Planting a spy

Alliance

The three Kings and their respective Royal Councils had decided that the double wedding will be held 2 weeks earlier than the original date. This meant that Sapphire Phoenicia has very little time to finalise the wedding preparations, eventhough most of the preparations has been done earlier. There were always bound to have hiccups or changes since now the wedding would be held behind close doors. 

The changed in dates would not be made known to outsiders, and the list of guests were checked and rechecked by Major General Lee Hyukjae, Lord Donghae and Crown Prince Park Yoochun. No additional names were added and no last minute changes were entertained. And the original date remain as a celebration for all, to commemorate King Soo Man's birthday. 

The three Royal families and their officials reached Sapphire Phoenicia safely because they went through the same remote route that Kim Gura took. They wore shabby attire and moved quietly in early morning. The guards were following closely behind to ensure their safety. 
 
In Prince Kyuhyun's room, the newlyweds were resting in each other's arm, or more precisely, Prince Sungmin's back was against Prince Kyuhyun's chest. When Prince Kyuhyun heard his Min's stomach grumbling, he asked with concern "Are you hungry, Min? Do you want to eat something?" 

"I have food phobia, after what happened in the cabin. But I guess some snacks will do, since we will be having dinner soon?" Prince Sungmin told his husband. Prince Kyuhyun got up and informed a helper to bring over some snacks. 

"Don't worry Min, the food here are safe. The helper told me that mother has instructed all food to be thrown and replaced with fresh food" 

"That's sad isn't? Just because of Opal Whittoria, we have to waste all the food. But it can't be help" 

 "Yes, better be safe than sorry" Kyuhyun said and got up again to take the plate of snacks from the helper and passed to Sungmin".

"Do you want some?" 

"No, I'm not really hungry. The truth, I want to resolve the Opal issue as soon as I can. I hate it, we cannot even go outside the palace peacefully. Sapphire Phoenicia used to be a peaceful country and we are very close to our people. But because of Opal spies everywhere, I can't even show you places that I always go and the beautiful waterfall from Sapphire side" Prince Kyuhyun sighed. 

"When is the meeting with your brothers?" 

"Tonight after dinner. Father wanted all of us to meet in the Council Chamber with door closed. Your father and brother will attend too, so are Youngwoon hyung's father-in-law and Crown Prince Park Yoochun".

"Kyu, for the meeting tonight, do you have any strategies in mind already?" 

"Yes I have, but not strong enough. I need more background and I wanted to ask Wook what he can recall in Opal, like the food, people and the reign power".

"Ohh, Captain Ryeowook-ssi was from Opal?" 

"Yes, he defected from there when there was a coupe to toppled the former king, led by an army General. The army killed many villagers and Wook and family fled to the sea in boats. Chwang saved Wook when his boat capsized, but couldn't saved the rest because they drown".

"So sad, I didn't know he went through a very sad background" 

"Yeah, well, he decided to stay here, work hard and is very loyal to  us. He hated the Opals and has no qualms to go to battlefield to fight against the Opal". 

"I see. But still sad though. I'm happy that he found happiness here and decided to stay for good". 

After dinner, the warriors were asked to adjourn to the Council Chamber to start the meeting. Prince Kyuhyun gave his Min a kiss and told him to go back to their room first. 

After the guys had gone, Prince Jungsu pulled Prince Sungmin to join him for a walk. Prince Sungmin had been introduced to Prince Jungsu during dinner and he found that Prince Jungsu was a very friendly person, always smiling and  very accommodating. 

"Sungmin, let's go to the Arts Chamber" 

"I didn't even know that there is an Arts Chamber!! Is there a show or something?" 

"Come, you'll see"

Prince Sungmin was surprised that it was like a mini theatre with seats to watch whatever on the stage. 

"The mini musical is starting soon. The helpers are the main actors and actresses. I heard tonight it's Moonlight behind the Clouds" 

"Wow" 

"Let's sit there!" Prince Jungsu pointed to a row of vacant seats in front. As they approached, the helpers all stood up and bowed, and Prince Sungmin waved and smile at them and gestured for them to sit.

"Our Queen Mother was the one who converted this place to an Arts Chamber and encouraged the helpers to have a relaxing time here as well as show their talent in anything, musical, drama, dancing or even acrobatics. I got to know about this place from my husband, Youngwoon"

"Wow, no wonder the helpers respected Mother, because she really takes great care of the helpers" 

"Yes, and she also encouraged these helpers to go for swordsmanship training or some other self defence so that they are also equipped to protect themselves" 

"That's great. I will tell my mother too. Maybe she can do something like this back home". 

The mini musical was surprisingly well done and full of laughter. The audience cheers them on, and whenever there was a kissing scene, they clapped their hands and teased the actor and actress. It was really fun and both Princes had a great time. 

Meanwhile, the atmosphere was tense inside the meeting chamber. 

