The Long Night Goes On

Sunspot

☀️

 

“Umma!” The child yelled at the top of his lungs, tears running down his cheeks.

“Hurry up and get him out of here!” One of the ‘villains’ shouted to another.

The boy tried to claw his way out of the villain’s arms but it was no use.

He was weak and small while they were strong.

“UMMA!!”

 

 

“BAEKHYUN WATCH OUT!” She shouted right before he tripped on a large fallen branch, causing both of them to fall down yet again.

Eunhee rose up first. “Are you okay?” She asked the clumsy alien.

“Yes, I’m fi--” he failed to finish upon seeing hundreds of small green lights moving around and about. “W-what are those?”

She looked at him surprised.

It seemed to her just by looking at the boy’s expression that it’s his first time encountering such creatures.

“They’re fireflies.” She replied, trying hard not to laugh at the way he looked at them as if they would bite him at any moment. “Don’t worry, they’re harmless.”

His eyes watched them dance in the air, afraid and amused at the same time. “Are you sure?”

“Yes.” She laughingly answered. “Watch.”

Eunhee then raised both of her arms and waited for one to fly close within her reach.

“Aha!” She shouted upon catching one in her hands. “Come closer and look.”

Baekhyun listened and did what he was told. “You caught one?” He asked her.

Without saying anything, she slightly opened her hands to reveal the bug’s bright light.

“Wow!” He exclaimed with amazement as he switched his attention to her face where the firefly’s magical glow reflected.

His eyes beamed at what he saw. “Pretty…” He said under his breath upon discovering how beautiful Eunhee was as she smiled while looking at the bug she had caught.

“Hm?” She reacted, looking back at him, and making him blush.

He quickly pulled himself back to hide his burning cheeks in the dark. “I.. uh…” He started to stutter. “We should go…”

“Oh? Yeah..” She awkwardly replied as she let go of the caught firefly.

 

Once again, Baekhyun pressed his hands against his knees to stand.

This time, however, he fell back down.

“What’s wrong?” She asked him, noticing his scrunched face.

“I think I sprained my foot too…”

Eunhee’s eyes widened at what he had just said.

“WHAT?!”