Decision...

Alliance

The sound of steel woke Prince Kyuhyun up. Trained to be one of the best swordsman in Sapphire Phoecinia, Prince Kyuhyun automatically protect Prince Sungmin with his other hand (coz his other hand is numb, being under his Min the whole night...). He looked at the person and was confused that it wasn't any of the palace guards. 

Prince Sungmin woke up too due to the sudden crushing towards Prince Kyuhyun's chest. Though he loved the idea of waking up in his Kyu's arms, he was quite alarmed that there was somebody else in the room. 

"Sungmin, are you okay? Who is this guy? You there, let go of my brother now! "

"Ohh, you are the Crown Prince, Lee Jonghyun? I'm sorry for my manners. Hello, I'm Prince Kyuhyun" Kyuhyun sat up, pulling his Min with him. 

"Oh Hyung, good morning. Hey, you can put away your sword. This is Prince Kyuhyun. I was nursing him as he was having a fever and shivering, and I must have fallen asleep" Sungmin then told his brother the whole story on how they met at the waterfall and how the Prince walked in to the social area looking for water. 

"I'm sorry, Prince Kyuhyun for my manners too. I was just alarmed that suddenly somebody slept with my brother" but he refrained from adding "in a very cozy position... "

"ahhhh, I was supposed to get up earlier to wake the prince up so that he can go back to his room, but I guess I got too comfortable" Sungmin said smiling shyly. 

"I'll make my move then. 
Min, thank you very much for nursing me all night. I feel much better today. We meet for breakfast later?  Probably father will officially introduce me to your family as I wasn't around during last evening's feast. And.... can you two keep this 'sleeping together' between ourselves only? I don't want to get Min in trouble" Kyuhyun smile apologetically towards Crown Prince Jonghyun. 

"Of course your Highness. Ohh, do you think myself and Sungmin can walk around the palace garden this morning before breakfast?"

"Of course you can, we don't have any restrictions within the palace territory. Go ahead, don't worry. I will go wash up and join you all for breakfast" Kyuhyun put on his sleepers, smile at Prince Sungmin and walked out towards his room. 

Crown Prince Jonghyun sat on the bed "Hmmm, am I seeing something here. You two like each other? You never took care of me when I was sick but you took care of him!" 

"Awwwww Hyung, you have mother who took care you and you were hardly sick, for the record! And yes, we already like each other even before last night. And he really walked in here without knowing the I was here and I was one of father's sons" Sungmin said shyly and looking down at his hands. 

"So...... i just need to hint to father that you like the 3rd Prince? Father is dying to proceed with his marriage plans".

"Could you, hung? I would die if father decided to marry me off to Kyu's elder brothers". 

"Let's see how it goes, ok. Now wash up quickly and join me for our morning walk"

"Yes hyung" Sungmin quickly dashed to the washroom, leaving Crown Prince chuckling behind him.  He shake his head at the turn of event. No wonder his brother loved to go to the waterfall. It was the place where he met Prince Kyuhyun, eventhough both didn't know who each other was! This is getting interesting! He smile and walked back to his room. 


Hyukjae was panicking because Prince Kyuhyun wasn't at his bed. He was about to run out when the prince himself walked in. 

"Your Highness! Where were you? You should wake me up if you need anything! "

"Relax will you. I'm feeling better already. I got news for you!" and Kyuhyun told Hyuk everything, including the awful news that Hae didn't come with the royal family. 

"Ohmygod! Min is Prince Sungmin?? And Hae is Lord Donghae? Oh my... and you were sleeping on Prince Sungmin's bed? My, you are fast! "

"Shhhh, not so loud you dumbwit. He was nursing me and keeping me warm, while somebody else was happily snoring away.." 

"You were sleeping, that's why I slept too. How would I know you would wake up in the middle of the night and wonder to the the guest territory.."

"Ok ok, can you get the servant to get my warm bath ready? I want to wash up and get ready for breakfast. You and Wook join us too".

"Ok I wash up and look for that chatterbox"

"What chatterbox?" both of them turn towards the voice of Ryeowook. "oh you are finally looking better, your Highness. Your Crown Prince hyung asked whether you can join them for breakfast".

"Yeah, tell Hyung I will be there. You and Hyuk too ok" 

"Woohoo!! I'm hungry already" Wook skip out of Prince Kyuhyun's room. 

