP killed and wipe out the whole royal family" 

"TOP?" 

"That's what they call him. He's real name, hmm, let me see, Major General Choi Seung-hyun. Yup that's his name"

"I heard of that name before and I think I met him once" Prince Sungmin was deep in thoughts, and then added "Oh yes, I was attending a martial arts competition for all Royal Princes in Alexandrite Thamizia, and this guy was refused entry because he was not from a royal family. But he force himself in and threatened the officials, so eventually they allowed him to compete".

Prince Sungmin continued "He sat next to me and though I ignored him most of the time, he was nice to me and tried making some conversation. He even cheered very loudly when I won the first 2 rounds of the competition. I didn't know that he was the ruler of Opal Whittoria!"

"Yes well, you were lucky he didn't harm you at that time. He's evil and ruthless. He don't care about anything as long as he gets what he want" Captain Ryeowook said, and added "Alright, we are done with the mixture. Give Prince Kyuhyun a glass at a time, and he should be feeling much better by end of today" Captain Ryeowook smiled happily at Prince Sungmin. 

"Thank you, Wook! Can you accompany me back to our room? I don't want to walk alone". 

"Sure your highness, let's go" 

Indeed, Prince Kyuhyun felt much better after drinking the mixture that his Min made for him, and they proceed with the wedding rehearsal. 

Meanwhile, Taeyang mingled around with the villagers on the folks market area, and started making conversation with a young man. 

"Say, I can't wait for the double wedding! I wouldn't missed it and we should all celebrate it together with the royal family" Taeyang said. 

"Yes, we love our king and the royal family. We surely line up along the streets to see them"  the young man said. 

"So, the double wedding still on, right, 2 weeks from now?" Taeyang purposely asked, to get confirmation. 

"Yup, 2 weeks from now". 

Taeyang bid goodbye to the young man and hurriedly returned back to the hut to inform Seungri what he has find out. They then planned to throw flowers when the carriage with Princes Sungmin and Kyuhyun passed them and when the 2 princes fainted after smelling the flowers laced with drugs, they would then kidnapped Prince Sungmin and stabbed Prince Kyuhyun so that he wouldn't fight them back. 

The wedding rehearsal was a success. Crown Prince Youngwoon kept asking whether Prince Kyuhyun was feeling better and ensure that he sat down as and when he can. The wedding would now proceed as plan, which would be in two days time.