School Mayhem

Sunspot

☀️

“Kim Eunhee?” Mr. Lee, Eunhee’s homeroom teacher, called.

How… She murmured to herself, remembering the day Baekhyun magically lit up the light post again.

“Ya. Eunhee-ya…” Jiyoung whispered to her with a nudge on the shoulder to wake her up from her daydream.

The subtle yet strong nudge made Eunhee snap out of her thoughts and stand from her seat.

“Ne!” She shouted without thinking.

“Wow. I didn’t think you would be so interested.” He said with a chuckle, causing everyone to laugh as well. “Okay then. Eunhee will represent our class for this year’s talent show.”

“WHAT?!” She exclaimed, utterly muddled by what was going on.

And just when things couldn’t get any more confusing and embarrassing for Eunhee, she saw a familiar grinning face appear through the door window.

“Oh my—“ She failed to mentally curse when Baekhyun slid the door open.

“EUNHEE-YA!” He called her with excitement.

The mention of her name caused all her classmates to stare at her, waiting for a reaction from the receiver of the strange boy’s surprising call.

Eunhee, however, was speechless.

“Uhm… Who are you?” Their timid teacher asked the Baekhyun.

“Me? I’m Baekhyun!” He delightfully answered. “Eunhee and I--”

Her eyes widened.

Her lips quivered.

A sudden rush of adrenaline took over her as she sprints towards the door and pulled the alien away from her classroom with the hook of her arm.

All before Baekhyun could even finish his sentence.

The abrupt series of events made everyone in the room still and silent in their places.

“Well…” Mr. Lee uttered to break the silence. “I… should go check what just happened.” He added and awkwardly left the room.

Loud bursts of ‘woos’ filled the air once the teacher left. Everyone started murmuring and making new and different assumptions about what they had just witnessed.

“Ya ya ya.” One called another. “Who do you think that was?” He enthusiastically asked.

“I bet they’re dating!” Another answered with a dolphin-pitched laugh.

A loud bang made everyone turn to its origin.

At the corner of the room was Kyubin, the self-proclaimed detective of the class. No one ever believed him though; since most of his conclusions sounded ridiculous to everyone.

He stood up from his seat, lifted his head high and opened his mouth, making everyone wait in silence for his ‘clever’ suppositions.

“Did anyone notice the lunch bag the guy brought?” Kyubin asked his classmates with one brow raised.

“Yeah, so?” One of them replied.

 “Don’t you guys get it? They’re living together! Eunhee forgot her lunch bag at home so her boyfriend came here to give it to her.” He concluded.

But instead of receiving a loud cheer for his intelligent reasoning from the audience, Kyubin was yet again ignored.

The room was once more filled with boisterous gossip and giggles

Jiyoung, on the other hand, sat silent with her arms crossed and brows curved into a contemplating state.

“Who was that guy?” She thought to herself.