Prince Kyuhyun walked into the dining room with Prince Jongwoon, Ryeowook and Hyukjae. Prince Jongwoon had stopped by his brother's room to see how he is this morning. King Soo Man turned and gestured Prince Kyuhyun to come nearer to him. He was standing with Emperor Lee and his two princes.

"This is my 3rd son, Prince Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, this is Emperor Lee Seung-hyun, Crown Prince Lee Jonghyun, and Prince Lee Sungmin".

Kyuhyun bow to show his respect for Emperor Lee "Hello, nice to meet you. I am really sorry I could not attend yesterday's feast". 

"Don't worry about it, son. How are you feeling? I heard you were sick" Emperor Lee asked Prince Kyuhyun. 

"I'm better now, thank you. I have an excellent nurse who took care of me" Kyuhyun smile and glance at Prince Sungmin.  Prince Sungmin tried very hard not to blush and keep looking down. 

Crown Prince Jonghyun chided "Wow, you are lucky to have a such a good nurse. When I was sick, I have to nurse myself..." and Prince Sungmin nudge his arm earning a laugh from his brother. 

"Well, it's great then! I'm so happy that you can join us today" Emperor Lee remarked. 

"Come, come, let's all have our breakfast" King Soo Man gestured all to sit. The Queen was fussy over Prince Kyuhyun, keep on taking food for him and remind him to take his medications after breakfast. 

"Mother, I'm ok. Don't worry too much".

"Yes dear, don't worry about him, he's getting married soon anyway" and everybody laughed. Crown Prince Youngwoon pat Prince Kyuhyun's shoulder repeatedly and laugh. 

Both Prince Kyuhyun and Prince Sungmin looked down. 

Captain Ryeowook felt that there's something going on between Prince Kyuhyun and Prince Sungmin. They kept glancing at each other and smile secretly. He nudge Hyukjae's arm and whispered "does His Highness knew Prince Sungmin before today?" 

"Yes, Prince Sungmin and his bodyguard were the ones we met at the waterfall" Hyukjae whispered back. 

"What? And you two kept it all to yourselves?? "

"You were tasked to look after the horses. Don't blame me... " 

"Where is the bodyguard? Is he good looking too"

"He's absolutely handsome and have six pack. And he's mine ok, but I think he's not here. Else I would have seen him"

"What are you two whispering about?" Prince Jongwoon asked Ryeowook. 

"Nothing nothing" and Ryeowook smile sweetly at him. He would interrogate Hyukjae later.  

"Wook dear, do you think Prince Sungmin is a better choice for Kyuhyun, or it should be Youngwoon-hyung. Or maybe me?" Prince Jongwoon teased Ryeowook. 

"You are out of the picture, unless you want all your turtles to be stab merciless by me" Ryeowook smile but have the 'look can kill' expression. 

"Oh my, I better save all my turtles first"

"It's too late. Ddangkoma is in my room. If your Highness so much as to glance at Prince Sungmin, I will wriggle Ddangkoma's neck"

"Woooo, my dear Wook is so merciless. I pledge my loyalty and love to you only"

"That's more like it your Highness" Wook maintain his smile. Next to him, Hyukjae purposely did a vomit action after hearing Prince Jongwoon and Ryeowook's squabbling. Ryeowook stepped Hyukjae leg, earning a painful look on Hyukjae's expression but he maintain a smile when Prince Kyuhyun turned to them after hearing the soft commotion. 

After breakfast, Prince Kyuhyun was asked to join the others for coffee. They lounge at the Verandah overlooking the flower garden. When they were walking there earlier, he purposely slow down his walked so that he could be near Prince Sungmin. They smile at each other and Prince Kyuhyun whispered that the elders must be wanting to finalise the marriage plan. Prince Sungmin whispered back that he's scared, and when Prince Kyuhyun wanted to hold his hand, Crown Prince Jonghyun gave him a warning look not to be too obvious. Apparently he saw them whispering and tried to make sure nobody else saw the exchange. 

Crown Prince Jonghyun will be upset too if the plan was to marry off his brother to Crown Prince Youngwoon, and he would intervene to object the decision for the sake of his brother's happiness. He loved his brother and would do anything for him to see his smile. 

After the coffees were served, King Soo Man started the conversation. 

"Emperor Lee and I had basically reached a decision and agreed on the marriage plan. And I've talked to Youngwoon too, as he is the eldest, and he is agreeable to it. Emperor Lee will marry his son Prince Sungmin, to..... "