Assumptions

Alliance

After the intruder at the Palace Garden and Prince Kyuhyun’s stabbing, the security around the Palace was even more stringent than ever. Major General Lee Hyukjae personally oversee all the entry points around the Palace grounds, to ensure maximum security especially during the combine wedding, which will commence tomorrow afternoon.

Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Kyuhyun has been briefed on the security around the Palace and they have also looked through the list of invites, which after scanning through their background, they had given their thumbs up and green light. 

Even the gala dinner after the wedding could only be attended by the people in the invite list, which were mostly the high ranking officials, royalties and noblemen from all the three allied kingdoms.

"Hyukjae, can you also check the musicians, the priest and the helpers? No last minute replacement or call-in for sick leave" Crown Prince Youngwoon told Major General Lee Hyukjae. 

"Yes, your highness. I have done 1st round of checks. Ryeowook will do the 2nd round of checks" 

"Alright, thank you Hyukjae" then he turned to Kyuhyun "Kyu, why don't you rest first? I will update father. You looked pale. Are you still taking the mixture?". 

"No more, hyung, but I feel all right, actually"

"Maybe get Sungmin to do the mixture again, just to be safe. The remedy works so far, right?". 

"Yes, and the wound is healing. I can raise my arm and I started practicing swordsfighting this morning. I can even challenge you to a swordsfighting actually you know.. haha.." 

"Really... Haha.. I would love to prove you wrong, but I don't want to injured you further" 

"Anyway hyung, while resting, I have done some studying on Opal Whittoria's entry points. We will have clearer picture once Changmin update us, but from what I can gather so far, their entry points were not heavily guarded, but the soldiers are armed with daggers that has been laced with drugs, similar to the drugs that the intruder used to stab me"

"How do you know about this?" 

"From the big guy that Sungmin's brother put in the lockup. He said we can never passed their kingdom's entry points because once we got stabbed with their daggers or arrows, we will lost controls and will not have any fighting power". 

"This is good information, Kyuhyun. Even if their daggers are not laced with drugs, we can still keep a close watch and refrain from getting stabbed. Maybe it's good to wear a vast or something full proof" 

"Yes, I was thinking about that too. Our troop need to protect their body as much as possible. I will show you and Jongwoon-hyung on the strategies that I have drawn up, after the wedding" 

"Good work, Kyu. Even if your body was weak, your mind was still active!!" Crown Prince Youngwoon chuckled at him and patted his shoulders. 

"Hyung, I told you before, what will you and Jongwoon-hyung do without me" Kyuhyun said proudly. 

"Brat! Go and rest. I see you for dinner tonight" they laughed and went separate ways. 

"Your highness!" Kyuhyun heard his name and turned around. Captain Ryeowook was walking towards him. 

"Heyyy Wook. Sungmin told me you helped to find the remedy. Thank you so much!" 

"Aisshhh, it's my job to keep you safe, you know! And you are welcome. By the way, Prince Sungmin told me about what he heard from his brother. That the guards around Opal's entry points have daggers and arrows laced with drugs" 

"Yes. Do you think they are using the same drugs as the one smeared on the dagger that the intruder stabbed me with?" 

"Either that, or something more powerful your highness" Ryeowook said seriously. 

"How can we ascertain and find a remedy? I was thinking of getting our troops to wear a vast and cover their body as much as possible so that they will not get injured by the daggers or arrows, but I don't know if this is the best method" 

"Your highness, remember those drugs smeered at the food at the cabin? Those drugs were quite powerful because it immobilised the guards. Probably those are the drugs that they use at the entry points. Do you think there are still food samples in that cabin?" 

"Probably you are right, Wook. Hmmm, I'm not sure there are remaining food as what I know, our guards disposed everything. Wait, I can ask Sungmin because he did keep some food in the freezer. Come with me, Wook" 

They went to Prince Kyuhyun’s room and Prince Sungmin was seating down reading a book. He smiled sweetly at his husband as Kyuhyun walked in with Captain Ryeowook. 

"Hello, both of you!" Prince Sungmin greeted them. 

"Heyyy sweetheart" Kyuhyun pecked Prince Sungmin's lips, and added "Min, I recalled that you kept some food in the freezer in the cabin's kitchen. Do you think those food are still there or the guards might destroy those food already?" 

"Hmmm, I'm not sure, but they might not because they didn't know that I kept some of those food, and they couldn't enter the cabin, anyway. Why do you ask..?" 