"Father, I don't think it's wise to go straight into war with the Opals. They have spies everywhere, surely they will know our intentions and prepare a counter attack" 

"What do you propose, Kyuhyun" King Soo Man was always interested to know his youngest son's opinion.

"I suggest we do the same, send a few people to disguise as traders, and spy on them. I think Kim Gura-hyung would be a good candidate because he is a trader. But we need more people" 

The room started to have whispers and mini discussions. Then Admiral Yunho spoke up "Myself and Changmin can go, Your Highness. We are trained to recognise enemies and we can easi6detect entry points and what are their weakest point". Next to him, Admiral Changmin nodded his head. 

"Chwang, you ok with it?" Prince Kyuhyun asked his best friend. 

"I am ok, your highness, while Kim Gura-ssi do the trading, we can keep a lookout on their entry points and mixed around with the villagers" Admiral Changmin told him. 

"But you will missed my wedding" 

"Your highness, I've seen your handsome face during your earlier ceremony. I'm ok to miss it, I think you will look equally gorgeous!" Admiral Changmin jokingly teased Prince Kyuhyun. 

"Ahem... I will strive to look better then him" Crown Prince Youngwoon chipped in to lightened the mood. Everybody laughed. 

"Alright then, we go with Kyuhyun's plan. Kyu and Jongwoon, both of you go to Gura's house tomorrow to tell him the plan. Disguised as villagers and walk along the village. Youngwoon, you follow them from behind with some guards, just to ensure their safety".

"Yes father" all the three brothers said together.

"Wook, can you recall what was Opal's specialty. Of we know, it will be easier to trade something that they don't have" Prince Jongwoon asked his beloved, Captain Ryeowook. 

"Opal Whittoria is very good with drugs. They have vast plantation of Papaver somniferum, and they use it to make various kind of drugs, from opium to lighter drugs such as those used at the cabin" 

"Your Highness, I suggest we bring in traditional medicines, herbs and ginseng to Opal. Topaz Quenizoria has abundance of plants with fleshy roots which are Panax ginseng and Panax quinquefolius. We can supply ginseng for the trade" Crown Prince Park Yoochun said, and immediately agreed by his father, King Park. 

"Good thinking, Yoochun-hyung. We despatch someone to go back home and get everything ready" Crown Prince Youngwoon patted his brother-in-law's shoulder. 

"And Emerald Anatolia can supply herbs. We have acres and acres of lemon balm, which is a relative of mint, and lemon balm is a versatile medicinal herb that helps relieve anxiety, insomnia, wounds, herpes, insect bites, flatulence, and an upset stomach. It also speeds the healing of cold sores" Crown Prince Jonghyun told the rest. 

"Yes, that's right. Good point, Jonghyun! Soo Man, we will supply you with the medicational herbs"  Emperor Lee said. 

"Thank you Father and Jonghyun-hyung" Prince Kyuhyun bowed to both of them. 

"Your Highness, I will get a trusted guard to go back home to get the supplies" Lord Donghae told Crown Prince Jonghyun, who nodded and signalled Lord Donghae to go ahead. 

"For us, we have numerous woods, leaves, bark and roots for traditional medicines, so we are set then. We will gather all the supplies while Kyu and Jongwoon talk to Gura, and then we can plan on the trade to Opal and spying them. Let's meet again 3 days from now and update everybody. Then we can plan on the war with Opal" King Soo Man concluded the meeting. 

"Father, can I join hyungs and everyone else to go to the war with Opal?" Prince Kyuhyun asked his father. 

"No!!" the 3 kings and his brothers said simultaneously! 

"Kyuhyun, you are safer here. Not at the battlefield" Crown Prince Youngwoon told his brother. 

"But hyung....." 

"Really Kyu, you are the main target. The first person they will attack is you. There's no way we will allow you to go" Prince Jongwoon agreed. 

"You have been brilliant in contributing all the ideas and strategies. Let us do you proud by going to the battle and win it for you" Crown Prince Jonghyun pat his brother-in-law's shoulder. 

Kyuhyun was sad, but agreed that it will be safer for him to stay behind. At least he can protect his precious Prince Sungmin. 

"We will have another meeting after the double wedding, which by then we will hear some good news on what Yunho and Changmin can spy on. In the meantime, just be vigilant when you walk around the palace or around the garden, and treat this Palace as your home too!" 

The 3 kings patted King Soo Man's back and walked out talking and laughing. To onlookers, they looked like just finished a round of drinks. 

Kyuhyun couldn't wait to find his Min to tell him that he would not be going to the battlefield. But when he reached their room, his Min was not in. He started searching for his Min.

In the Palace garden, Prince Sungmin was happily talking and walking with Prince Jungsu. They were still laughing about the mini musical where the actress kept forgetting her lines. 

Little did they know, a pair of eyes were following them from afar...