Targeting at who?

Alliance

When both Prince Kyuhyun and Prince Sungmin fell to the ground, the whole troop was shocked and the royal brothers and closed officials quickly ran to them.

Ryeowook inspected them "Their food in the cabin must have been drugged too!" 

"Quick, let's bring them into the cabin. I know how to  overwrite the password to enter it" Crown Prince Jonghyun instructed. They carried them into the cabin after Crown Prince Jonghyun managed to open the door. 

"Wook, can you check the Opal Whittoria guards' pocket whether there are any antidote?" Prince Jongwoon asked Ryeowook quietly. Ryeowook nodded, and then signalled to Hyukjae to help him, and they moved towards the guards to pretend to take their swords and guns but actually they did their searching. They have to be on guard as there might still be one or two Opal Whittoria's guard around pretending to be Emerald's guard. 

Ryeowook found both tubes of the drug and the antidote. He recognised which is which  because his father used to show him. He signalled to Hyukjae and they passed the swords and guns to a trusted guard and then walked into the cabin. 

Quickly, Ryeowook informed the rest of what he had found and poured the antidote into 2 small glasses. He passed one glass to Crown Prince Jonghyun and pass the other glass to Prince Jongwoon. Both princes managed to be revived and Prince Jongwoon told them that their food were most probably has been drugged too. The conclusion is, the food must have been drugged even from the palace before they were brought to here. This was very alarming as the palace need to be informed as soon as possible. 

"Let's go back to the palace. Donghae, please inform our guards to dispose the enemies' bodies. And some of them to go back with us now"

"Yes, your highness" 

"Hyung, I packed our things now and then we can go" Prince Sungmin got up and wanted to move to their bedroom. 

"Min, I'll do it. You stay here and rest a bit" Prince Kyuhyun stopped his Min and wanted to go and pack instead. 

"Kyu, I'm sorry that I didn't check our food. Else we wouldn't have been drugged" 

"Heyyy, you wouldn't know right. You are not at fault at all" Kyuhyun said while pulling his Min into his arms. 

Prince Jongwoon signalled to Ryeowook and Hyukjae to help Prince Kyuhyun. Prince Kyuhyun led his Min to sit on the sofa, kissed his forehead and then walked into his bedroom, with Ryeowook and Hyukjae walking closely behind. 

"Your Highness, we'll help you to pack. You might still be groggy because of the drug. Sit down and just tell us what to pack" 

"Thanks Hyuk. I feel like floating. Strange that we didn't taste anything different or weird when we ate this morning" 

"Maybe because the drug is tasteless and blended well with the food's original taste. It's not lethal, it was just used to knock out the victim so that they didn't  know what had happened" Ryeowook explained while putting the newlyweds stuff neatly into the bag. 

"Probably their aim was to knock out everybody and then kidnapped both you and Prince Sungmin away. And Emerald guards will get the blame because they didn't know what happened" Hyukjae said, while locking the bags. 

"Ok done. Let's go. Your Highness, can you walk?" Ryeowook looked at Prince Kyuhyun with concern because he looked very tired. 

"I can, thanks, Wook. I am more concerned about Min. I think he still feel guilty for preparing the food and still feel bad that he didn't realised that it was drugged" 

"He wouldn't know, so he shouldn't blamed himself" Ryeowook said, patting Prince Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

The royal team left the cabin with the first group of guards while the others left at the site cleaned up the bodies and disposed the food. 

Once they reached the palace ground, they quickly updated the kings and officials about the drug in the food which they suspected it was done before the food supplies left the palace because the food to the cabin were separated and sealed and were not mixed with the food for the guards. 

Emperor Lee was upset with the turn of event. He apologies to King Soo Man because his kitchen staff did not inspect the food properly. King Soo Man dismissed whatever he said because nobody would have known about it. 

"Father, if we traced back from starting point when Opal Whittoria first attacked us, it was always Sapphire Phoenicia which was their target. But when we came here, they started infiltrating Emerald Anatolia. They even planned to ambush our wedding troop on our way here before the wedding which luckily we disguised ourselves and went a day earlier. My deduction is, it's me that they are targeting" Prince Kyuhyun gave his thoughts. 

They were all sitting in the dining hall having their tea and were discussing about the attacks from Opal Whittoria. 

"To be honest, I'm really stump, Kyu. But what you said make sense, because it seems that they knew about the wedding and the attacks were all targeting at where you are" King Soo Man said thoughtfully. 