Ryeowook asked Prince Sungmin "Your highness, remember you told me about the guards at Opal's entry places?"

"Yup. Their daggers, bows and arrows are laced with drugs. That was what that stupid guy told hyung" 

"Yes, right, so Wook suspected that they use the same drugs at Opal's entry points as what they used in the cabin. Remember, all the guards became immobile and unconscious. Our assumption is, they will use the same drugs and tactic, so that the enemies cannot proceed with the attacks once they got stabbed with daggers laced with these drugs" Kyuhyun told his Min. 

"Oh wow, your assumptions make sense. Hmm, Kyu, there's a way to go to the cabin from Sapphire, right? If I can go with Ryeowook from Sapphire, I can open the cabin and we go in and take the food samples" 

"It's too dangerous, Min"

"But only myself or hyung can open the door, and I know where I kept those food". 

"Your highness, maybe you, me, Prince Sungmin and Hyukjae go together? We can tell the rest that you wanted to go hunting with Prince Sungmin" 

"Good idea, Wook. I never know you are so brilliant!!" Kyuhyun showed his tongue because Ryeowook glared at him. "Ok, we'll arrange after the wedding. Is it alright with you, Min?" 

"Yes, Kyu, but I think you should inform Youngwoon-hyung the truth, so that he knows exactly where we will be" 

"Alright I will" Prince Kyuhyun said and kissed his Min's cheek. 

"Argghh can you two get a room?" Ryeowook purposely coughed. 

"We are in our room! You are the one who should get out" Prince Kyuhyun turned Ryeowook around and playfully slapped his backside. 

Ryeowook showed his tongue at Kyuhyun and said "I tell Jongwoon that you slapped my backside!" and stomped off. 

Prince Sungmin laughed. "You and Wook are very close". 

"Yeah, eversince he was rescued by Chwang, he has been loyal and dedicated his life working for us. And has been helping me eversince. He regarded me as a friend, and yet know his boundaries and never cross over the line". 

"He is a good person. He told me that his family actually has connections with the former Royal family of Opal Whittoria. Sadly, none of the royal family are alive because TOP killed all of them" 

"TOP?" 

"The reigning ruler of Opal Whittoria now. He is the evil guy behind all the killings of innocent people of Opals. Luckily Ryeowook and his family managed to escape. Just too bad his family boat capsized and only he was saved" 

"I heard that name before" Kyuhyun was trying to remember where he chance upon that name. 

"I met him during one of the martial arts tournaments. I didn't know he was an evil guy at that time" 

"Hmmm, really? Anyway, his name sounds familiar but I cannot recall where I heard it" Kyuhyun dismissed the topic. "Are you hungry? Shall we go for dinner?" 

"Give me a minute, I keep the book" Prince Sungmin got up and put the book next to their bed. "Ok, let's go" 

"What were you reading?" 

"It's was from your library actually. It's the 1st edition of 'The Book Thief'.  Jungsu-hyung recommended it to me, and I like it.  Can I bring it home to Emerald?" 

"Of course you can" Kyuhyun put his hand around Prince Sungmin's shoulder. 

"What kind of books do you read, Kyu?" 

"Me? Oh those boring stuff, like calculus, swordsfighting and earth dimensions" 

"Calculus? Wow, you must be good in mathematical problems!" 

"Ahem... you can say that" and when they met Crown Prince Youngwoon and Prince Jungsu at the dining hall entrance, Kyuhyun continued "Just ask hyung. He will tell you that your dear husband here is the one who always come up with the best battle strategies after calculating all the possible scenarios" Kyuhyun said proudly. 

"Brat!" Crown Prince Youngwoon playfully punched Prince Kyuhyun "Half of the strategies were mine too!" and he playfully punched him again. Though Crown Prince Youngwoon agreed that his brother is excellent in planning and calculating risk, he couldn't lose out to his brother in front of his dear Jungsu!  

Kyuhyun rub his arm.. 

"Ouch hyung, you punched me at my injured arm..." Prince Kyuhyun feign pain expression. 

"Kyu, are you ok?" Prince Sungmin asked worriedly. 

"I just playfully punched you, it wasn't even hard. Did I hurt you?? Really?" Crown Prince Youngwoon started to get worried. 

"Hahaha I'm just kidding hyung!!" Prince Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Kyu!!" Prince Sungmin smacked him. 

"Brat!" and they all laughed.