On a mission

Alliance

The two wedding couples walked in smartly into the Imperial Ballroom with rows of army officials raising their swords to form a row of shield along the way. Both Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Kyuhyun wore smart army uniform, while Prince Jungsu and Prince Sungmin in white wedding suits. 

It was a beautiful day for both couples. As security was tight, they felt relaxed and could enjoy their wedding without any problems. With this double wedding, it means that they are now officially married in their respective kingdoms.

The feast had gone through thorough checks, and there was no trace of drugs or whatever poisonous substance, so it was declared safe to be serve to their guests. The feast would start after the two couples seeked their blessings from their parents, and as per Sapphire Phoenicia's tradition, the two princes has to go through a swordsfighting. This tradition in any Sapphire warrior's wedding was just to show the strength and greatness of a warrior. 

Prince Jongwoon acted as the referee and signal for everyone to be quiet and then ensure that his two brothers had put on safety attire.  Safety is always first with Sapphire's sword fighting match. Both princes began by wearing  heavy duty black leather armor which covers the body, arms, upper legs and neck. A fencing mask protects the face and heavy duty leather gloves cover their hands. 

Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Kyuhyun bowed at each other and draw out their swords. Prince Sungmin was quite worried because his husband's arm was not completely heal yet, but Prince Jungsu assured him that Crown Prince Youngwoon would surely not harm his favourite brother in any way. 

The swordsfighting started with lots of "Oooohhhs" and "aaaahhhhs" and "Wohhhhhhhh" from the guests and the clapped appreciatively after both princes bowed to end the swordsfighting. Both princes were good, but credits must go to Prince Kyuhyun who has displayed amazing moves, precise attacks and timely defence which earned loud cheers from all the guest. 

Patting his youngest brother's shoulder, Crown Prince Youngwoon said "Well, done Kyu!! You are amazing as always!! I can never beat you in swordsfighting!" 

"Thanks, hyung. You are amazing too! You improved a lot!" 

After they had changed back to their army attire, they joined the rest for the feast. Prince Kyuhyun kissed Prince Sungmin before he sat down to ease his worry. 

"Is your arm ok, Kyu?" 

"Yes, don't worry my love. I'm stronger than you know. And I still have plenty of energy for tonight!!" he practically whispered the last part to his lovely husband. 

Prince Sungmin pinched him earning an "oouch!" followed by a laugh from his naughty husband. He knew that his Kyu was the best in swordsfighting and there was nothing to worry about, but he couldn't help it since his arm was still not fully recovered. 

The dance was the highlight of the day. This round, Prince Kyuhyun didn't want to change partners and would not let Prince Sungmin out of his sight. Before the ceremony and the banquet ended, King Soo Man gave a short speech on his birthday celebration in two weeks time and he invited the same guests as well. 

Prince Kyuhyun told Crown Prince Youngwoon about their plan to go back to the cabin from Sapphire Phoenicia's border. 

"Hyung, Ryeowook and myself suspected that the drugs that were used to immobilise Emerald's guards at the cabin should be the same ones that Opal Whittoria guards use at their entry points. They must have smeared these drugs onto their bows, arrows and daggers so that those who got hit, will be immobilise and will not able to proceed into their kingdom". 

"So, do you mean that you are going to the cabin to get some food samples?" 

"Yes. Sungmin said there should be some food left in the freezer that were not thrown away". 

"Kyu, it might be dangerous to go back there" 

"There are some guards there, and those are from Emerald's Palace and Sungmin knew who there are, hyung" 

"I know, but you are entering from Sapphire's border. They might suspect that you are an enemy" 

"Don't worry hyung, we plan to stay on the border first and Sungmin will call out the guards. Then when it is safe to cross over, we will proceed to cross the river to the cabin."

"Alright, when are you all going?" 

"The day after tomorrow" 

"I see. Hmm, in order not to stir suspicion, I suggest we get our troop to hold their battle practice near the forest, so you all should go together with our troop, and thereafter proceed into the forest while they stay there to practice. When you return, you all return with the troop, so that way, everybody thought that you all go together with the troop to practice. And try to hide and preserve the food so that the drugs are still traceable"

"Good suggestion, hyung" 

"I will get Jongwoon to lead the troop. He will surely agree as Ryeowook is going with you" they both laughed, and Crown Prince Youngwoon added "I'll talk to Jongwoon now". 

"Do you want me to talk to him instead?" 

"No, no, I talk to him. It's better as I can tell him what needs to be done for the practise session".

"Thanks, hyung. Yes, you are good at planning too!" Prince Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Brat. Anyway, I am sure you want to keep this mission as highly confidential as possible. So I will just tell father that you and Sungmin wanted to go hunting, and Jongwoon accompanied you with the troop".

Kyuhyun looked genuinely impressed that his hyung was willing to help him all the way. Sungmin was right, informing Youngwoon-hyung was a good decision "great, thank you for doing that, hyung". 

"I should thank you for taking the trouble to find out about the drugs that they might use" 

"I hope that we are right. I will update you after we come back from this mission" 

"And I suggest you start the journey at 8am, after our breakfast, so that father will not ask too many questions" 

"Alright, I will inform the rest, and we will wait for the troop at the stables" 

Crown Prince Youngwoon nodded his head and waved and turned around to go to Prince Jongwoon's room. 

The next morning, everything was ready as per their plan, and they started moving to the forest. Their father has been informed about their hunting trip and he has given his approval. 

The troop halted at the entrance to the forest and started to prepare their practice session. Prince Jongwoon gave the go-ahead signal for Prince Kyuhyun to proceed and the five of them, Princes Kyuhyun and Sungmin, Major General Lee Hyukjae, Lord Donghae and Captain Ryeowook, to retreat to the forest to start their mission. 

But suddenly Prince Jongwoon called Captain Ryeowook. "Wook dear, I think we have a crisis" 

Captain Ryeowook quickly get his horse to gallop to Prince Jongwoon "What Jongwoon?? Don't give me a scare last minute" 

"What happened hyung?" Prince Kyuhyun led his horse to his brother too. 

"I forgot to feed my turtles"... 

And Prince Kyuhyun face-palmed...