"Precisely" Prince Kyuhyun said. 

"But Kyu, why would they target at you? What do they want?" Prince Sungmin said with a worry look. If what his Kyu said was true, this means his Kyu's life would be in danger.  And he wouldn't allow that. 

"I really have no idea. I don't think I have any enemies in Opal Whittoria" 

"Your highness, could it be because we killed the whole troop during their first attacked near the shore?" Ryeowook suggested. He was stumped too. At first he thought Opal's target was him, because he defected to Sapphire Phoenicia. But it doesn't seemed like it because he wasn't there at the cabin when the food spiking happened. 

"Could be, Wook" Kyuhyun said deep in thoughts, and he continued "and they didn't attacked Topaz Quenizoria during Youngwoon hyung's wedding too, because I wasn't there".

"Alright, I think we will proceed with our meeting in Sapphire during the grand wedding. However, may I suggest we change the date of the grand wedding, and only the people in this room will know?  We need to fool the Opals" King Soo Man suggested. 

King Park chipped in "We can plan for 2 festivities. One is the double wedding, which the date will not be announced and should be earlier, and then on the actual original date of planned ceremony. But no weddings, we can just think of something" 

 "Heyyy, Soo Man, isn't that date your birthday too? Then instead of the wedding, we celebrate your birthday!!" Emperor Park said excitedly. 

"Yes, father, that is a good idea!! We proceed with the planned date but no double weddings on that date, but a birthday celebration" Prince Jongwoon agreed. "And we will still have the meeting on that day too". 

"Very well, it is set then. The double wedding will be 2 weeks from now, and the published date, which is a month from now, will be my birthday celebration. We have one small problem, though. The villagers would expect to see the wedding couples" King Soo Man said. 

"I think we can just use 'word of mouth' to spread the news, that there won't be a parade. We can think of something later" Prince Kyuhyun offered his views. 

"Alright, why don't you and Sungmin go to your room and rest for a while before joining us again for dinner?  You just recovered from the drugs, so do drink plenty of water" Emperor Lee told the newlyweds. 

"Yes father" Prince Kyuhyun got up and bowed politely to Emperor Lee, then to his father, and then to the rest. Prince Sungmin did the same, and then together, they left the dining hall. 

"Kyu, after the double wedding, why don't we secretly come back here? I feel safer if nobody knows that we came back here, rather than staying at Sapphire. I'm scared that the enemies would try other methods to harm you if we are still there. When everything are back to normal, we can move back to Sapphire " Prince Sungmin suggested to his Kyu. 

"I need to get to the bottom of this my dearest Min. I need to stay at Sapphire for a while until we manage to sort things out. Yes I actually prefer you to stay here, which is safer, but I need to be at Sapphire to plan the attack to Opal Whittoria"

"What? And be apart from you? No..." 

"It's just for a while until we can achieve victory" 

"No, Kyu, I can't. I cannot be away from you. I want to be with you. Then, I will stay with you in Sapphire Phoenicia" 

"Min dearest..." 

"No, I don't want to be away from you" 

"But you are safer here, just like what you said. And they are targeting at me, so I don't want you to be in danger by being with me" 

"No, Kyu...." Prince Sungmin started sobbing. 

"Look at me.. " Prince Kyuhyun lifted up his Min's face. "I love you with all my heart. And I don't want to put you in any danger. I will come back to you, I promise. It is just for a short period of time after our double wedding with hyung. After the enemies had been defeated, we will be back in each other's arms"

Prince Sungmin sobbed. He didn't want anything to happen to his Kyu. Prince Kyuhyun pulled him into his arms and hold him tightly.

"Don't worry too much my dearest Min. Father might not even allow me to go to the battlefield. But I still need to be with my brothers to plan the attack" he explained to his Min while rubbing his back to calm his sobbing. "Alright, you stay with me until a decision is made, ok? If father don't allow me to go to the battle, we will come back here. If father allows me to go, then I want you to come back here to wait for me. Will that be ok?" Kyuhyun pulled his Min slightly away from him to see his face. Through his watery eyes, Prince Sungmin nodded and Prince Kyuhyun pulled him back into his arms. 

He love his dearest Min so much. He just want all these attacking to stop and let him and his dearest Min to live happily ever after. Why are they targeting at him, he is still trying to find the answers...